Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As I've said before, they already have the reputation of being the meanest dogs and a symbol of toughness thus creating a temptation for idiots to own one and not training them properly.
    The only way you can discourage irresponsible ownership is to ban this breed so people cant get them. (yes, there is still the underground dog fighting ring but that's a different story)

I just hate seeing another family suffer because their only child was killed by a pitbull who got out of house. Why risk these kind of stuff?
    The problem is that those people will only move onto another large breed. I seriously doubt that these irresponsible idiots will stop creating ticking time bombs (a mistreated large dog) just because the gov took away ONE type of breed.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This is exactly how my dog is. I have had him since he was 4 weeks and now he is 10 yrs old. He will likely lick you to death then bite or tear you to shreds. He will chase and probably kill cats/rabbits but as far as being aggressive toward people it just hasn't happened. I didn't raise him to be that "type" of pit. I agree though that I personally don't feel comfortable with leaving him alone with a child because he weighs 85lbs and is very playful. He just doesn't know his own strength and kids tend to freak out scream and cry and that could just freak him out as well. So its better to be safe then sorry. At the end of the day all of these dogs that are mentioned are still animals with unpredictable behavior IMHO.
    Mine is very playful too...and he is around 70lbs. He is actually an oversize lap dog. He thinks he is the same size as the cat.

But as others have stated, no one with any sort of common sense would leave a young child alone with a dog, especially a large dog that could knock them over. People who leave kids under the age of 8 or so unattended with large dogs need to have their animals taken from them.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The problem is that those people will only move onto another large breed. I seriously doubt that these irresponsible idiots will stop creating ticking time bombs (a mistreated large dog) just because the gov took away ONE type of breed.
    Indeed. If we follow that type of logic we me might as well go ahead and ban all large dogs.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Dude that was just an example..............this person actually has TWO pitbulls, raised them both from puppies. One is pretty sweet, the other is just friggen psycho. He said he was getting rid of that one because it is very, very aggressive and is getting worse. Both dogs were raised by him and his family............never abused or pushed to fight or be aggressive. But one of them is.
    This could be traced back the the aggressive dog's breeding.

It's not natural, but can become inbred nature through breeding of aggressive parents. In a very short period of time, you can have two or three dog generations of very nurtured aggression manifest itself in pups. There as aspects of nature that can be manipulated...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mine is very playful too...and he is around 70lbs. He is actually an oversize lap dog. He thinks he is the same size as the cat.

But as others have stated, no one with any sort of common sense would leave a young child alone with a dog, especially a large dog that could knock them over. People who leave kids under the age of 8 or so unattended with large dogs need to have their animals taken from them.

I know what you mean, my dog tries to climb into bed when I fall alseep thinking I can't feel his heavy ass moving around and hogging the pillow. As soon as he sees me wake up he gets right off.

We had a BBQ at my house a while back and had to tie him up so that he wouldn't get into everyone's biz and my buddy brought his little 6yr old who loves dogs. Well she kept getting closer to him trying to pet him and he was getting excited because he was ready to play. next thing we know she got to close and he knocked her over and stood there licking her face. Obviously, she was freaking out and crying but all he wanted to do was play with her. It was a scary moment for us because it happened so fast and we didn't know what to expect. She was fine just a little scurred but that's why I don't let my 9yr old niece hang out with him by herself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    my doberman puppy is the best, right now he is hurting cuz he just had his ears crop,

Doberman>>>Pitbulls

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This could be traced back the the aggressive dog's breeding.

It's not natural, but can become inbred nature through breeding of aggressive parents. In a very short period of time, you can have two or three dog generations of very nurtured aggression manifest itself in pups. There as aspects of nature that can be manipulated...
    dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
    Yeah... I don't know anything. My sister's husband only breeds the dog. Much of the information you claim is dumb is verbatim from him.

I'll take his word over yours.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah... I don't know anything. My sister's husband only breeds the dog. Much of the information you claim is dumb is verbatim from him.

