Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been hoping the Spurs could get Diaw for the MLE, Lorbek for the LLE, and De Colo for a Mills-type minimum deal with a second year player option. Might be too much to ask. It will be an interesting off season regardless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are crowded these days. Already having 12 men rotation, then they have Lorbek and De Colo waiting in Europe.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah we seem crowded and if we can win the championship this year than I can see most of our guys saying. After next season Manu's contract is up (I don't think he comes back) and we could use this kid then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah we seem crowded and if we can win the championship this year than I can see most of our guys saying. After next season Manu's contract is up (I don't think he comes back) and we could use this kid then.
    Not so sure about that..When a team competes for a championship and goes deep in the playoffs those players who hit FA are usually hit pretty hard by teams. Players like Green and Diaw's stocks are raising with each game won in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw should be a priority, skills like his are unique at the 4. Good fit chemistry wise and he's not yet 30 years old.

Do not know enough about Lorbek. Attraction seems to be that the Spurs might be able to get a $6 or $7MM a season big for half the price. The Spurs already have that guy in Splitter.

Upgrade at backup point is a need - do like Neal's ability to provide instant offense off the bench, though sometimes it goes both ways - but in all honesty it's not a major major issue. I think the addition of European players the Spurs have draft rights to will be driven by what happens with the Spurs' own free agents in this upcoming offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've just read an interesting quote from Nando's agent in a French magazine:
    "Time is coming. Spurs have let us know a very real intention (about signing Nando) for this offseason. We will know more about that after the draft depending on what moves they will do."

So, the interest about Nando joining Spurs is on both sides.
    More draft day trades. Blair and Neal on the hot seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will not go into next season with Neal as their backup PG. They will only go into the season with Joseph as their backup point if he improves immensely under summer tutelage (and even then, a more veteran 3rd PG seems likely).

If De Colo is ready, then a Parker/De Colo/Joseph rotation at the point would be nice. If not, then expect Mills or another veteran to take that slot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, Nando played the first game of the spanish league playoffs yesterday: 26 points, 4 assists in 25:33min.

Boxscore: http://www.acb.com/fichas/LACB56310.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo if we can get him over, spurs should look at ways to trade up in the draft if they can sign and trade whatever players that is leaving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo should be relatively cheap. A salary of $1M or $1.5M per year seems fair for a player of that level.
    Getting Diaw or Lorbek and De Colo shouldn't be a problem for Spurs but getting all 3 will be hard to do.
    Bruno, will we have to use part of our MLE to sign De Colo or can we get him on a rookie scale contract? If it's the former, won't signing De Colo then prevent us from having enough money to re-sign Diaw (assuming we'll be working with the mini-MLE)?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Poor man's Rudy Fernandez. Circus shot extraordinaire. He'll be eaten alive by NBA pgs if he plays the 1 and by NBA SGs if he defends the 2. Not enough shots as a NBA role-player to be a positive contributor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, will we have to use part of our MLE to sign De Colo or can we get him on a rookie scale contract? If it's the former, won't signing De Colo then prevent us from having enough money to re-sign Diaw (assuming we'll be working with the mini-MLE)?
    Spurs should get the full MLE and not the mini-MLE this summer and there are no rookie scale for De Colo since he is a second round pick.

Keeping Diaw and getting De Colo should be easy to do. Diaw would get the MLE and De Colo would get the LLE. If you want to have Lorbek too, it will be more complicate and take some of these players to accept to take less money than their market value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Mills's contract for next year guaranteed (if he accepts the player option)? If we wanted to bring in Nando, are we at risk of having 4 PGs on the roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Mills's contract for next year guaranteed (if he accepts the player option)? If we wanted to bring in Nando, are we at risk of having 4 PGs on the roster?
    Mills' situation is the following:
    He has until June 25 to decide whether or not picking his player option. If he picks it up, his 2012-2013 salary will be $885,120 and will be fully guaranteed.
    If he doesn't pick his option, Spurs will then have until June 30 to decide whether or not making him a RFA by tendering him a $1,085,120 QO. A QO is too fully guaranteed.

Another key date is the draft on June 28.

