Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone got insider so we can see this?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the Dean Martin reference...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link? I'm not seeing what specific rumor you're talking about

those headlines generally just lead to the rumor page, you probably have heard them all already

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone got insider so we can see this?
    yes, I have insider..so I can see it. It's really cool what paying money can do for you.... "zing"

I won't post this lame rumor but I will fill you in on the espn rumor process. First of all, the rumor page is excerpts of info on blogs and local newspapers and occasionally a decent, real story. Someone else already said in a reply, the stuff is usually garbage. I actually barely visit the page anymore.
    Think, "high school cafeteria"-

yesterday's event: Dan and Danielle go on a date and have a kiss in the car afterward

next day, lunchline, two of Dan Danielle's classmates have a conversation:

Chrstina- "hey Chris, I heard Dan porked Danielle in her parents' bed."

Chris- "yeah I heard she got pregnant"

you get the idea....

That being said, all you have to do is check 48MOH and Mysa.com or google the damn headline or make up your own rumor in google and you're bound to get the same lame blog gossip.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste any more time on it than I just did on this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's all I found pertaining to...

Stoudemire trade more likely now?

Could Amare Stoudemire be playing himself out of Phoenix? Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic has some thoughts on the subject.

Coro writes: "Nobody is incurring more internal disappointment than Stoudemire, whose teammates wondered after recent games about his effort and focus. Stoudemire has said trade talk would not affect him, but his energy on the court has made him look as though he's halfway packed and ready to leave. It has reached the point that the Suns are more inclined to trade him before the Feb. 18 deadline if a palatable deal arises. At least nine teams are exploring a trade for Stoudemire. The Suns met with Stoudemire's agent a week ago but have not made him an extension offer and won't approach his desire for a five-year, maximum-salary deal."

According to Coro, the Suns are not as hesitant to move Stoudemire as they were last season.

Parker could miss a few games
    Spurs point guard Tony Parker rolled his left ankle last night and he could miss a few games. X-rays were negative and he'll be re-examined today.

"Tony said it wasn't so bad, but he will probably miss a couple of games," Manu Ginobili told the San Antonio Express-News.

Agent creating leverage for Amare

This week we've had a lot of scuttlebutt about Amare Stoudemire. Is he going to be traded to New Jersey, Miami, Golden State, Chicago? What about San Antonio? Or, will he sign an extension?

Sources tell the San Antonio Express-News that Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, has been doing his best to create leverage for his client.

Stoudemire can sign an extension or become a free agent this summer.

"There are phone calls going back and forth every day between 30 teams," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said. "Anybody who tells you differently is lying to you. That's your job: Put together the best team you possibly can. Nobody is going to just sit there and not make any calls about anything. That's going on constantly. The chances of something happening are pretty slim, but everybody is always trying to improve their team. That's just part of the business. Everybody. Thirty teams are doing that."

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, I have insider..so I can see it. It's really cool what paying money can do for you.... "zing"

I won't post this lame rumor but I will fill you in on the espn rumor process. First of all, the rumor page is excerpts of info on blogs and local newspapers and occasionally a decent, real story. Someone else already said in a reply, the stuff is usually garbage. I actually barely visit the page anymore.

yesterday's event: Dan and Danielle go on a date and have a kiss in the car afterward

you get the idea....

That being said, all you have to do is check 48MOH and Mysa.com or google the damn headline or make up your own rumor in google and you're bound to get the same lame blog gossip.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste any more time on it than I just did on this thread
    OR...

You could not have acted like such a and could have saved your time by just giving the man a recap of what was said.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OR...

You could not have acted like such a and could have saved your time by just giving the man a recap of what was said.
    +1 what an ass ...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you get the idea....

Why go to all the trouble to be so condescending when you're the one paying money for info that is usually "garbage"? Your word, not mine.

Requests for posting ESPN Insider articles is common procedure on boards like this, and is absolutely within the protocol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's all I found pertaining to...

Stoudemire trade more likely now?

Could Amare Stoudemire be playing himself out of Phoenix? Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic has some thoughts on the subject.

Coro writes: "Nobody is incurring more internal disappointment than Stoudemire, whose teammates wondered after recent games about his effort and focus. Stoudemire has said trade talk would not affect him, but his energy on the court has made him look as though he's halfway packed and ready to leave. It has reached the point that the Suns are more inclined to trade him before the Feb. 18 deadline if a palatable deal arises. At least nine teams are exploring a trade for Stoudemire. The Suns met with Stoudemire's agent a week ago but have not made him an extension offer and won't approach his desire for a five-year, maximum-salary deal."

According to Coro, the Suns are not as hesitant to move Stoudemire as they were last season.

