Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We've all seen this...

Young guy walking down the street in a t-shirt showing off his tattoos trying to look badass with his pants hanging halfway down his ass walking a pit bull. Try that with a poodle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Giffords kill baby seal...

LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (AP) — The daughter of former astronaut Mark Kelly was walking her pit bull Shiner on Goff Island Beach when the visious canine bolted, ripping the leash from her hand and fatally attacking a beached baby seal.

Kelly is married to former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

http://news.yahoo.com/giffords-husba...025912905.html
    Sidebar: If you get the opportunity to hear Mark Kelly speak, do it. Great stories of him being a pilot.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The owner of four pit bulls that killed a woman jogger in a gruesome mauling was charged with murder Thursday …
    Alex Jackson, 29, was charged after DNA tests on his dogs found blood on their muzzles and coats that matched that of Pamela Devitt, 63, who died after being bitten 150 to 200 times by his four pit bulls…

But But But Its how you raise them...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...2#.UajbcNjMofI

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The owner of four pit bulls that killed a woman jogger in a gruesome mauling was charged with murder Thursday …
    Sounds fair enough.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Alex Jackson, 29, was charged after DNA tests on his dogs found blood on their muzzles and coats that matched that of Pamela Devitt, 63, who died after being bitten 150 to 200 times by his four pit bulls…

But But But Its how you raise them...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...2#.UajbcNjMofI
    Why did the husband say this then?

Her husband told KCAL-TV he blamed the dogs' owner for what happened.

"I do not blame the dogs. I don't blame pit bulls," Ben Devitt said. "I blame people who don't take responsibility for their animals."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Today's mauling:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...k-of-dogs?lite

Georgia toddler mauled to death by family's pack of dogs
    By Elizabeth Chuck, Staff Writer, NBC News

A toddler was mauled to death after her family didn't notice she had gotten out of the house, and seven of their nine dogs attacked her in the backyard, Georgia authorities said.
    Monica Renee Laminack, just 21 months old, crawled through the doggie door of her family's Ellabell, Ga., home on Wednesday evening and managed to slip out into the backyard, Debra Odom, Bryan County sheriff's office administrative secretary, said.
    That's when the family's pet dogs — all pit bulls or pit bull mixes, according to Odom — seized on her.
    "They started attacking the child, mauled her, drug her all over the yard, took her clothes off, scattered her clothes," Bryan County Sheriff Clyde Smith said in a news conference Thursday.

Emergency personnel arrived on the scene to find the girl covered in bite marks and were unable to revive her, reported WTOC.com in Georgia.
    “When we got here and spoke to EMS, they told us that when they got here, she was already cold. There was nothing they could do,” Bryan County Deputy Sheriff James Beatty told The Savannah Morning News.
    Five people were home at around 6 p.m. when the mauling happened, according to WTOC.com, including Monica's 12-year-old brother, who was assigned to watch her, and their grandmother.
    The grandmother, who was not identified, reportedly woke up to hear the dogs barking; she looked out her window and yelled "They are killing Monica!", reported WTOC.com.
    Bryan County Animal Control euthanized all seven of the dogs involved. An Irish settler and beagle that the family owned were spared, Odum said, adding authorities had never been responded to calls at the home before this.
    An autopsy was being conducted on Thursday. No charges have been filed yet.
    "It's still under investigation right now," Odum said.
    It's unclear why the dogs became aggressive with the toddler, who would have turned 2 years old in June.
    “She habitually played with dogs, all of them. But they drug her all over the yard. Something turned them on her. We don’t know what,” Smith said, reported The Savannah Morning News.
    9 god damn dogs?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Miami Hurricanes
    My neighbor just demanded that I keep my dog on a leash when I let her outside today lol. My property is fenced, the gate stays closed, and when she is outside I am outside. Yet this ass hat decides to demand that I keep her on a leash and told me that he would shoot her if she ever got out. He kept on telling me about all these pits that maul people and . Its not like my dog is intimidating or anything, she is just a 120 pound baby, it shouldnt matter that she is a pit mix.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i think i posted a pic of me and my rednose in this thread. pits are what you make em. she was the sweetest dog on the block at the time.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Police: Girl was watching TV when dog attacked

[[IMG]http://media.wwltv.com/images/470*264/mia_derouen.jpg[/IMG]
    Posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    Updated today at 11:06 AM

Four-year-old Mia DeRouen was watching television with her mother Tuesday in their Houma apartment when the family pit bull attacked, police said.

