Page 16 of 128 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put things in perspective, Danny Green averaged 21/1/3/2/1 as a d-leaguer. And his first year there, he averaged 26/6/3/4/1. Garino doesn't have to be as good as Danny was to be worth a roster spot, but he can't put up mediocre numbers like that and get too much attention.
    Thanks for the comparison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put things in perspective, Danny Green averaged 21/1/3/2/1 as a d-leaguer. And his first year there, he averaged 26/6/3/4/1. Garino doesn't have to be as good as Danny was to be worth a roster spot, but he can't put up mediocre numbers like that and get too much attention.
    Just a little nitpick: in his first year Green only played two games in the D-League. But he obviously still up good numbers overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a little nitpick: in his first year Green only played two games in the D-League. But he obviously still up good numbers overall.
    Green really didn't play too much in the d-league at all. Another perspective: After Sunday, Garino will have played in as many d-league games as Danny did.

You're correct about his short first stint. My point was that even a role-player who can't get his own shot in the NBA like Danny was an awesome d-league player. Being lackluster with the Toros really sucks for Garino, Arcidiacono and LJC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garinos's thing is team play and defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmmmm sounds like Patty FA exodus insurance. Forbes has been playing very well down there, so Pop has to be happy...
    thanks for sharing Ace!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Glad I saw this before posting it somewhere else. I don't know how many of you are keeping up with him, but Forbes is shooting his ass off in the D-League. It would be nice if the rest of his game can catch up with his stroke. He needs to become a good defender, but he's not tall enough to fall back on just being a 3-and-D guy. Still, if that shooting translates to the NBA, he'll find a roster spot even if he doesn't get big minutes.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmmmm sounds like Patty FA exodus insurance. Forbes has been playing very well down there, so Pop has to be happy...
    thanks for sharing Ace!
    I haven't watched the Austin team this year, and Forbes hasn't looked good at all in his Spurs minutes. How is his defense in the D League? Can he defend PGs?

Actually that might not matter, if he can shoot lights out he can take the Mason/Neal/Beli/Patty role, it's not like those guys were anywhere near good defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs vs. Rio Grande Vipers on FSSA right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm watching it right now and it has been painful to watch. Team looks absolutely awful. No defense and the offense can barely create anything. Forbes and Murray turning over the ball like crazy and ours BIGs getting eaten alive by a 6'9 fat dude.

not a single player playing well. From the 3 games that I've watched so far, there isn't a single player that gives me hope other than Murray and maybe Forbes. Rest of the guys are not NBA material. I'm actually baffled on how little Livio Jean Charles has learned during 4 years in France. Dude looks lost on the court, out of position on several occasions and simply does not take advantage of his athletic tools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Viperefs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm watching it right now and it has been painful to watch. Team looks absolutely awful. No defense and the offense can barely create anything. Forbes and Murray turning over the ball like crazy and ours BIGs getting eaten alive by a 6'9 fat dude.

not a single player playing well. From the 3 games that I've watched so far, there isn't a single player that gives me hope other than Murray and maybe Forbes. Rest of the guys are not NBA material. I'm actually baffled on how little Livio Jean Charles has learned during 4 years in France. Dude looks lost on the court, out of position on several occasions and simply does not take advantage of his athletic tools.

Looked like SL. Not fun to watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is really bad. Toros used to be a very good training ground for potential talent. I can't believe Livio still isn't making any improvements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried to watch it but man it was ugly ugly basketball. Only watched about 8 min.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team hasn't been the same since JaMychal Green and Cady left

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the coaching staff has changed over the years for the Austin Spurs. Some of those guys got hired on elsewhere

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Team hasn't been the same since JaMychal Green and Cady left
    The Toros need to sign Boban if they want to win the D-League chip, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte heading back north for the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who's interested here are some free tickets to the January 26th game against Phoenix:

https://austinspurs.wufoo.com/forms/...game-on-espnu/

Game will be on ESPNU.

Enjoy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some posters were interested in him, now one step closer to the big league team

Adam Johnson ‏@AdamJNBA

Windy City Bulls claim Hollis Thompson off waivers and will trade him to Austin Spurs for Jarell Eddie, league source tells @DLeagueDigest

Adam Johnson ‏@AdamJNBA

The Thompson/Eddie trade is pending league approval provided players pass their physicals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe with Kawhi, Manu, Parker, and now Simmons out, Spurs are looking for G/F depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's official

Austin Spurs Verified account ‏@austin_spurs

The Austin Spurs have acquired Hollis Thompson from the @windycitybulls in exchange for Jarell Eddie. >>>http://on.nba.com/2jpOoY8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back with the team that brought him into the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to seeing what Hollis can do. Was shooting it well a few years ago from 3. If he can be decent on D, could be a nice bargain find.

Thread Information