Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs think De Colo can be a player next year. In fact, over the past few months GMs and other executives believe the Spurs got another late second round steal.
    what does this mean exactly? (what else than a player should he be next year?)
    you mean a player for the Spurs for the 2010-2011 season??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone should post up highlights and any new news on this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. What is a term that works. An NBA level player? He can run a combo guard similar to a Tyreke Evans role as I am told. The Spurs are interested in adding an off the bench 6'5"-6'7". However, they really like Garrett Temple. I'll be interested in seeing how that affects De Colo.
    wow he is that good?
    lol
    if someone can post up links of the latest highlights

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh let me correct myself, I was distracted mid-post. The Spurs would like an off the bench 6'5"-6'7" player who can run the 1/2/3, which is why they like Garrett Temple. However, I got the chance to meet and talk to Temple, and he is 6'4" at best.
    If Temple is 6'4" then Mason is 6'2".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Temple is 6'4" then Mason is 6'2".
    I have always suspected that Duncan is actually only 5'11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando just played another very nice game (18 points, 3-5 3s) today.
    watch out for the assist at 1:12
    http://acbtv.acb.com/video/2835
    Nando is just damn good! shooting, court vision, ball handling, BBIQ. it's all there.

@RC/Pop: BRING NANDO IN THIS SUMMER! buy out his contract! give him the BAE. give him the Mason spot in the rotation. it will pay big dividends!

and btw. Nando might not be the best athlete in the worl, but does have very good size for a combo. the listed 6-5 can be taken as "true" 6-5. he is pretty close to Manu in size.

and hey, don't they look good in the same uniform??

Last edited by mountainballer; 05-02-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update mountainballer!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like to have him next year, he seems like a gamer and someone who could help from the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this dude coming over here next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this dude coming over here next season?
    One more season abroad might not be a bad idea for his seasoning. He'll gain more experience there than in the D-League. However, if he continues to play at such a high level it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and snatch him up and bring him over. Buyout issues are always a concern for the Spurs - so it might make sense to just execute while you can.

De Colo is going to have to learn to play with better athletes and longer players than hes used to in Europe. The D-League can offer him a taste of that at least. I would not be opposed to pulling the trigger and bringing him in next year. However, if the Spurs feel confident they can still get him in silver and black 12 months later down the road then that course of action would be fine as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see him in the D-league at all. I really think he could immediately fill the 9th or 10th spot in the regular rotation. this would give him 15-18 MPG. NBA minutes! talking about experience. of course, ACB and Euroleague next season would give him a very good amount of quality compe ion minutes. (about 1500-1800 minutes overall). on the other hand, if he plays the 9/10th spot, he will get about 1300-1500 NBA minutes. I would think this is a wash in terms of experience, but considering his Spurs career, it should be an advantage to learn NBA and Spurs one season earlier.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ Agreed. I don't see what the D-league does for DeColo considering the far superior compe ion he's already playing against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy looks a lot more French than Parker does. Ah... I don't have anything else to add.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see him in the D-league at all. I really think he could immediately fill the 9th or 10th spot in the regular rotation. this would give him 15-18 MPG. NBA minutes! talking about experience. of course, ACB and Euroleague next season would give him a very good amount of quality compe ion minutes. (about 1500-1800 minutes overall). on the other hand, if he plays the 9/10th spot, he will get about 1300-1500 NBA minutes. I would think this is a wash in terms of experience, but considering his Spurs career, it should be an advantage to learn NBA and Spurs one season earlier.
    Do we think that De Colo is that good already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mountainballer seems pretty sold and it looks like he's actively following De Colo's Euroleague performances. If you look at the results, you have to say he's worth a long look this off-season.

It would seem that De Colo could take Roger Mason's place on the roster with the hope that he'd settle into Mason's role as a shooter off the bench that could occasionally handle the rock.

