San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans and Dejounte were assigned to Austin tonight vs SLC

http://austin.dleague.nba.com/news/s...-austin-spurs/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TO killed the Toros again.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 12-03-2016 at 10:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte pretty much toyed with that team. He made getting 30 look like nothing. Whenever he wants to get to the rim he can. He pretty much tries to facilitate for the team for the most part and then gets unleashed in the fourth. He's the most talented player on the floor at all times in the d league. If y'all have seen Matrix Revolution, he's basically in the train station, somewhere in between the matrix and reality or in our case the d league and the NBA. But he's worth it to watch in Austin. He could easily beat the scoring record there if he wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle was awesome in DL, so it doesn't mean a whole lot. Those defenders looked like trash. Hopefully he can find ways to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of breaking the scoring record. Kawhitstorm son GP2 had 52 last night. He'll be getting a call up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle was awesome in DL, so it doesn't mean a whole lot. Those defenders looked like trash. Hopefully he can find ways to improve.
    Kyle doesn't have the first step Murray has. Dejountes first step is elite tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtually all Murray's points came at the basket. He needs to show a mid range game because he isn't going to have that kind of success when he plays the big boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle doesn't have the first step Murray has. Dejountes first step is elite tbh.
    The point is that a barely NBA caliber player can go down and look like All NBA in the d-league, first step or not. People should not get excited over any end of bench player sent down who drops 25-30.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that a barely NBA caliber player can go down and look like All NBA in the d-league, first step or not. People should not get excited over any end of bench player sent down who drops 25-30.
    Yes shame on you guys for getting excited about our 19 year old rookie. PESSIMIST PRIDE!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, Garino seems like the guy with the most tools to help on a variety of ways and NBA team.
    Murray still looks explosive but disoriented at times and atrocious on defense.
    Forbes is what he is, a player that can shoot and nothing more. If he develops into a stopper that can guard PG´s then he might have a place in the NBA, not likley with his size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not start Murray on nights we're resting Parker? I mean we can give Nico some of those starts too, but I'd like to at least see how Murray plays with the starters when he has real minutes. It's valuable experience and if he can get to the rim I don't think he would be overwhelmed at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't wanna be the buzz killer, but this video shows nothing that would actually help him in the Spurs system. We already know that he has an explosive 1st step and has no problem to beat his man off the dribble and finish at the rim, especially against lesser players in the D-League.

Not a single play showing some shooting improvement, not a single play with Murray setting a basic pick&roll or a pick&pop.

Pop won't allow him to play like that with the Spurs and it won't be that easy against real NBA players. You see Murray playing like that in the D-league than he plays garbage minutes in the NBA totally shy, passive and does not have a clue on how to set up a teammate. No wonder the scrub lineup almost blew a 20-point lead in less than 2 minutes.

It makes you question what kind of development they have in mind for Murray or if the D-league only purpose is to give the young players rhythm and some confidence. It's clearly not working so far with Murray and Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't wanna be the buzz killer, but this video shows nothing that would actually help him in the Spurs system. We already know that he has an explosive 1st step and has no problem to beat his man off the dribble and finish at the rim, especially against lesser players in the D-League.

Not a single play showing some shooting improvement, not a single play with Murray setting a basic pick&roll or a pick&pop.

Pop won't allow him to play like that with the Spurs and it won't be that easy against real NBA players. You see Murray playing like that in the D-league than he plays garbage minutes in the NBA totally shy, passive and does not have a clue on how to set up a teammate. No wonder the scrub lineup almost blew a 20-point lead in less than 2 minutes.

It makes you question what kind of development they have in mind for Murray or if the D-league only purpose is to give the young players rhythm and some confidence. It's clearly not working so far with Murray and Anderson.
    Did you watch the game? He spent more time creating for others. These are just highlights of him picking his spots and taking over in the fourth when Austin went cold.

