Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The episode sucked because there was no killing. No battles at all. I guess the people running the show wanted to let the characters have some fun in one episode and get some pussy. The next episode better get back to the battles and stay away from the guys getting pussy.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    episode three was so so, i really started to love lekky as a character. going to look forward to what happens to him next episode, besides lekky it was rather slow, but i rather enjoyed the depth of the episode without the battles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Having character development is fine and necessary, it just wasn't executed well or in an interesting way. It felt forced, unbelievable, and too cliche. Its probably just building up for the next episode but for the most part, episode 3 was the worst episode out of both miniseries imo.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I miss not having HBO.
    Who needs HBO? You have the internet don't you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The fourth episode was better than the one before but thats not necessarily saying much since that one imo was the worst of both Band of Brothers and The Pacific. However like the third, it seems to be building up to a climax of some kind which is what the previews for the fifth episode point to as well since it looks like a battle-packed episode.

The special effects and cinematography are awesome as usual and the characters, acting, and the "do I give a damn about whats going on" has been improving.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The episode sucked because there was no killing. No battles at all. I guess the people running the show wanted to let the characters have some fun in one episode and get some pussy. The next episode better get back to the battles and stay away from the guys getting pussy.
    You really don't get it, do you? BoB and The Pacific aren't about glorifying war, they are about telling the true story of what happens to people in war, uncovering the full horror of it. It's not being made to satisfy your bloodlust, it's about getting you to better understand what really happened.

If you just want to watch mindless gore and violence, go find something else, because these are not the shows for you.

Scrumtrulescent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Bump. Finally got a chance to dig episode 6 off the dvr last night. I really enjoyed it. I thought the last 2 episodes have gotten noticeably better.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its true that the episodes have gotten a bit better, but the quality of acting still leaves a lot to be desired. Average if you ask me, specially since its supposed to follow one of the best miniseries in history.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The fourth episode was better than the one before but thats not necessarily saying much since that one imo was the worst of both Band of Brothers and The Pacific. However like the third, it seems to be building up to a climax of some kind which is what the previews for the fifth episode point to as well since it looks like a battle-packed episode.

The special effects and cinematography are awesome as usual and the characters, acting, and the "do I give a damn about whats going on" has been improving.
    Here's your climax: We take both iwa jima and okinawa. Then Truman nukes nagasaki and hiroshima. The End.

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I still don't feel any connection to the characters like in BoB. Maybe that will change in the coming episodes, I really hope so.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Watched two or three episodes and it didn't hook me or hold my attention.

I've moved on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I think it's great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Great show tonight.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Finally getting around to this. 4 episodes in and it's good so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked Band of Brothers... have to watch this one some day.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I liked Band of Brothers... have to watch this one some day.
    The character development isn't quite at good, but it definitely has the same feel. Well worth it.

Thread Information