The dog, which was later gunned down by police, was a 2-year-old pit bull named Niko who hadn't previously shown signs of aggression, police said. There is no evidence the dog had been abused or trained to fight.
    DeRouen and her mother, Megan Touchet, 27, were each mauled by the 130-pound dog, sustaining injuries to their upper torsos, necks and faces. Touchet was attacked while trying to rescue the girl, police said.
    DeRouen died at Terrebonne General Medical Center. She would have turned 5 on April 3. Touchet was treated and released.
    Sudden attacks are a hallmark of pit bulls, said Colleen Lynn, founder and president of DogsBite.org, a nonprofit group that raises awareness about dangerous dogs, focusing particularly on pit bulls.
    "Unlike other dog breeds, pit bulls will attack without warning signals. It will always look like the attack is sudden. One minute it's on your lap, the next minute it's attacking you. It's unusual for most dog breeds to attack their owners, but pit bulls have a history of that in spades," she said.
    Niko was likely an American Bully, a breed specifically designed for its weight and aggression, Lynn said.
    "When these dogs bite, it's a hold-and-shake bite style. When they start an attack, it's virtually impossible to get them to stop," she said.
    It took 12 shots to kill the dog, which remained aggressive after officers arrived, Houma Police Chief Todd Duplantis said.
    "This was a very large dog. A monster," Duplantis said in a Wednesday afternoon news conference held at police headquarters. At 130 pounds, the dog was about four times larger than DeRouen.
    A second pit bull in the apartment, a 6-month-old female, did not attack, police said. That dog was taken to the Terrebonne Animal Shelter, where it remained this morning.
    It's not clear yet if criminal charges will result, the chief said, but detectives have consulted with prosecutors.
    DeRouen lived with her mother at Houma Highlands, 461 S. Hollywood Road. Her father, Christifer J. DeRouen, lives in New Iberia.
    Visitation for Mia DeRouen is 4-9 p.m. Friday and 7 a.m. to funeral time Saturday at Pellerin Funeral Home in New Iberia. The funeral is at 10 a.m. Saturday at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church in Coteau.
    Officers on the scene, who described it as "horrific," were offered counseling, Duplantis said.
    An online effort to raise money for the girl's funeral had collected nearly $29,000 in less than 24 hours. Donations can be made at www.gofundme.com/7tmy5k.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Tragic story but @ a 130 lb American Pit Bull Terrier. I'm guessing Presa Canario or Cane Corso.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This wll keep happening until they ban the breed.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tragic story but @ a 130 lb American Pit Bull Terrier. I'm guessing Presa Canario or Cane Corso.
    Yep anything over around 70lbs is a mix or different breed entirely.

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    qft tbh

Name
    Two10Whitey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A Pitbull got hit by a bottle here in San Antonio.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    brilliant

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Maybe I can get that wolverine I've always wanted...since, you know, the pit bull terrier is merkin' peeps.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, another pit bull gets loose and attacks children

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yup, still happening.
    And putting the owners up on murder charges is a step in the right direction IMHO.
    But until they ban the breed too, it will keep happening.
    No dog breed has this much bad history surrounding it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Cesar Milan just had a great special on the American Pit Bull Terrier. Well worth the watch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/4-year-old-mauled-death-pit-bulls-florida-officials-article-1.1874267

4-year-old boy mauled to death by pit bulls in Florida: officials

The tyke was visiting the Riverview home of his aunt and uncle when he was left alone. The adults heard screaming and then found the boy in the front yard with the dogs standing over him, police said.

the associated press
    Monday, July 21, 2014, 2:45 AM

• A
    • A
    • A

Share this URL

Facebook Four-year-old Logan Shepard died after being mauled by two pit bulls while visiting his uncle in the Tampa Bay area, police said.
    RIVERVIEW, Fla. — A 4-year-old boy in the Tampa Bay area has died after being mauled by his uncle’s two pit bulls, authorities said Sunday.
    Logan Shepard was visiting the Riverview home of his aunt and uncle with his mother Saturday night. Billy Frederick Sr., Logan’s uncle, put the dogs in crates just before the boy arrived, said the Hillsborough County sheriff’s office.
    Logan was left alone, eating ice cream, while his mother, a teen cousin and the other adults were talking in another room. The adults heard screaming and discovered the boy was not in the house, police said. Logan was found in the front yard with the dogs standing over him.
    The dogs were taken by the county’s Animal Services

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz38FeNPVCT

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1874961

Infant mauled to death by grandmother’s pit bull: police

The dog, blamed for the death of a 7-month-old boy, was described by family members outside the Dayton, Ohio, home as usually quite pleasant, but one woman claims the same dog attacked her beagle in June.

BY Nina Golgowski
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, July 21, 2014, 5:11 PM

• A
    • A
    • A

Share this URL

WKEF A pit bull is seen removed from a Dayton, Ohio, home after a 7-month-old boy was mauled to death by the dog, according to police.
    An Ohio woman was babysitting her 7-month-old grandson when she says her pit bull lunged and killed the infant seconds after she took her eyes off the child.
    The horrified grandmother scooped up the lifeless baby boy and hysterically ran next door, begging for someone to call 911 moments after the Sunday afternoon attack, according to a responding neighbor's frantic 911 call.
    "She just knocked on my door, banging on my door. She had a baby in her hand and the baby's not breathing. I need you to get here now," the unidentified male caller urged a Dayton 911 dispatch officer, WDTN reported.
    The dog, seen taken away by animal control officers, was described by grief-stricken family members at the scene as usually quite pleasant.
    WDTN The dog's owner told police that she was babysitting the child when the dog suddenly attacked. Multiple family members were seen reacting to the child's death outside the home on Sunday.
    But one woman claims that this wasn't the first time the dog has attacked.
    Fellow dog owner Isabelle Crickmore told ABC22 that the same dog bit her beagle while they were taking a walk on June 3.
    "She had three lacerations, 11 staples," Crickmore said while providing photos showing her dog's resulting scars.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/20...k-22Jul14.html

Pit bull attacks three family members
    TOWN OF WALLKILL – A family pit bull that was sitting on a bed in a family’s residence at 124 Bellvernon Avenue in the Town of Wallkill, attacked three members including an eight-year-old girl late Sunday afternoon.
    Family members told Wallkill Police they were sitting on the bed petting the animal when the three-year-old dog bit Janese Jones, 8, in the face. When Rosalind King, 57, and Darren Gardner, 55, who were both there, tried to stop the attack, the dog turned on them as well.
    Janese and Rosalind were able to be removed from the house through a window, but Gardner was trapped inside.
    Officers used a Taser, a ballistic shield and a catch pole to restrain the dog so that Gardner could be removed from the home.
    The dog died a short time later. Its remains will be tested for diseases.
    Janese was treated at Orange Regional Medical Center for a bite to her face. King was treated for bites to her hands and arms. Gardner was treated for bites to his arms and torso.

Thread Information