Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    son it was pretty funny watching Dirk being cuckolded like that lol ... I even think that West was banging one of Dirk's crackhead, felon girlfriends too.
    I'm impressed with the "defense" he played on Dirk.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    It takes a special kind of waffle to choose Nash over Dirk. The only reason you picked Nash is because you're trying to get a rise out of Mavs fans. You're utterly transparent.
    son that is simply not true. Unlike MOST fans on this board, I actually use logic when making my decisions. People on this board hate Chris Paul so much that they vote against him whenever deep down they know the truth .... I don't vote like that. I would honestly take Nash over Dirk. You can argue it either way though.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I would honestly take Nash over Dirk. .
    30 out of 30 GMs and 30 out of 30 coaches would disagree with you.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    30 out of 30 GMs and 30 out of 30 coaches would disagree with you.
    son I'm glad you have inside sources to know that type of info.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    son I'm glad you have inside sources to know that type of info.
    It's just common sense.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    It's just common sense.
    son sure it is

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk. It is at the very least a legitimate question though if we're talking about primes.

And he deserved his MVP because he was VOTED the MVP. That is the criteria (to acquire the most votes), he met it, and thus deserved it. Period.

90/50/40 year for a 7 footer, 67 wins, great 4th quarter stats too... yeahhh if not Dirk that year, who the else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk led a team to a le all by himself
    A le? Sorry, has there been a time warp? Did I miss a year? Don't you mean he led a team to the brink of a le then folded like a bad poker hand?

I take Nash by a nose - one of the great offensive PGs of all-time, an impeccable shooter and incredible passer, made those around him better (see Marion, S particularly), 2 MVPs, would have won a ring but for the Spurs. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure Nash and Dirk are both members of the exclusive 40-50-90 club. Nash's major detraction is that he's useless on D, but then so is Dirk.

And, no, that second paragraph is not Mav-fan-bait (the first definitely is). I honestly think Nash has a slightly better pedigree than Dirk, and unlike most Spurs fans don't hate him - Nash has always played the right way, given his all to the team and played like a Warrior. Go back and watch him playing through that broken nose in 2007 if you've forgotten how tough he is.

I really like Steve Nash. I sorta like Dirk, and respect him as the greatest 7ft shooter the world has ever seen, but I also pity him for 2006 and like his choice of women...
    Last edited by RuffnReadyOzStyle; 09-15-2009 at 10:53 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    A le? Sorry, has there been a time warp?
    Yes, it happened right around the time you said this:

Nash's major detraction is that he's useless on D, but then so is Dirk.
    For about the past 4-5 seasons Dirk has improved to an above average defender. I guess you'd have to actually watch basketball and pay attention to know this though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it happened right around the time you said this:

For about the past 4-5 seasons Dirk has improved to an above average defender. I guess you'd have to actually watch basketball and pay attention to know this though
    Okay, I'll admit that Dirk is not as bad a defender as Nash. Still doesn't change my mind, or the fact that you are an idiot for suggesting that Dirk has actually won something... what were you thinking???

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk by a mile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give us your reasoning, baseline. I'm curious.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Despite that embarrassing flameout to the Warriors, Dirk's MVP was deserved. If we're gonna penalize him for the Warriors loss, then we should crucify Nash. Before Nash, I don't think there was ever a back-to-back MVP winner to not win a le in one of those years, let alone MAKE the finals.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Okay, I'll admit that Dirk is not as bad a defender as Nash. Still doesn't change my mind, or the fact that you are an idiot for suggesting that Dirk has actually won something... what were you thinking???
    2006 champs got

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    For the record, I think Nash has the advantage at the very peak of their primes, meaning those 2 mvp years. Nash was IMO the most talented player of all time with the ball, and one of the most efficient PG's ever at running an offense. It's a shame his defense blew . And Dirk has definitely been the better of the two when considering entire careers, he's been consistent as for the past decade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a mile is a joke. at their peaks nash was pretty damn good. One of the best offensive players (in terms of scoring and running an offense). If you look at his performance on a team where the only other star was amare, that was quite impressive. He also made marion seem sooooooooooo much better than he really was. Agreed he was never going to win a championship because of the flawed ssol philosophy, but he was one of the best at what he did.

all said, I would still pick dirk (7 footer who shoots like he does is a rarity), but a mile is just ignorant and disrespectful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a Heat fan? Living in terminal denial?

And really, drop the got or next time I'm in Texas I will ram your head up your own arse, pal. I didn't get personal with you, I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the Hakeem vs Duncan or Robinson argument. Many people pick Hakeem to be better than Duncan/Robinson, because Hakeem's peak was better.

Robinson and Duncan did it better for longer however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't get personal with you, I'd appreciate the same courtesy.
    Just saying.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're a Heat fan? Living in terminal denial?

And really, drop the got or next time I'm in Texas I will ram your head up your own arse, pal. I didn't get personal with you, I'd appreciate the same courtesy.
    Are you seriously threatening me over the internet? Boy, I'd whip your tall, lanky, Australian ass. Don't with a Texan son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you seriously threatening me over the internet? Boy, I'd whip your tall, lanky, Australian ass. Don't with a Texan son
    No, not seriously. Just pointing out that there's no need to go ad hominem when the other person hasn't.

Lanky? I weight 105kg mate. And I would kick your arse to Mexico.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has stated twice in this thread that Dirk won a le in 2006. Under those cir stances, isn't it acceptable to use the descriptor "idiot"? It's not like that's an unreasonable use of the word given the context. If I'd called him a " got" or "cow humper" or something, I'd agree with you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He has stated twice in this thread that Dirk won a le in 2006. Under those cir stances, isn't it acceptable to use the descriptor "idiot"? It's not like that's an unreasonable use of the word given the context. If I'd called him a " got" or "cow humper" or something, I'd agree with you.
    want me to say it one more time? are all you aussies this dense? you make trolling easy as 1 2 3..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    want me to say it one more time? are all you aussies this dense? you make trolling easy as 1 2 3..
    Oh, you're trolling me? Generally that involves some manner of prank or clever wordplay, none of which I've seen from you yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a common thing around here for Mav fans to say " 2006 champs fa**ot". He was joking, it was very obvious.

It is never ok to call someone an idiot. That is a personal attack, whether you try and bend the terms to fit your needs or not. Not a big deal, but you should realize you do the same things you ask not to be done sometimes.

Clever with the DPWhatever though

Thread Information