Knowing Spurs way, I think they will be straight up with him. Before June 25, Pop and/or RC will have a talk with him. You can imagine Spurs saying him 3 different things:
    - We don't count on you for the backup PG slot. If you pick your option, you should stay at the end of the bench and we might even trade you. If you don't pick your option, we won't make a QO and we will let you your freedom to sign elsewhere.
    - We will give you a shot at the backup PG slot if you pick your option.
    - It will depend on what we will do on draft day. If you opt out, we will wait after the draft to decide whether or not making a QO for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Nando's vids he always reminded me of a poor mans Manu. No that is slight to him more of a compliment because Manu is a Great Player.

It will be interesting to see what happens this summer with Patty and Neal I like them both but neither can guard the opposing players PG....Neal is to slow...and Patty can't fight through screens...But both can light it up from the outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, Bruno.

It will be interesting to see how things break. It would be great to see Nando in a Spurs uniform next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching Neal this postseason, I think that "clutchness" element he brought last year isn't there. That really is his compe ive advantage against someone like Patty Mills. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs move him before next year, and to give Mills a shot at the PG. The contracts (assuming Mills picks up his PO) are about the same. And if that's the case, that may open the door for Nando who may add a different dimension to the team, where Neal and Mills are duplicative in my mind (size, streakiness, deficiency at PG).

I hope I'm wrong about Neal, and that he hits a pivotal shot in these playoffs yet. There is still a long road ahead. Its not lost on me that he's had to play more PG than he's like; however, even when playing alongside Manu who frees him up to play his natural SG position, I really haven't been impressed with his postseason performance (yet).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo will sign with Real Madrid?

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...al-madrid.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be true but the source is kinda obscure. Take it with a grain of salt.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll wait for KBP to confirm the Real Madrid story, but Bruno did raise a point in another thread about the Spurs' dearth of perimeter bench speed. I'm assuming De Colo wouldn't help that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, De Colo isn't a that good fit with Spurs current roster.

Something else about this rumor is that they are talking about a preliminary contract. De Colo signed too a preliminary contract with Valencia before the 2009 draft. It was a contract that would only applied if De Colo didn't signed with a NBA team. If this preliminary contract with Madrid really exist, it's likely that he has the same clause. De Colo has repeatedly said that going in the NBA is his priority. Real Madrid would be a great backup plan for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be true but the source is kinda obscure. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Well:
    https://twitter.com/#!/LADYHOOOP/sta...51008322838528
    Nando De Colo n'a pas signé au Real Madrid. Rumeur démentie par son agent
    Translation: Nando De Colo hasn't signed with Real Madrid. The rumor has been denied by his agent.

Believe.
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Well:
    https://twitter.com/#!/LADYHOOOP/status/204651008322838528

Translation: Nando De Colo hasn't signed with Real Madrid. The rumor has been denied by his agent.
    Of course he's got to deny it with his team still in compe ion, that doesn't mean they haven't already reached an agreement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno......do you think the Spurs would be able to re-sign Duncan, Green, Diaw, and Mills?

If so, do you think they can bring over Lorbek, Sani, and de Colo?

Finally, I do not know how the CBA works, but do you think the Spurs could possibly sign Anderson and then trade he, Blair, and Joseph to NJ for Humphries (BTW, NJ would have to re-sign Humphries)?

If so, the Spurs would have this lineup

C - Diaw, Splitter, Bonner
    PF - Duncan, Humphries, Lorbek
    SF - Leonard, Jackson, Sani
    SG - Green, Manu, Neal
    PG - Parker, Mills, de Colo

I honestly believe if we could pull it off, we would definitely be a Championship contender next season.....with good health, we would be the front runners.

I just want your thoughts on this, especially the Euro players since you have an immense amount of knowledge on the subject.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno......do you think the Spurs would be able to re-sign Duncan, Green, Diaw, and Mills?

If so, do you think they can bring over Lorbek, Sani, and de Colo?

Finally, I do not know how the CBA works, but do you think the Spurs could possibly sign Anderson and then trade he, Blair, and Joseph to NJ for Humphries (BTW, NJ would have to re-sign Humphries)?

If so, the Spurs would have this lineup

C - Diaw, Splitter, Bonner
    PF - Duncan, Humphries, Lorbek
    SF - Leonard, Jackson, Sani
    SG - Green, Manu, Neal
    PG - Parker, Mills, de Colo

I honestly believe if we could pull it off, we would definitely be a Championship contender next season.....with good health, we would be the front runners.

I just want your thoughts on this, especially the Euro players since you have an immense amount of knowledge on the subject.
    Wow, even deeper rotation. And fyi Humphries is 7mln/year player or more. Sanikidze (Sani) sucks.

Thread Information