Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...9829/arti.html

14/04/2009
    FRA - Parker signs letter of engagement with French

PARIS (FFBB) - Tony Parker has committed to play for France through the summer of 2012.

The San Antonio Spurs point guard met with Patrick Beesley, the head of the men's basketball team, and sports manager Crawford Palmer before a recent game against Cleveland and signed a letter of engagement.

Other players counted on by national team boss Vincent Collet will also need to sign the letter of engagement in the coming weeks.

France will this summer attempt to win the Additional Qualifying Round for EuroBasket 2009 in Poland.

They will go up against Italy and Finland in Group B, with the side that finishes top to take on the winner of Group A - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belgium or Portugal.

Good luck Tony and please stay healthy

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy might be a problem for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu....

Now TP.........

Injuries injuries........

Spurs should have an all-American team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker should see how Manu's decision last summer came back to haunt the team and sit out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker should see how Manu's decision last summer came back to haunt the team and sit out.
    A lot of people won’t agree… and will bring the…. who’s paying them the money and all that crap… but this is my personal point of view … what’s the point on being an elite athlete and not being able to represent your own country? Americans are so selfish sometimes…. I applaud Tony’s decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu was already injured...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the spurs only need to give him a full month more to rest before playing in the beginning of next RS (if french team plays the final tournament). that should be something doable.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was already injured...
    Bingo. Tony is not injured. I had no problem with the fact Manu wanted to play for his country; I had a problem he wanted to play for his country hurt.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...9829/arti.html

14/04/2009
    FRA - Parker signs letter of engagement with French

PARIS (FFBB) - Tony Parker has committed to play for France through the summer of 2012.

The San Antonio Spurs point guard met with Patrick Beesley, the head of the men's basketball team, and sports manager Crawford Palmer before a recent game against Cleveland and signed a letter of engagement.

Other players counted on by national team boss Vincent Collet will also need to sign the letter of engagement in the coming weeks.

France will this summer attempt to win the Additional Qualifying Round for EuroBasket 2009 in Poland.

They will go up against Italy and Finland in Group B, with the side that finishes top to take on the winner of Group A - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belgium or Portugal.

Good luck Tony and please stay healthy
    good news

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There is a huge cultural and nationalistic rift between the US athletes/fans and athletes/fans from other countries. One side will never understand the other side's stance.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people won’t agree… and will bring the…. who’s paying them the money and all that crap… but this is my personal point of view … what’s the point on being an elite athlete and not being able to represent your own country? Americans are so selfish sometimes…. I applaud Tony’s decision.
    First off you and your "americans are so horrible" ing bull .

Second off, the arguement is CORRECT.

Third off, the er wasn't even BORN there, and NEITHER OF HIS PARENTS ARE FRENCH.

Like Marcus Bryant said and I agree, no more offseason bull .

Now he will come into camp next year tired, hurt, and the SPurs will have to deal with that horse , all for a good for nothing country no one gives a about.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where the is ducks, is what I want to know.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah fantastic, while hes hurt and out for two months because he got hurt playing for these ers, and the Spurs struggle while STILL paying him his 14 million.

Just fan ing tastic news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a huge cultural and nationalistic rift between the US athletes/fans and athletes/fans from other countries. One side will never understand the other side's stance.
    I do, because I'm form the other side of the Atlantic, but at the same time, I 'm a hardcore Spurs fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo. Tony is not injured. I had no problem with the fact Manu wanted to play for his country; I had a problem he wanted to play for his country hurt.
    +1

Besides everytime TP had some health issues, he showed a cautious behavior.

Nevertheless I've never complained about the fact Manu tried to play for his country, Spurs already knew signing Manu that he will never abandon the Argentina team in particular for the Olympics. With Manu we have to accept the crazy stuff he does sometimes and the fact he wants to play for Argentina. It's take him or leave him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst part of this summer for Tony is that France has to play in an additional qualifying tournament just to try to get to EuroBasket and then still play in that tournament both in the same summer. And history shows that even a hang nail and Tony will be back in SA being seen by the Spurs physicians.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Third off, the er wasn't even BORN there, and NEITHER OF HIS PARENTS ARE FRENCH.

Now he will come into camp next year tired, hurt, and the SPurs will have to deal with that horse , all for a good for nothing country no one gives a about.

aaah there's the complete ing asshole we've all come to expect from TPark...

Just a thing... GO YOURSELF YOU ARROGANT TUB OF LARD!

aaah... there, that's better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah fantastic, while hes hurt and out for two months because he got hurt playing for these ers, and the Spurs struggle while STILL paying him his 14 million.

first i'm french, so you too .
    and he hasn't won anything with the french NT, so you can understand why it's important for him to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has a ton of miles on him at 26. He's going to be broken down by 30 unless he start resting in the summers. Olympics I can understand but not every scrub tournament every summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony spent all his life in France and always had the french nationality. you can't be more french. the fact that he's born in Belgium has nothing to do with that (his father played for a belgian basketball team then but his family came in France when Tony was three weeks old)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has a ton of miles on him at 26. He's going to be broken down by 30 unless he start resting in the summers. Olympics I can understand but not every scrub tournament every summer.
    The problem is they could not even qualify for EuroBasket last summer. They need Tony to try to even get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you know how you get qualified for the Olympics in Europe ??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've gotta agree with T-Park here. Business is business. You've got a contractual obligation to your employer. If you're going to accept millions, there needs to be some concessions on the players part. The country you're being paid in is irrelevant. Tau has every right to be upset about Splitter if he runs off to play for Brazil, just like the Spurs do with Tony.

I do think that we are naturally biased towards our own national teams however. I don't recall anyone ing when Timmy played for the US team. I think more would be cheering for Parker if he was playing for the US national team.

Thread Information