Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Dana said via Ultimate Insider if GSP beats Shields then he will fight Anderson either late this year or early next year. Question is how many times will Silva fight again before then and will it be for the MW le? I dont think Anderson can cut anymore

Never Forget David HighLowLobForBig-50's Avatar
    Post Count
    my question is how many people's heads will explode after spider beats up GSP

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    my question is how many people's heads will explode after spider beats up GSP
    If I had any money, I would bet it all on GSP. If you would like a sig bet, or something like that, I'd be more than happy to see you sporting a picture of two guys blowing eachother.

Post Count
    Nomatter who wins i think GSP/Silva would be the first real cross-over mega-fight in MMA history. We have had big ones before but i think this would be on the level of a Hagler/Sugar Ray, Ali/Frazier..

It is that big.. With a nice card around it, the fight should do 2 million buys.. So really nomatter who wins, the sport of MMA likely comes out the victor..

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count

Post Count
    cool story.. watch the video on the left..

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loca...ident-20110214

Never Forget David HighLowLobForBig-50's Avatar
    Post Count
    thanks for posting that

Post Count
    posted this in the 127 thread..

mma simpsons episode..

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_The_...017112&tid=104

Cain Velasquez is currently at my campus; I'm waiting in line to meet him hopefully before my shift starts

Was able to get an autograph and a picture, it was crowded as and basically was an assembly line.

Dana White just announced on a live chat who Shane Carwin's next opponent is:

Jon Olav Einemo. He's from Norway. He's 6 foot 6, and he's the Abu Dabi submission champion.

Post Count
    Dana White just announced on a live chat who Shane Carwin's next opponent is:

Jon Olav Einemo. He's from Norway. He's 6 foot 6, and he's the Abu Dabi submission champion.
    ^^ex pride guy. lost the only fight i ever saw him in vs werdum

UFC Welterweight Ricardo Almeida Announces His Retirement from MMA

During these almost four years it has been a personal struggle to find balance between my fighting career, caring for my son who was diagnosed with Autism soon after I signed a six-fight deal with the UFC, teaching at my growing Jiu-Jitsu academy and the family duties we all have.

MMA is a great sport but also physically and mentally unforgiving. It is a dangerous task to step in the Octagon, (e)specially if your focus is not at 100%.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...a01249778492a8

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Almeida put in some good performances and he was a solid fighter to watch, good luck to him!

Didn't see this happening....

Keith Jardine Signs to Fight Gegard Mousasi for Strikeforce

http://mmaweekly.com/keith-jardine-s...or-strikeforce

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Didn't see this happening....

Keith Jardine Signs to Fight Gegard Mousasi for Strikeforce

http://mmaweekly.com/keith-jardine-s...or-strikeforce
    I don't watch SF at all, but I have seen Gay Hard fight a few times -- I hope he ass rapes Jardine.

For anyone interested Bellator Lightweight Championship bout: Eddie Alvarez vs. Pat Curran up next on MTV2

Gina Carano Leaves Xtreme Couture For Team

As announced by Strikeforce during their Fedor vs. Silva live broadcast, the face of woman’s MMA, Gina “Conviction” Carano, is expected to make her return to action this summer.

The speculated date for her return is June 18th when the promotion heads to her home state of Texas for the second round of the Heavyweight Grand Prix.

Posting only one defeat, Carano, had been thought at one point to be an unstoppable force in the female division of Mixed Martial Arts. However, a loss to current champ, “Cyborg”, sent her packing to the movie sets where she has spent the better part of the last 2 years.

With her return on the horizon, the fan favorite Carano has left her training home in Las Vegas Nevada and moved to Team Jackson to enlist the help of Greg Jackson and his renowned team of trainers and fighters.

There is no current reason given as to why she has opted to change camps, but if we are to speculate, it could be to brush up on her ground skills in an effort to maybe reach le contention and take the Brazilian Cyborg out in an area where she not be so dominant.

We will keep you updated as more information becomes available on this sudden move of camps and Gina’s return to action.
    http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...ntent=FaceBook

From UFC twitter:
    Fact: average weight of Fight of the Night winners in the 9 fights since the WEC merger: 155.6. In the 9 fights before it: 182.4 jussayin (X)

Well Daley needed the help of the towel, but he made weight, and there was a intense staredown between the two, they had to be separated.

Fedor has informed his camp he wants to fight @danhendo http://es.pn/hydYoZ #fb @Strikeforce

Probably take people time to get use to this

what a sub by Aoki just now!!!

Gegard Mousasi vs. Keith Jardine up next, interesting to see how the reinvented Jardine looks

Great battle, Jardine had more takedowns but didn't do anything with them, Mousasi showed his excellent striking. The final 2 founds were dominated by Mousasi but Jardine almost pulled off a "Silva" with 10 sec left but couldn't get the sub attempt in tight enough.

Jardine was definitely tired from the short notice taking this fight

Going to a decision....Judges score it 29-27, 28-28, 28-28 majority draw. Mousasi probably should have won but he got a 1 pt taken away for an illegal up kick on the ground.

Strikeforce lightweight le bout up next, Gilbert Melendez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri.

Gilbert annihilated Kawa from the get go, ref stoppage in the 1st. When asked who he wants to face next , his answer "time to unify the belt, I'm the best LW in the world"

Diaz vs Daley up now

Probably one of the best rounds of the year. The finish came right before the bell: 4:57 of R1 Diaz wins by ref stoppage. Not sure if it was a good stoppage because it looked like Daley was defending with his legs, keeping Diaz away, but you could tell the left hand (which you barely saw, just Daley going to the ground) did rock Daley when he fell.

Diaz proved again he has a great chin.

Overall a good card
    Last edited by ace3g; 04-09-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Good card.

Melendez could definately give Edgar some problems, but I see him having a tougher time with Maynard match-up wise even though I think Edgar is the best out of the three.

I was so sure that the ref was going to call the fight off the 2nd time Diaz got rocked and fell, but he let it go and stopped it premature with 3 seconds left. Daley fell over from exhaustion but was able to defend himself intelligently with his feet and his eyes weren't wobbly. The Diaz Bros are a different breed of fighter, I'd like to see either of them against Kampmann or Condit.

Good card.

Melendez could definately give Edgar some problems, but I see him having a tougher time with Maynard match-up wise even though I think Edgar is the best out of the three.

I was so sure that the ref was going to call the fight off the 2nd time Diaz got rocked and fell, but he let it go and stopped it premature with 3 seconds left. Daley fell over from exhaustion but was able to defend himself intelligently with his feet and his eyes weren't wobbly. The Diaz Bros are a different breed of fighter, I'd like to see either of them against Kampmann or Condit.

Yeah when I saw Diaz fall, I was like "fights over" (because of how he fell). But you could tell the ref gave him time to recover.

Would have been nice for the fight to go to a 2nd round.

Thread Information