Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills taking a roster spot 2012/2013 might mean none for De Colo. Spurs will have to many guards, no matter what the contract number for De Colo might be.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade is definitely an option, an I'd guess that you could get far greater value for Neal than de Colo, with Neal being a known NBA quality player(I think de Colo will aswell, but he hasn't played here.) I'm not sure what you could get, but if you could sacrifice a little guard depth to upgrade the PF spot, you have to look at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills taking a roster spot 2012/2013 might mean none for De Colo. Spurs will have to many guards, no matter what the contract number for De Colo might be.
    Are you thinking of DeColo more as a PG or a 2 guard? I think his NBA position is on the wings and not as the lead guy. He just doesn't have the footspeed required to keep up (see Neal right now). And if thats the case then I would think Patty Mills doesn't really factor into this equation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well signing Jackson is going to allow us to make adjustments to the team this summer.

C: Duncan/Splitter
    PF: ?
    SF: kawhi/Jackson
    SG: Manu/Green
    PF: Tony/Mills

So to me the biggest need is at PF...with the addition of Jackson who can hit the 3 is it necessary to have a PF who is one dimensional? So does it make sense to trade Bonner or just Amnesty him this summer?

We have terrible time trying to attract talent but I am hoping the we can sign Lobrek who will help us with our biggest need. To me he has the game where he can play with either Splitter or Duncan with no problems.

Blair is still cheap so unless a good trade comes up I would assume we keep him.

I put Green cause he is a great second unit guy who just brings a whole bunch of things to the game. Sign him!

At shooting guard we have Anderson and Neal. I don't think Anderson will be back and I do like Neal. But with the signing of Jackson and hopefully getting Lobrek we have different needs now. By that I mean we need someone who can handle the ball and create his own shot and be able to take it to the rim and finish. Not sure if that person comes through the draft or trade? Oh I forgot foot speed, lateral quickness to play good man on man defense.

At PG it depends on what we see this season though I am thinking we keep Mills as a pretty decent backup.

Big Ed
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you do realize that i've never been to europe. I'm a dumb that likes being bent over. In my whole life i only squeeled like a pig two times.

So yeah, i'm a redneck in arkansas, and always have been.

fify

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tubasket.com/noticia/vale...r/1512681/6303

De Colo won't play in Valencia next year if they don't play EuroLeague... And if they did, he might leave as well.
    This report says that the Spurs are sending De Colo DVDs with the systems they want him to learn.

http://www.lasprovincias.es/v/201202...-20120228.html

This report is a bit older (1 month ago), and its headline is "De Colo dreams about playing alongside Parker in San Antonio". In addition, it looks like Splitter gave him great references about Spurs' organization. If you want me to translate both reports, I'll do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, all signs point in the direction that Nando wish is to join Spurs. The question is whether or not Spurs want him.

And Nando is having a very good year. He is shooting the ball much better than last year. Spurs should at least be intrigued by what he is doing in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, all signs point in the direction that Nando wish is to join Spurs. The question is whether or not Spurs want him.

And Nando is having a very good year. He is shooting the ball much better than last year. Spurs should at least be intrigued by what he is doing in Europe.
    Do you think that Nando has developed to the point that he could be an effective rotation player (even 12-15mpg) in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that Nando has developed to the point that he could be an effective rotation player (even 12-15mpg) in the NBA?
    I'm not sure he will succeed in NBA but he deserves a shot. Since he was drafted, he has improved a lot. He would be a nice cheap gamble to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure he will succeed in NBA but he deserves a shot. Since he was drafted, he has improved a lot. He would be a nice cheap gamble to make.
    Thanks.

Do you think he would sign a contract as team-friendly as Neal's? If he's willing to take that sort of deal, it's a very low risk signing for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think he would sign a contract as team-friendly as Neal's? If he's willing to take that sort of deal, it's a very low risk signing for the Spurs.
    I think De Colo might be a little more expensive than Neal (maybe $1M per year) but he should still be relatively cheap to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really overrate the level of non-NBA and especially Greek players.
    fify

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel Green and Gary Neal were not jack in Euroleague and they are rotation players for the Spurs.

