Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sucked against Joventut but it wasn't a playoff game. It was a meaningless game of the regular season with both teams having nothing to win or lose. In big games, he gives more effort on the defensive end but he still isn't good and struggles to fight through screens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks, didn't know it wasn't playoffs, my spanish sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two stupid fouls by Nando with less than two minutes to go got him benched

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun game to watch.
    Unicaja won at the Buzzer with Zabian Dowdell.

Nando sucked and fouled out with less than a minute to go. This game also showed how he struggles defending quick players. I'm convinced that his future in the NBA is at the SG spot after having add some weight.

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the four consecutive made free throws it cost them made all the difference in the 1 point loss for Valencia (Nando's team.)

Sadly, Nando contributed negatively to this game 1 playoff loss in crunch time, we'll see if he can bounce back for the game on Sunday

edit: @ bruno: He has good size but do you think he has what it takes to create his own offense against NBA 2's? Also do you think he'll be strong enough to defend NBA 2's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ bruno: He has good size but do you think he has what it takes to create his own offense against NBA 2's? Also do you think he'll be strong enough to defend NBA 2's?
    Nando will have a harder time to create his offense in the NBA but I don't see how it will be more difficult for him to do it against SGs than against PGs. SGs are bigger but they also are slower.

He clearly isn't strong enough to defend SGs but he also clearly isn't quick enough to defend PGs. The difference is that you can get stronger bu 's almost impossible to get quicker. Nando weights 186lbs, with 10-15lbs of muscle added, he should be strong enough to defend most of the SGs.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Nando remind anyone else of Manu circa 2003?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only on offense, and he's definitely not as good at getting to the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the season for Nando and Valencia.

Nando was horrible in this game. He did nothing on the offensive end. On the defensive end, he was a foul machine (4 PF in 10min). He can't defend "quick" PG that attack the basket. And when I say "quick", it isn't Tony Parker quick but Omar Cook quick.

Overall, Nando and Valencia have had a great season with the Eurocup win and a good RS in Spain but Nando has been awful in the playoff and he is a big reason why Valencia lost against a good team of Unicaja.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So another year of Euro play for Nando?

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Unicaja grossly underachieved this season but they're more talented than Valencia.

Yeah, Cook owned De Colo. Too experienced, athletic and physical; De Colo never checked into the game mentally, melted down under the pressure. Still a rookie though; it was more pathetic to see Gary Neal owning Claver in spite of giving up 6 inches.

P Double J R
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs work but I liked his agressiveness, and he didn't seem flustered though he committed some really stupid fouls at the end, but he sees the court well and has handle with the right work ethic and someone to show him what to work on he could be a steal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep the kid over for another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unicaja grossly underachieved this season but they're more talented than Valencia.

Yeah, Cook owned De Colo. Too experienced, athletic and physical; De Colo never checked into the game mentally, melted down under the pressure. Still a rookie though; it was more pathetic to see Gary Neal owning Claver in spite of giving up 6 inches.
    I've noticed a lot of talk of how poorly he played in the playoffs and now I see comments like, "melted down under pressure." Do you believe it's a mental thing, a physical thing or some combination?

I guess what I'm getting at, is he soft mentally; does he generally rise to the occasion or disappear when the game's on the line?

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No, if anything he tends to step up for big games. He was superb in the Eurocup playoffs for example. Had a bad game versus Rubio in the Copa del Rey semi-final, but lots of European guards went through that experience this season. And he likes the ball on his hands during the big moments. Nah, he's generally charismatic and self-confident. It's just a bad playoffs series from a young player with a very tough matchup to deal with + allowing officiating decisions to get into his head. I think in a similar situation next season he'll keep his composure, even if he still can't defend his counterpart 1x1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on the game most recently linked, his creativity, sneakiness, court vision, and motor remind me of Manu, but the overall offensive package isn't there yet, and the defensive end of his game seems miles away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced that his future in the NBA is at the SG spot after having add some weight.
    You're convinced of a lot more than me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're convinced of a lot more than me.
    No, I'm not. I could have added "if he has one".

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by Mogrovejo
    As a side note, I highly doubt Spahija's contractual situation is really about money. They want to get rid of him - someone inside the club - and there are some power struggles going on. It's going to be interesting to follow, especially if they're kicked out in the 1st round.

And he's gone. De Colo will have a new coach next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spahija gone could be a huge factor in Nando's future. The friendship between Pop and Spahija allowed Spurs to keep a close eye on Nando. Changing coach every year (if Nando sign with Spurs in 2011, Pop will be his 4th coach in 4 years), isn't also ideal for the growth of a young player. I still think Spurs will let him one year in Valencia to play the Euroleague but he won't be there in a as great situation as originally planed.

If Rafa Martinez left, as rumored, the team to go with Barcelona, I also wonder if Nando will continue to play PG or will move to the SG spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It seems they're going to sign Velimir Perasovic. Excellent coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valencia new coach is Manolo Hussein.
    I don't know if he is good coach but he has very few experience of the high level. I guess they didn't want to spend a lot of money for their coach and went with a cheap one.

Thread Information