Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1628
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    A: 42.1 MPG, 1.56 SPG, 0.56 BPG, 2.28 TO
    B: 42.3 MPG, 1.83 SPG, 1.00 BPG, 3.58 TO

I myself don't know how to calculate PER.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A: 42.1 MPG, 1.56 SPG, 0.56 BPG, 2.28 TO
    B: 42.3 MPG, 1.83 SPG, 1.00 BPG, 3.58 TO

I myself don't know how to calculate PER.
    That's ok. I think I have a rough idea of things here now. So the difference in minutes is negligible. Statistically speaking, player B looks to be better defensively than player A. Problem here is while player B dishes out more assists, he also is significantly turning the ball over more. I still go with player B here, but only by a slight margin. Ask me on another day, I might pick player A.
    Last edited by Chieflion; 06-20-2010 at 05:23 AM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    That's ok. I think I have a rough idea of things here now. So the difference in minutes is negligible. Statistically speaking, player B looks to be better defensively than player A. Problem here is while player B dishes out more assists, he also is significantly turning the ball over more. I still go with player B here, but only by a slight margin. Ask me on another day, I might pick player A.

Are these real players or what? I am only asking because I can't find those numbers on basketball reference. It seems really off, and you said you can't calculate PER, so it must be fake players.
    Player A: Michael Jordan's combined NBA Finals statistics in the second three peat (1996, 1997, 1998 NBA Finals)

Player B: Kobe Bryant's combined NBA Finals statistics in the last two seasons (2009, 2010 NBA Finals)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Player A: Michael Jordan's combined NBA Finals statistics in the second three peat (1996, 1997, 1998 NBA Finals)

Player B: Kobe Bryant's combined NBA Finals statistics in the last two seasons (2009, 2010 NBA Finals)
    Okay, thanks. I am still 50-50 on this though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe doesn't have a son, he has 2 daughters. Scary to think if he had a son, what kind of a ball player he could turn out to be. However, maybe not. Most NBA offspring don't overshadow their dad's as Kobe has....Still, Kobe is a great player, but I don't see why fans are so obsessed with him. Love him or hate him, I think the feuders fuel each other.
    Well said ...

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Kobe's not better than MJ yet. And when his credentials improve in the next few years (if he wins a le, scoring champ, MVP, etc.) I still think it would be hard to compare b/c they played in 2 different eras.

If you take a look at statistics, MJ is better in almost every category for his career. He still has one more ring, and he brought up a franchise that has nothing in its history except for the Jordan era.

Huge Kobe fan, but I won't say he's better than MJ yet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes it's pretty obvious that he's not at Jordan level yet. Jordan changed the game, especially for shooting guards. Kobe's so far doing a good job of replicating the game-changer.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yes it's pretty obvious that he's not at Jordan level yet. Jordan changed the game, especially for shooting guards. Kobe's so far doing a good job of replicating the game-changer.
    Honestly who cares? Dude has won the past 2 championships and has grown as a leader. I don't really care if he isn't better than Jordan, he's the best the league has had in a long time and is still the best right now (yeah f u LeBron).

If you guys even think LeBron gets media attention...imagine what it will be like if he wins a championship.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    since Lebron is the new heel of the NBA will Kobe turn face and stop the NWO?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6-24.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Now that IS funny!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take player B because his TS% should be more impressive than player A, even if it is by a slight margin, meaning he is more efficient while scoring only 0.8 PPG lesser, all while having more influence on the boards and assisting his teammates for shots. If you could list the turnovers per game as well, that would be very helpful as we can look at the assist to turnover ratio, as well as to list the minutes played per game and the PER, steals and blocks because the stats here are not complete and from a statistical point of view do not tell the whole story. If by someway, because offensively, player B in this instance is better than player A slightly, player A has a massive advantage in defense over player B, my pick would be player A.
    Not necessarily true, that depends on FT attempts.

And how can you say that a player has a massive advantage in defense over the other by just looking at stats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily true, that depends on FT attempts.

And how can you say that a player has a massive advantage in defense over the other by just looking at stats?
    I could only have commented through the stats given. Besides, I believe that both players got roughly about the same FT attempts, slightly more for MJ. And the stats also showed Kobe had more rebounds and assists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6-24..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CHAMPIONSHIP DVD TIME FELLAS!

Watch them while they're hot. Youtube might take it down one day and it will be too late for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they hide Kobe's FG% in game 7 like they did on ABC? ..

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

Why leave out Kobe's performance in the 2008 NBA Finals?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know the context of their argument, but Jamstone is usually a massive homer towards Kobe, so don't be surprised..

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like JamStone's comparison... but it really isnt doing Kobe any favours. Basically its saying Prime Kobe = Twilight Jordan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, I don't think it's a stretch, as I've said before..prime Kobe is definitely comparable to past his prime Jordan IMO..

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Why leave out Kobe's performance in the 2008 NBA Finals?
    I don't know the context of their argument, but Jamstone is usually a massive homer towards Kobe, so don't be surprised..
    I left out 2008 because the Lakers lost that NBA Finals, and I think Kobe had become a better player since those 2008 NBA Finals, as far as playing to win instead of playing for him to shine and to win. He became a little more trusting of teammates, developed more chemistry with Pau, and at least realize in some part that he had to do more than just score to help his team.

But I have no problem calculating those Finals stats into the comparison.

Jordan's 1996-98 Finals stats:
    42.1 mpg, 31.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.56 spg, 0.56 bpg, 2.28 TO
    43.4% FG, 31.6% 3PT, 80.7% FT

Kobe's 2008-10 Finals stats:
    42.7 mpg, 28.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.2 apg, 2.1 spg, 0.72 bpg, 3.67 TO
    41.3% FG, 33.0% 3PT, 84.3% FT

My point remains the same that there's isn't a huge difference either way on who was better in those NBA Finals championship runs (even when you add the 2008 NBA Finals). Kobe's scoring and FG% dips a little more, but otherwise, the comparison still is interesting.

I like JamStone's comparison... but it really isnt doing Kobe any favours. Basically its saying Prime Kobe = Twilight Jordan.
    Jordan's "twilight" from 1996-98 included three NBA championships, 3 NBA Finals MVPs, 2 NBA League MVPs, and the other year, Jordan finished 2nd in MVP voting. And Jordan shot 48% from the field in the regular season of those three years. 43.4% FG in those three NBA Finals. Remember how people love to talk about how the great players pick their level of play in the playoffs and even more so in the NBA Finals, on the biggest stage? Well?

And I can't avoid the notion of some people who love to talk about how Kobe's current decline is directly related to the NBA miles on his body instead of his age. Some people claim Kobe is more like 35 years old because he started playing in the NBA when he was 17-18 years old. Well you can't have it both ways.

Michael Jordan from 1995-96 to 1997-98 = his 11th, 12th, and 13th NBA seasons
    Kobe Bryant from 2007-08 to 2009-10 = his 12th, 13th, and 14th NBA seasons

Can't have it both ways.

he's a Jordan hater, tbh.
    Admitted Jordan hater.

I don't spit out hate at Jordan and then say I'm "unbiased" and completely "balanced" how a certain Kobe hater likes to suggest he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi.

Thread Information