I know Mason's season average was around 20MPG, but it seemed like his minutes on a nightly basis were pretty sporadic...especially when the backcourt was healthy. De Colo doesn't seem like a big risk to bring over and possibly play 12-18 minutes a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have NBA range? Does he really project as a shooter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this we don't know before we don't see him in the NBA. but the 9th or 10 spot in the rotation would mean he is something like the 3rd option for either PG and SG and so he would play like 8 minutes at either spot. so, asked if I think he is good enough to play a 3rd stringer role on this Spurs team, I would answer definitely yes.
    as mentioned in some previous posts, the most impressive aspect about Nando's season IMO are not the very nice numbers and performances, it's the way how he jumped from a 3rd tire European league (French league) to a 1st tire league without any visible adjustment problems and without any reduction of his previous production. and furthermore he immediately took a leading role on a very good team (currently 4th in the ACB and winner of this seasons Eurocup) and became (as a rookie) the 2nd best player on this team, only behind Rafa Martinez, a well established veteran, who plays his 8th ACB season. that's my major point. if a 22 years old player manages to adjust that easy and looks mature and confident like a seasoned veteran, he should be able to make the jump to NBA play either. I would think that the difference from being the star of a good Spanish league team to being the 3rd stringer on a good NBA team isn't that significant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo would be better than Roger Mason is right now.

Suspect defense and bad turnovers, but at least De Colo can make plays for others and plays with passion.

I hope the Spurs sign him for next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando has improved a lot his weaknesses this year. He still isn't a true PG (and likely never will) but he is playing way more under control than earlier this year. His defense is also better.

Valencia has locked the fourth seed of the Spanish league. If they win their first round series, they will face Barcelona in semifinal. Nando playing against Rubio in a playoff series would be very interesting to follow and very telling on how ready Nando is for the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to think how the roster would shake out for next season if we signed De Colo. Heres what I think:

Parker
    Hill
    Temple

Ginobili
    Jefferson
    1st Rounder (Pondexter!)
    De Colo
    Veteran (Bogans, Raja Bell etc)
    Hairston/Gee

Duncan
    McDyess
    Blair
    Splitter
    Mahinmi/Bonner
    Veteran/2nd Rounder

Now, it's definitely possible that a decision is made to retain only one of Temple or De Colo. But I think Garrett has definitely shown that he can stick on an NBA team and De Colo might be good enough to do so as well. I wouldn't toss talent away just because you have too much. I'd keep them both on the squad. But where will all the minutes go?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2...ncia-also.html
    Sergio Rodríguez is still undecided about to stay in the NBA or to go back to Europe, and several teams in Spain are waiting for his final decision. Besides Real Madrid and Caja Laboral, another team is reported to be interested in landing Rodríguez, who ended last season in the Knicks. Power Electronics Valencia, which will play in Euroleague next season, could have also made an offer for the 23-year-old guard.
    just a rumor, but quite interesting for DeColo and his future.
    Rafa Martinez will leave Valencia for Barcelona, so Rodriguez would be his replacement. interesting is also, that Valencia had also contacted Jasikevicious (goes back to Maccabi) and is interested in Doron Perkins. so or so, DeColo's role on the team will likely change in the next season, as Valencia seems more active to get a top PG, which would push DeColo to SG full time. (maybe not so good, considering his best option for a NBA career is the combo guard role)

another rumor:

The coach of Power Electronics Valencia Neven Spahija could be the main target of Fenerbahce to replace Bogdan Tanjevic, who recently stepped down his head coach duties due to health problems. Spahija is in talks to extend his contract with his current team for two years, but the Turkish team is willing to make a huge offer to hire the 47-year-old Croatian head coach, who recently led Valencia to win the EuroCup.
    if Spahija leaves, DeColo and Spurs might rethink their options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, do you know if Nando is injured? I noticed he did not play today..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a meaningless game for Valencia and Nando had an ankle sprain few weeks ago. They just decided to give him some rest before the Spanish league playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando has improved a lot his weaknesses this year. He still isn't a true PG (and likely never will) but he is playing way more under control than earlier this year. His defense is also better.

Valencia has locked the fourth seed of the Spanish league. If they win their first round series, they will face Barcelona in semifinal. Nando playing against Rubio in a playoff series would be very interesting to follow and very telling on how ready Nando is for the NBA.
    Alright, from the bits and pieces I've watched of Nando I'm officially very intrigued by him. Would love to see him matched up against Rubio.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Alright, from the bits and pieces I've watched of Nando I'm officially very intrigued by him. Would love to see him matched up against Rubio.
    One of the few defeats Barcelona had this season was precisely versus De Colo's team. Rubio and De Colo were basically non-factors in that game, it was a tremendous effort by Martinez and Perovic.

Thread Information