San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Hughes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry hughes waived by kings...

Hughes anyone?
    Jeez, I haven't seen him play too much this year? Does he have anything left? He used to be good. I, honestly, can't tell what sounds like a good idea right now.
    I could see him going back to Philly if Iverson retires.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez, I haven't seen him play too much this year? Does he have anything left? He used to be good. I, honestly, can't tell what sounds like a good idea right now.
    I could see him going back to Philly if Iverson retires.
    I haven't seen him play per say, but did follow him a little bit earlier this year for my fantasy basketball team. He wasn't half bad when he got playing time for the Knicks. Very good distributor, nice steals, and decent shooting. He would definitely be an upgrade over Bogans.

However, I don't see the Spurs signing anyone w/them saving cap funds by dumping Theo. WHo knows though what the Spurs will do this year besides continue to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Michael Finley would just leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as in the OTHER WAIVERS THREADS, no one. If they wanted to pay a 14th salary, they'd have kept Theo. A salary dump usually signals the end of any and all transactions for that season.
    On the other hand, maybe they wanted to free up a roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Hughes, waive Bogans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand, maybe they wanted to free up a roster spot.
    They freed one up when they bought out Haislip. Any reason to free another one, now that the trade deadline is past? None that I can think of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They freed one up when they bought out Haislip. Any reason to free another one, now that the trade deadline is past? None that I can think of.
    Hard to argue with that . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Hughes, waive Bogans.
    I would do that in no time, he was actually putting up good numbers at the beginning of the season against good teams when he was starting

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...xtGcYswGc7PKB4

he also can get a good number of assists and rebounds. Plus he always gets a couple of steals a game

of course he is listed as having a sprained left big toe, but he brings more offense then Bogans and probably a better perimeter defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Ilgauskas is going back to Cavs. League will not block move according to CBSSports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    over the rest of the week and weekend we will see what players are available since for a player to be eligible for the playoffs as long as he wasn't on another team's roster on March 1st or later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not too fond of Hughes. He has to take A LOT of shots in order to be effective, and that won't flow well under this Spurs offense. He's also an overrated defender, and relies more on the passing lanes than man-to-man D.
    Last edited by blkroadrunners; 02-23-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harpring retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I heard mixed rumors, but I guess it was official. Nevermind...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop is just draining the life out of this team.....spurs still have a chance to be better if he gave Ian some min...maybe hairston....but for some reason he rather give up and lose pop has lost his touch
    Spurs fans know absolutely nothing about basketball. Ian and Hairston as our saviors? Hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least with Hughes you get more offense on the court over Bogans, so it would be 4/5 instead of 3/5.

lineups of Parker, Hughes, Jefferson, Timmy, Dice look better then anything with Bogans in it. When Bogans defense isn't up to par he is also a liability on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least with Hughes you get more offense on the court over Bogans, so it would be 4/5 instead of 3/5.

lineups of Parker, Hughes, Jefferson, Timmy, Dice look better then anything with Bogans in it. When Bogans defense isn't up to par he is also a liability on offense.
    Hughes is not bad on the D end either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he gets a good amount of steals each game and he also has a couple of double digit assists nights each season and rebounds as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about mike jones!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny the realgm.com link mentions that the Bobcats are interested in him, I hate these teams that already have an abundance of athletic guards/forwards, try to become richer.

Please Larry Brown let us have a player for once (Tyrus Thomas)

the only question I have from a CBA stand point, Larry Hughes contract for this year is something like 13.6 million. So since he is waived, the Spurs would only have to sign him to the minimum correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks revealed last week that Hughes has a fractured left ring finger and could miss four weeks.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

didn't know that, luckily it isn't on his shooting hand. Again I'll reserve my opinion who I think the Spurs should go after from waivers till March 1 but Hughes is up there on the list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feb 22 F Etan Thomas wasn't moved at the trade deadline and won't be moving into the rotation anytime soon. Brought in to provide depth and toughness to the frontline, the veteran has been supplanted by rookie Serge Ibaka. Thomas, a native of Tulsa, has declined interview requests in recent weeks. Scott Brooks doesn't envision a change in Thomas' role. "He's done a great job of staying in shape," coach Scott Brooks said. "But we're playing good basketball and the guys who are playing are playing well."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...9Bg_kjkR52PKB4

Thomas is a player I would be very happy if the Spurs picked him up off waivers, doesn't sound like he is too happy there in OKC.

In fact when he was a rotation player real early in the season he had a good line against the Lakers

34 min, 4-7 FG 9 pts, 11 boards, 3 blocks

going to watch this game to see how his movement is on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tony batie please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Spur Julius Nwosu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bell Won't Ask Warriors For Buyout

Marc Stein of ESPN.com is reporting that Raja Bell will not seek a buyout from the Warriors.

Bell had wrist surgery in early December, but is on course to make his comeback next month.

He told Stein that he is not pursuing a buyout, which would have to be completed before March 1 for him to be eligible for the playoffs with a new team.

"I'm fully prepared to play here," Bell said last Friday.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz0glR5azyf

Thread Information