Parker could miss a few games
    Spurs point guard Tony Parker rolled his left ankle last night and he could miss a few games. X-rays were negative and he'll be re-examined today.

"Tony said it wasn't so bad, but he will probably miss a couple of games," Manu Ginobili told the San Antonio Express-News.

Agent creating leverage for Amare

This week we've had a lot of scuttlebutt about Amare Stoudemire. Is he going to be traded to New Jersey, Miami, Golden State, Chicago? What about San Antonio? Or, will he sign an extension?

Sources tell the San Antonio Express-News that Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, has been doing his best to create leverage for his client.

Stoudemire can sign an extension or become a free agent this summer.

"There are phone calls going back and forth every day between 30 teams," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said. "Anybody who tells you differently is lying to you. That's your job: Put together the best team you possibly can. Nobody is going to just sit there and not make any calls about anything. That's going on constantly. The chances of something happening are pretty slim, but everybody is always trying to improve their team. That's just part of the business. Everybody. Thirty teams are doing that."
    mmm so the Spurs DID talk with PHO... interesting....

hehehehehehehehe

Heh heh whoa! BEANER LOL@MavsFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jamariotron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why go to all the trouble to be so condescending when you're the one paying money for info that is usually "garbage"? Your word, not mine.

Requests for posting ESPN Insider articles is common procedure on boards like this, and is absolutely within the protocol.
    Glad to see people are calling out the jerks instead of encouraging it. It was not like this a few months ago before the "raising the bar" thing started. I was new and almost left the site to let the jerks feed on eachother. Glad to see things are flipping around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think Amare's agent is releasing these rumors to create more value for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amare's not worth a max contract IMO. He reminds me of VC and his days in Toronto. Sounds like a talented pro like Amare won't honor the ethics of his sport. That is to give the max effort to earn what he is being paid. Unlike AI some owner out there will give he a very good contract but probably not a max one.

As for him coming to SA I really don't think that will happen. Amare needs a "Nash" type PG in order to flourish IMO and we all know TP doesn't fit the bill.

You can't fix stupid..... E-RockWill's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you get the idea....

Do us all a favor & keep your posts to themselves.
    You pay for lame gossip

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you get the idea....

thanks, we had no idea what a rumor is

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amare wants to get an extension before the new CBA. He doesn't care which team gives it to him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do us all a favor & keep your posts to themselves.
    You pay for lame gossip
    Glad to see people are calling out the jerks instead of encouraging it. It was not like this a few months ago before the "raising the bar" thing started. I was new and almost left the site to let the jerks feed on eachother. Glad to see things are flipping around.

OR...

Yeah, nice responses. I'd expect it if I meant what you thought I meant.

-first of all, what I said was,

a joke. that's what the "**zing" meant. duh, we're living post 2005, right?

-then-

a heads up that the rumor is definitely full of crap and not worth spending time on. i even said i don't like the rumor page.

I've posted many insider articles on the board. If I see there's an actual ARTICLE(not the lame, unfounded rumor page) requested by a member and no one's responded yet I copy it.
    Go check.

So I started the post with a joke and then proceeded to trash talk the rumors page. Way to overreact. "don't waste time on the rumors page because it just ends up being a waste of time like this post"

what part of that is me being a ? Seriously, have you finished checking into the articles that I've posted for people who wanted Insider privelages?

geez, what the . I explained why the rumor page is a waste of time so the OP wouldn't get too excited about something so out of touch with reality. The blatantly lame example of the espn caliber rumors didn't tip you off? That was started just so MikeMonroe's blog would get viewer hits.

Why do we love to complain about each other and get amped at the thought of, "somebody's being victimized, let's freak out"

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some peeps are so sensitive. Chillax y'all. Amare ain't coming to San Antonio. He ain't smart enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did anyone mentioned Moon?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where did anyone mentioned Moon?
    He doesn't mean Jamario Moon, Danny.

The le of the article is a joke from the song "That's Amore".
    http://www.ourweddingsongs.com/cake-...s-amore-lyrics

He stole a line from the song for the le of the article:

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
    That's amoree"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we ever get Amare; it would be way down the road when he is like 35 and way past his prime...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we ever get Amare; it would be way down the road when he is like 35 and way past his prime...
    With his knees, I'd be surprised if he was still in the league at 35 , but agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my badddddd people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mmm so the Spurs DID talk with PHO... interesting....

hehehehehehehehe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im thinking the spurs FO came out and said they were entertaining trade talks so they could lite some sort of fire under these lame ass role players!!! thats a good sign for them to start hitting their jumper if they dare take one. haha no but seriously i believe he was just seeing if the suns would take garbage for amare and at the same time letting all those inconsistent guys know theyre not untradeable. 2birds one stone CIA baby

Thread Information