And yes not getting excited but every now and then you have your Greens and Whitesides, even cojos. But you guys are all down on your Andersons and to some extent Simmons you forget to take them where they are. Murray is 19 and toying with this compe ion. I'm not saying he's ready now but I'm acknowledging that his prospects are much higher than Slowmo, Juice, or Cory. Good grief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFC. Give it some time. Anderson, sure, it's been three years and all, but Murray is in his first year. Geez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think it's pretty much just to keep them in game shape and condition when they send them down on one of the short one game assignments. If he gets sent down later when the rotation solidifies, they will probably work more with Spurs situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes hit 7 threes for 29 points last game. Dijon notched a double double with rebounds and points. I wanted to share the tweet but I am on my cell phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm. This Austin team not as good as the past couple of seasons. They have been losing games a lot. It's still early of course. Garino has flamed out too. Had a 0 scoring game in 20 minutes a couple of games back. I just haven't caught their games. LJC even comes off the bench for them it seems like. Arci can't score and Dijon is very inefficient. Not even Forbes shooting heroics are saving them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm. This Austin team not as good as the past couple of seasons. They have been losing games a lot. It's still early of course. Garino has flamed out too. Had a 0 scoring game in 20 minutes a couple of games back. I just haven't caught their games. LJC even comes off the bench for them it seems like. Arci can't score and Dijon is very inefficient. Not even Forbes shooting heroics are saving them.

I have to say I'm not exactly thrilled by having Jamal Crawford for idol/mentor combo to Dijounte Murray..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes headed back to Austin:

JeffGSpursZone Verified account ‏@JeffGSpursZone

Report: Per #Spurs the team has 're-assigned guard Bryn Forbes to the D-League Austin Spurs. #gospursgo

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is obviously the best player on that team, tbh..

Btw Patricio Garbino is putting up below-pedestrian numbers (for all his fanboys) He's averaging 11/3/1 on 42.9fg% and on 30 minutes a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree... on both accounts... Forbes is definitely their best player and Garino has been very underwhelming.

The question with Forbes is if he ever is going to get a few minutes of play that are not garbage time in the NBA. He is so obviously too small to be a wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Garino, seems like 11/3/1 is reasonable - even in the D-League, where I am sure he is deferring to the scorers. After all, the guy was touted mostly for his defense and as a "glue" guy. Offensive output is pretty much gravy. 42.9% fg could stand some improvement. I still have hope for the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Garino, seems like 11/3/1 is reasonable - even in the D-League, where I am sure he is deferring to the scorers. After all, the guy was touted mostly for his defense and as a "glue" guy. Offensive output is pretty much gravy. 42.9% fg could stand some improvement. I still have hope for the guy.
    To put things in perspective, Danny Green averaged 21/1/3/2/1 as a d-leaguer. And his first year there, he averaged 26/6/3/4/1. Garino doesn't have to be as good as Danny was to be worth a roster spot, but he can't put up mediocre numbers like that and get too much attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't defer in the dleague, not that you need to play selfish, but you really can't be passive and not play your game aggressively. If shooting is your thing, you have to shoot it every time you get a good shot, if it is rebounding, you need to crash for every board, if it is playmaking you have to rack up the assists, etc. Whatever his game is he needs to be aggressive with it. If he's aiming to be a 3/D kind of player, he needs to launch more 3s and shoot them better, he probably needs to rebound more than 3 per game in 30 minutes... and overall he needs to be more impactful on defense.

I haven't watched him much (only a couple of games and it was mostly to see Dijon and Davis), but that stat line is underwhelming.

To put things in perspective, Danny Green averaged 21/1/3/2/1 as a d-leaguer. And his first year there, he averaged 26/6/3/4/1. Garino doesn't have to be as good as Danny was to be worth a roster spot, but he can't put up mediocre numbers like that and get too much attention.
    I agree...
    In the dleague guys have an easier time scoring... they play a faster tempo, launch a lot of 3s, there are plenty of plays in transition and opponents have poor defenders and/or poor rim protectors. The shooter is bound to find himself a lot of good open 3 pt shots (Davis launching 10 3s in a game ), the slasher like Simms is going to find a lot of alley oops and plays in transition, guys like Dijon and CoJo can get to the rim with relative ease and do their thing, guys like Bryce Cotton and Forbes, small scorers should average 20+ points per game on good efficiency with excellent 3 pt shooting and both did. Even all that doesn't guarantee someone will be an NBA player (Bryce probably was entirely too small and not good enough at anything else but scoring, like Jimmer maybe)... but it will get them a call up if they are not under contract (Simms athleticism stood out and got him a contract, Bryce and Jarell Eddie's shooting stood out, etc.).

To get a call up Garino will need to be stand out a little bit more. Maybe his 3 pt shooting needs to improve in both volume and %. If he's a 3 and D, he will need to shoot more and better,
    and probably look to rebound more and rack up more hustle stats.

Thread Information