Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video: Shaq, a Speedo and a cannonball
    By J.E. Skeets
    Ball Don't Lie

Tuesday night saw the finale episode of "Shaq Vs.," which pits Shaquille O'Neal against other top athletes in their own sports. The Big Aristotle's final compe or and course — 14-time Olympic gold medalist and world champion swimmer Michael Phelps, in the pool.

Shaq challenged Phelps in a series of swimming races at the Mangione Aquatic Center at Loyola University, MD and whoever won the best-out-of-three swim-offs would be named the winner.

According to the Examiner, in race one, Phelps swam 50 yards freestyle (with a five second head start), while Shaq only had to go 25 yards. Surprisingly, Shaq won. (He's like a manatee!) In race two, Phelps swam the individual 200 IM, while Shaq anchored the freestyle portion of his team 200 IM. His fellow teammates were some of the fastest current U.S. female swimmers, but it didn't matter, Phelps still won.

Finally, in the third and final race, Shaq only needed to swim 50 yards, while Phelps had to go 75 yards. It was a close heat, but once again, Phelps got the best of him.

Shaq's penalty — to try synchronized swimming in a pink swim cap.

Instead, he got his Ron Burgundy on and did a weak cannonball off the dive platform.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know here to begin...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't steve nash' name on the "Concept by" credits?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know if steve nash would be more entertaining than shaq. But stealin an idea is pretty low. Plus would have loved to see Duncan go up against phelps. Might have been more compe ive, and wouldnt have required as big a handicap.

Dacos
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why isn't steve nash' name on the "Concept by" credits?
    He has executive producer credits

Thread Information