Dragic, Jennings, Neal, Rubio, Lawson = a bunch of SCRUBS in Euroleague.

If such a mediocre player as Goran Dragic can tear apart the NBA, then De Colo could play in NBA with his eyes closed, and so could about 200-300 other players in Europe.
    Then why do teams that kick serious ass in Europe have such a difficult time winning a preseason exhibition against some of the lower tier NBA teams?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal's cheap contract could be moved on draft night for a late first or 2nd (most likely) if they really wanted to clear room for De Colo.

Might not even need to if Green leaves as a free agent. Or if Mills declines his 2nd year option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spanish language article about what Nando may do after he becomes a free agent when his contract ends on June 30th:

http://noticiasdealava.com/2012/04/1...or-los-grandes

Via Google translate:

The NBA is still my ultimate goal. I look ready to leap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the sentence after that is also interesting: If I'm not ready to join the NBA, I never will.

It goes in the same direction than what he say to French media earlier this year. It's now or never for Spurs. Spurs will be De Colo's first option this summer but if they don't want him, he will forget the NBA and try to get the best contract possible in Europe. This new contract will likely be a long term one without a reasonable NBA buyout.

In another Spanish article, Caja Laboral is rumored to be interested in him and has offered him a contract that will pay him more than €750K net per year. It's sure that De Colo having a very good season in Spain raises his market value there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the worst possible time to bring him.

The only way i see him coming is if someone overpays for Green and we let him go or if we trade Neal. Otherwise, it doesn't make any sense.

Can he play PG or is he a full-time SG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he play PG or is he a full-time SG?
    Coaches differ on that point. De Colo has played for 6 different coaches these past 4 years, without counting FNT. Some of these coaches saw him more as a PG, some more as a SG and some played him both spots without a problem. Given his track record, Pop might fall in the category of coaches who will have no problem playing at the PG slot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the feeling Green and Anderson are both gone, and if that's the case, I'd like to see De Colo make the jump. He's not going to develop much more in Europe, he needs a bigger challenge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it depends on do we think he has the ball skills to handle backup PG and the foot speed to guard SG? Looking at we are probably letting Anderson walk, and depending if Patty Mills doesn't opt in we could use him.

I think he is good enough were we could package him and Blair for a late first or early second draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've just read an interesting quote from Nando's agent in a French magazine:
    "Time is coming. Spurs have let us know a very real intention (about signing Nando) for this offseason. We will know more about that after the draft depending on what moves they will do."

So, the interest about Nando joining Spurs is on both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, would you rate NDC's ballhandling and overall skills at pg better than Neil?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, would you rate NDC's ballhandling and overall skills at pg better than Neil?
    Nando is a way better ballhandler than Neal. His PG skills are better than most of the NBA's PGs skills.

There were two issues with De Colo to see him as a PG. The first one was that he wasn't steady enough and the second one is the defense. I would say that the steady part has been solved. Nando is playing way more under control and has reduced a lot his crazy plays. Defense would still be a big problem even if he has improve in that area by caring more about it and by having improved his body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've just read an interesting quote from Nando's agent in a French magazine:
    "Time is coming. Spurs have let us know a very real intention (about signing Nando) for this offseason. We will know more about that after the draft depending on what moves they will do."

So, the interest about Nando joining Spurs is on both sides.
    Where does NDC land in terms of salary? Would he take the LLE or what's left over from the MLE after the Lorbek or Diaw signing?

Signing NDC and then Lorbek or Diaw would wrap up the off season with a good grade on acquisitions. .... we'd be sooooo bored!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where does NDC land in terms of salary? Would he take the LLE or what's left over from the MLE after the Lorbek or Diaw signing?

Signing NDC and then Lorbek or Diaw would wrap up the off season with a good grade on acquisitions. .... we'd be sooooo bored!
    De Colo should be relatively cheap. A salary of $1M or $1.5M per year seems fair for a player of that level.
    Getting Diaw or Lorbek and De Colo shouldn't be a problem for Spurs but getting all 3 will be hard to do.

Thread Information