I'll take his word over yours.
    well i have yet to be bitten by any dog other than those dumb in' small chi suckers and whatnot.

i love me some pits!

btw, maybe he's the dumb one too but you've gotten be a bit dumb as well to be reciting the dumb.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i love me some pits!
    I do too. Let it roast for about 8 hours with a good rub and some lime juice. mmmmmmmmmmm This thread is making me hungry.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    well i have yet to be bitten by any dog other than those dumb in' small chi suckers and whatnot.

i love me some pits!

btw, maybe he's the dumb one too but you've gotten be a bit dumb as well to be reciting the dumb.
    All he's saying is you have to be careful who the parents of the pup are. If you have nurtured aggressive Pits as parents, that nurture can be bred into the pups.

You are a little too hyped on the topic. You're going only off of personal experience. Well, you may have never been bit by pits (neither have I, despite being around three growing up, and around several for small periods of time via my brother in law's business), to deny that some can develop aggressive characteristics is dumb. Pit Bulls were bred to adapt to their handler. They mirror the traits. Those traits don't just become habits, but become bred-in nature.

Simply put, you can take a calm pup, nurture aggression into him, it become the dogs nature, then breed that dog, and that aggressive nature can manifest itself in the pups. Take that slightly more aggressive dog, nurture further levels of aggression into it, then breed that dog, and that aggressive nature will manifest itself at a higher level in that next breed of pups.

In as little time as three/four years, you can take a completely loving breed and nurture an aggressive mentality into it and create a dog that can be prone to violence.

This is why my brother in law is so careful. He owns two pure-bred female Pits, and works with only three or four handlers that he trusts don't abuse the males that he breeds with his females. No inbreeding, no nurtured aggression...

Considering he makes thousands of dollars a year on the side, I'll take his word over yours.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    In general, people who own pit bulls never made the high school basketball, baseball or football team…They never excelled in academics…They were the people who spent their youth getting drunk, throwing up in public and driving their loud cars through the parking lot while school was in session….

Now these people with low self esteem have to have the bad-est dog in the neighborhood to prove their self worth…It is a fact that business professionals & blue collar workers in high paying jobs do not own pit bulls…They own Poodles, Labradors, Pointers, Retrievers etc etc….

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In general, people who own pit bulls never made the high school basketball, baseball or football team…They never excelled in academics…They were the people who spent their youth getting drunk, throwing up in public and driving their loud cars through the parking lot while school was in session….

Now these people with low self esteem have to have the bad-est dog in the neighborhood to prove their self worth…It is a fact that business professionals & blue collar workers in high paying jobs do not own pit bulls…They own Poodles, Labradors, Pointers, Retrievers etc etc….
    if this is really your serious input then you gotta be the dumbest mother er to walk this planet.

did you see the list of people mentioned earlier in this thread who own pits? you're one dumb mother er.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats

Yeah, I don't own a Pit right now, but will eventually (likely from my brother in law).

Pretty much everything you said a Pit owner never did or did do, is the exact opposite of myself, both growing up and currently.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Great post. Rachael Ray, Jessica Biel, Jon Stewart, Bonnie Hunt, Mel Brooks, Shannon Elizabeth and Brad Pitt all seem to fit well within your stereotype.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    if this is really your serious input then you gotta be the dumbest mother er to walk this planet.

did you see the list of people mentioned earlier in this thread who own pits? you're one dumb mother er.
    Why cant you participate in a discussion without insulting anyone? Are you really that insecure that you have to call people dumb mother ing idiots? Calm down pepe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    one less fat person

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

WTF??? Blue collars do not own poodles!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Today at a HEB store a lady had her big dog in the car, said it look like a lab mix and when the lady open the door to load the car the dog got out and attack another customer. Small lady, it bit her arms as she was trying to shield her face. The lady was shaking like crazy they got a wheel chair to take her in cause she was so scared to move.

Was this on the news? NO, 2 reasons why

1. it was not a pitbull

2. (i believe) the lady was Chris Marrou Wife as he showed up after it happen.

If this was a pitbull it would have made national headlines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Today at a HEB store a lady had her big dog in the car, said it look like a lab mix
    Mixed with a pitbull maybe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mixed with a pitbull maybe.
    Naa, because if it was, the news would have just said "yet another pitbull mauling" because it makes better news.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My dog is so cute and he never bites

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I say let all the pits run wild and if you aren't able to defend yourself you aren't supposed to live.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why cant you participate in a discussion without insulting anyone? Are you really that insecure that you have to call people dumb mother ing idiots? Calm down pepe.
    Did you not see what he was replying to? Pretty dumb mother er if you ask me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yes... i am really that insecure. dip !

Thread Information