My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys I dunno who can help me but please I would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to read this:

Im doing a presentation for college on how the statistical control in the nba is affecting the sport itself as a hobby. A year ago or less I read IIRC in ball dont lie an article in which they talked about the defeat of the clippers against the spurs. In it they mentioned the game and the statistic control and the change in trends from an offensive to a defensive minded teams from season 06-07 to 08-09. If someone can help me find the article I would be truly grateful. In it, they also mentioned a funny comparison between the play run for baron davis at the end of the game, and the running 100m of Usain Bolt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the two-second mark, Ricky passed to Baron Davis, who had just sprinted a lap around halfcourt -- going from the top of the key to the left corner, then under the basket, then to the right corner, and now he was popping out in front of the Clippers' bench. Normally, this would have been an awesome play if, you know, Baron Davis didn't have to run a half-court lap in five seconds. I don't even think Usain Bolt could do this. So Baron catches the pass and has to immediately hoist up a three while flying full-speed the other way after having broken the world record for "fastest half-court lap ever." As the pass is heading toward Baron, Tim Duncan -- one of the smarter players of all time -- realizes that, "Hey, there are only two seconds left, as soon as Baron catches this, he has to throw it up." So he jumps out on Baron.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/081126

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you so much! I wouldnt find it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck with your presentation.

Thread Information