View Poll Results: Who do you side with?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pop was right

84 58.33%
  • Parker was right

60 41.67%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pops leading the votes....

now where the haters at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tony was right as far as game strategy is concerned, but I think he was wrong in the way he handled Pop's criticism and correction. It's easy to sit back and say that, though...but when emotions get involved it's very difficult to respond to unwarranted castigation in a calm and respectful manner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at the game and had seats right behind the Spurs bench. I think Pop was mad at Tony for taking stupid shots along with the defensive lapse on Stuckey. Things got heated because Pop tried to correct him (right before he went up to shoot his free throws) and Tony snapped at him. Right after Pop told George to go in on the next stoppage. As Tony walked past Pop, Pop yelled something along the lines of "What the f*&%... you think you're a hall of famer now??? Get your ass on the bench." After that their was serious tension going into halftime.

From what I could tell Tony has a major at ude problem from his jestures and actions before and during the game. He was acting like he was the best player on earth and didn't have to listen to his coach. Maybe this is why George Hill is Pop's favorite player now. (George was very humble all game and before with the fans).

After seeing the tension I'd be suprised if Tony resigns with the Spurs given that the Spurs don't trade him before. I was a huge Parker fan before but he seems way to Hollywood now.
    Don't be too harsh on TP I think he is quite unhappy and frustrated with his recent plays, he knows he has been far below expection. Even if he won't admit it I thinks he had great hope to make the ASG so I suppose he is quite tensed and see his coach yelling at him like he was 20 years old didn't help.

Bottom line I'm seeing that like good signs Pop is good when angry and TP has an historic to respond well at this kind of treatment. Most important is the team, the game against Dallas is for me one of the most important of the season the team is reasonably healthy the big 3/4 is playing at expected level at this stage of the season and Dallas is a serious opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading this, I have to go with Pop on this one. I dont think it was just that one play, but a culmination of a few mishaps on Tonys part this season.

Thread Information