View Poll Results: Who do you side with?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pop was right

84 58.33%
  • Parker was right

60 41.67%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About time Pop gets on Parker's ass...alot of you liked to blame the early season poor play on guys like Bonner, Finley, RJ, Dice, etc but Parker is right up there as the biggest reason. He's regressed in my opinion, if he's shooting anything other than a lay-up it always seems like it has no shot of going in. Pathetic that after finally getting a semi-decent jump shot he lets it regress back to as bad as its ever been. Not to mention his defense and lackadaisical at ude at times where he just seems like he's going through the motions. I know theres basically no chance of it happening, but its honestly to the point where I'd prefer to see Hill start and see if we can get another all-star big man in exchange for Parker to compliment Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off-topic, just curious could you provide one of those for Parker throughout the season? I swear his shooting percentages outside of the paint has got to be in the 30s possibly even 20s.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Off-topic, just curious could you provide one of those for Parker throughout the season? I swear his shooting percentages outside of the paint has got to be in the 30s possibly even 20s.
    http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent value-add polandprzem. This is an example of raising the bar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    63/174 for 36%.

Last season, his non-paint FG was 40% (240/595).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent value-add polandprzem. This is an example of raising the bar.
    Well i don't know. There was a poster that pointed the % for stuckey I was waiting for someone to printscreen the hotspots...

I had the bar so low ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (besides the obvious and already stated fact that it's up to the coaches to tweak their defensive schemes)

Parker didn't read the scouting report:

1. Stuckey is a 43% shooter on the left corner 3.

2. The Pistons had played the Mavs the day before. They were down 3 with 10 seconds to go. The play they designed and called was a Stuckey 3 point shot from the corner. It was their go to play (and it wasn't a broken play, they wanted that shot). Stuckey is certainly good making that shot.
    Value-add

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with Pop on this one, only because I miss angry Pop and'd like him to stick around. Lackadaisical Pop had me worried during the first couple months of the season.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Coach is always right.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    and yeah, most posters on here are right. A mad pop means the spurs win. A laid back pop means the Spurs lose and don't care. A team or organization is a reflection of their leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

63/174 for 36%.
    I only counted the shots in the third area since I think the majority of the shots in the second area where tear-drops and can somewhat be considered lay-ups....I got 34% on those and 30% on threes. No surprises there since thats what its seemed like this entire season, absolutely pathetic that he let it regress so much after last years improvement. The thing is alot of these shots arent even close theyre complete bricks. No chance of it happening, but I'd trade him in a heartbeat for an all-star big man. Parker is the biggest reason for the Spurs struggles.

I'm with Pop on this one, only because I miss angry Pop and'd like him to stick around. Lackadaisical Pop had me worried during the first couple months of the season.
    Agreed, I miss the old Pop that would go ape- on bad calls and wasnt afraid to get a tech or get ejected to light a fire under the team's ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    umm If you check Stuckey's numbers for the last season form the corners he wa 0/7 from the left one and 0/1 from the right one.

He was 2/6 from the left heading to the spurs game right?

But the thing is that to me it does not matter. even if he is better this season from this corner and detroit wanted to kill the mavs knowing that Rodney is not good from 3 pointers. It's still a matter of perfection and keep up with defensive assigments that Pop provides. And i do agree with everybody that said it before.
    Also - Pop send a message to TP, who mostly responds very well to this kind of stuff. [also already mentioned]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pop went Serbian" - Tony Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Stuckey is a 43% shooter on the left corner 3.
    Just to add some counterbalance . . .

Before that shot, Stuckey was 2-for-6 from that spot, had missed his last four and hadn't connected from that spot since Nov. 15. To say he's a 43% shooter from that spot is a bit disingenuous.

Looking more in-depth, Stuckey was 2-for-15 in his career from that spot before the shot in question. So in actuality, Stuckey was a 13.3% shooter on the left corner 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I beat you for it timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Before that shot, Stuckey was 2-for-6 from that spot, had missed his last four and hadn't connected from that spot since Nov. 15. To say he's a 43% shooter from that spot is a bit disingenuous.

Looking more in-depth, Stuckey was 2-for-15 in his career from that spot before the shot in question. So in actuality, Stuckey was a 13.3% shooter on the left corner 3.
    Good leg-work, timvp & przem. Well there you go. Now who was right, again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good leg-work, timvp & przem. Well there you go. Now who was right, again?

Pop was right and tp knows it (the riping aspect) was not for that one play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pissed off, about to blow a blood vessel Pop is always the preferred one.
    Flashback: Almost as effective as pissed off Duncan when David got thrown out of the game in Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pop went Serbian" - Tony Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is right.

In general, Parker's has only recently -10 games- upgraded his defense to bad, from terrible it was in the first 20 games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at the game and had seats right behind the Spurs bench. I think Pop was mad at Tony for taking stupid shots along with the defensive lapse on Stuckey. Things got heated because Pop tried to correct him (right before he went up to shoot his free throws) and Tony snapped at him. Right after Pop told George to go in on the next stoppage. As Tony walked past Pop, Pop yelled something along the lines of "What the f*&%... you think you're a hall of famer now??? Get your ass on the bench." After that their was serious tension going into halftime.

From what I could tell Tony has a major at ude problem from his jestures and actions before and during the game. He was acting like he was the best player on earth and didn't have to listen to his coach. Maybe this is why George Hill is Pop's favorite player now. (George was very humble all game and before with the fans).

After seeing the tension I'd be suprised if Tony resigns with the Spurs given that the Spurs don't trade him before. I was a huge Parker fan before but he seems way to Hollywood now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach is always right.
    Yup. With in-game situations, defer to your coach and talk to him later about it if you need to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Tony walked past Pop, Pop yelled something along the lines of "What the f*&%... you think you're a hall of famer now??? Get your ass on the bench." After that their was serious tension going into halftime.
    jeez, I wonder if Tony's even going to stay here for his next contract, he's sort of a semi-celebrity now, probably doesn't like getting yelled at in front of everybody.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Well, I don't think it's relevant how was Stuckey shooting in his 1st season in the league. He's improved quite a bit since then.

The 2nd point I added is the more relevant, I think. Try to watch the last 15 seconds of the Detroit@Dallas game and see the play the Pistons run for Stuckey. If I am a coach and I'm seeing that, I'm sure I won't be giving away the uncontested shot to that same player from that exact spot.

Thread Information