Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dual boot my computer with Windows XP and Ubuntu 9.04. I got the broadband pass and can watch in on windows with no problems. But I'd rather watch it in Ubuntu. Is there a way of getting it to work? I have Wine 1.1.13 on it. I have not been able to get it to work.
    Last edited by spursncowboys; 10-28-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    It's still just a flash app right? I've had problems with flash in Ubuntu before. IIRC, it comes with some really crappy third-party FLV decoder, that undermines Adobe. Can you watch any other streaming video in Ubuntu. Youtube? What about Hulu or other flash formats?

I'm not sure this is the problem, but open up your synaptic pckg. mngr. and do a search for "swfdec". If you have the "swf-dec" plugin installed for Mozilla- uninstall it. Then do a search for Adobe and either install or re-install their flash plugin. Adobe won't work until you get that non-functioning swf off your machine.

Running IE in WINE would probably work, but I've yet to experiment with it much myself so I have no advice. My general assumption about WINE is that it can be a total pain in the ass. I just keep xp and soon to be 7, on an old machine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need wine.
    I'm using ubuntu 9.04. I tried the league pass broadband last night and it worked fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the comment Balli and rold50. I have been trying it in FireFox 3.5 and it wasn't working. I tried it in Chrome and it worked. With FF, it was stopping at 90%, after I click the launch button. Before I bought it, I emailed NBA.com and asked them if it could work in linux and they told me no. So I just assumed it wouldn't. Thanks again for the help.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    can you sign up for league pass broadband only without buying the dish programming?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you sign up for league pass broadband only without buying the dish programming?
    Yeah it is through NBA.com.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I signed up for the free preview thru november 3rd and when i launch the player it pegs my laptops process at 100 percent. wtf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could it be the lack of RAM? I have 4*512 and that's supposedly too slow for watching a stream and having two webpages(in FF)

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I have 2 gigs any my laptop is only using 45 percent-54 percent

Thread Information