Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not worried about Duncan's health. Yet.

I've found nothing about his kness being worse, but that doesn't mean much based on how close the Spurs keep things. I'm hoping it's just a slump and he snaps out of it soon.
    Not only have I (also) not heard anything about his knees being worse, but he said just the opposite after last game, saying he's feeling way less pain in his knees now than at this point last season.

I think, more than anything, it's just regression to the mean or law of averages. He's roughly a 51% shooter over the course of his 13-year career, so the likelihood of him continuing to shoot over 55% was highly unlikely. I can't imagine many players shoot a career high from the field in their 13th year in the league. He was bound to have a shooting slump.

Like timvp said, some of it could be fatigue also. This is why the Spurs need a guy like Camby to make them a legit threat to win the championship. Not only could he pair with Duncan for stretches and give this team a clear cut 3-man big rotation in the playoffs (along with McDyess), but he could allow the Spurs to keep Duncan's minutes down and sit him the odd game down the stretch while still having a lengthy rim protector to man the paint, so that their record wouldn't suffer in the process.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Despite Hill's good results from this game, I don't see it an indicator that he's already capable enough to take over the starting job from TL. Hill does legit works on both ends with good potential to grow better, but currently there still exist too many concerns to promote him so hastily, like vulnerability for turn overs. Honestly it would be a liability on lineup if Pop played Hill in the 1st unit despite his defections, which were covered up and overlooked in the Grizzlies game because of the far naiver opposing guards.

Thread Information