Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far this game has the goods. It's a blast to play but the total lack of a pause button is a serious pain in the ass some times.
    I think it's awesome. You just have to make sure you're safe before you do something complicated, just like real-life. Adds a lot of tension. Nice to see a game that doesn't compromise on difficulty OR control scheme.

My only niggling complaint is the lock on camera is flighty sometimes. I've died once or twice due to that.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've no problem with the game not pausing when you open up the menu to fiddle with equipment or anything like that. I actually like that layer of it, but I've died a couple of times because of things like my dog diving on my lap right in the middle of a fight. Not being able to take ten seconds to answer a ringing phone or something like feels like one area where the developers went out of their way to cross the line between challenging and frustrating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this isn't a measure of the greatness that is Demon's Souls, I don't know what is:

My girlfriend LOVES this game. Not playing it, as she would not make it out of the first area of the first dungeon. But she loves watching it, because the presentation makes it feel very real. More so than a movie, even. I think that says a lot for the production value and the ability of the game to draw you in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this isn't a measure of the greatness that is Demon's Souls, I don't know what is:

My girlfriend LOVES this game. Not playing it, as she would not make it out of the first area of the first dungeon. But she loves watching it, because the presentation makes it feel very real. More so than a movie, even. I think that says a lot for the production value and the ability of the game to draw you in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game. God damn it. Seriously this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game. God damn it. Seriously this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just started. Really frustrating game to start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brother owns this game... I don't have any games for the PS3 other than fight night 4 and madden 11, so I asked him to let me borrow a couple of games, Demon's Souls was not one of them I've heard it's too difficult

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Demon's Souls is ing awesome. It's hard as though you gotta be patient don't try and rush through it or play it like a hack and slash. Once you get the hang of it, it gets a bit easier. You'll still die a lot though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not "too" hard once you learn the enemies movements but I would definitely say it punishes the out of you if you make a mistake.

I have been playing it off and on for the past 2 years and I still get the urge to get abused by it to this day

If Skyrim wasn't coming out I would probably be more hyped up for Dark Souls but Skyrim is going to hog up all my spare time I think. I'll probably get it later though.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game absolutely ruled. It was the first game in a while that I had some difficulty with. The challenge was welcomed, the frustration was great, but at the end of the day, I felt extremely satisfied when I would just get to the next save point.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manny. I remember the first hour or so was such a pain in the ass. Probably most of the first 8 hours or so really. Don't know how my controller didn't end up in a million pieces or embedded in the TV screen.

I still stand by my assessment that a complete lack of a pause button is totally bull . Otherwise this was a of a game. Frustrating, but in an oddly fair sort of way. You actually feel like you improve at the game as you go deeper and finally beating it really feels like an accomplishment. Haven't felt that way about a game since probably the old NES days, so being able to take me that far back in my gamer psyche is pretty cool. At the same time I think it's time for me to put it up for bids on ebay or craigslist because even after beating it the better part of a year ago I really can't see me putting myself through all that again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the best games evar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so I downloaded this game and played a few days on it.

ing bad ass. The atmosphere takes it to skyrim levels IMO. But its more of a true dungeon game and the RPG aspects of it are some of the best ever, IMO even better than Skyrim.

this is the first game I had to do some research in order to beat the first couple of levels. Without the internet research I would have given up on it.

killed the first 2 bosses and they were kinda disappointing, but that's good cause I dont' think I could take losing to a boss 2 or 3 times in a row yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demon's Souls and Dark Soul 1/2 are the most innovative action/RPGs in years, maybe decades. Personally Dark Souls 1 (haven't played 2 but watched it) ranks in my top 5 all-time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demon's Souls and Dark Soul 1/2 are the most innovative action/RPGs in years, maybe decades. Personally Dark Souls 1 (haven't played 2 but watched it) ranks in my top 5 all-time.
    agree

I don't remember putting so much thought and research into my character build. I even have a list of equipment I need to find throughtout the levels already. for example, right now looking for cresent stones to have my mage's MP autoregenerate.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This sounds dumb, but these games are really taxing on me. The frustration can sometimes drag me.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I beat Dark Souls and after that I can't pick up one of these games. Bought Bloodborne and got to my first death spam area and I just don't have the patience anymore to go through it all again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds dumb, but these games are really taxing on me. The frustration can sometimes drag me.
    Oh yeah, that's one of those give and take things of these games (D'S, DS1/2). I like it though, because it makes you accountable for your actions, without straight up shoving you vs OP situation.. they're well balanced. When you up, you are limited to blaming the control scheme and yourself.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've been playing Dark Souls 2 on the ps4. I forgot how awesome the Souls series is. Hope From isn't abandoning it.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I've been playing Dark Souls 2 on the ps4. I forgot how awesome the Souls series is. Hope From isn't abandoning it.
    I told you to get Bloodborne, you !

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    >>>>bloodborne

Maybe when there is dlc and a goty edition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game. goddam

why the do I only get 1 life and then gotta play the ing level as a zombie with half the hit points??????

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Half?

Did you get cursed or something? And as far as I can tell, that's only in part 1 where being Cursed sucked a ton of .

I was running through this game till I hit the Iron Keep. Just finished that area and now it's onto Shaded Woods.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Demon's Souls took off half your health when you died. I think. I haven't played the game in years.

Thread Information