Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I really like Manuel but I know him so I'm kind of partial. Excellent choice, IMO. He's not popular due to his demeanour and style but so far in his career he's never failed to accomplish the goals he was supposed to attain at the start of the season. True he never coached for a club like Valencia, but I'm very excited to see how he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know if Nando will play on the SL team this off-season? Wasn't he supposed to last year but was a late scratch for some reason? Or am I thinking of something else.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see him on the SL roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see him on the SL roster.
    Not likely. Summer league is 9-18 July and France begins camp for the WC on July 25th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando will still be under contract with Valencia. If FIBA sticks with last year rules, he won't be allowed to play in SL without the written consent of Valencia.

Even if Valencia agreed to let Nando play SL, the best for him is to take some rest before playing with FNT. With Parker and Antoine Diot out, Nando should get major minutes this year. Playing with the NT will help way more his development than SL.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to bring him in this summer. We have an assload of guards for that already.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando will still be under contract with Valencia. If FIBA sticks with last year rules, he won't be allowed to play in SL without the written consent of Valencia.

Even if Valencia agreed to let Nando play SL, the best for him is to take some rest before playing with FNT. With Parker and Antoine Diot out, Nando should get major minutes this year. Playing with the NT will help way more his development than SL.
    agree. SL would be total nonsense for him. playing the WC gives us also a much better idea how he can do against proven NBA players. (especially against Spain)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FNT will also play a game against USA at the MSG on August 15th. It will be interesting to see what Nando will be able to do in this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very intriguing indeed. I look forward to both of those games.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't know an accurate place for this, so I post it here, because his name was mentioned several times in this thread:
    http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2...to-become.html

Neven Spahija would consider to become an NBA assistant

Neven Spahija is still undecided about his future after leaving Power Electronics Valencia a couple of weeks ago. The Croatian coach is reported to have offers from several European clubs (like Efes Pilsen or Fenerbahce), but is also considering another choice: moving to the United States to become an assistant for a NBA team. Spahija also said he wouldn't mind to be back to Valencia in a couple of years.
    whatever this is worth. just thinking about what NBA team could be interested in him.
    hm. good friend of Pop and long term relationship to the Spurs organisation. just saying. (no doubt that Spahija would be a great assistant coach for any NBA team.) and would a star coach like Spahija (on Euro level) accept an assistant role in the NBA, if it wasn't under a coach like Pop? (or Jackson. but that's it IMO)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true, but considering the Spurs budget they'd probably have to lose an assistant coach first, and I don't think any of them are getting any head coaching jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To close the loop on Spahija:

Wasting no time in filling the vacancy at the head of its bench, Fenerbahce Ulker announced Friday that Neven Spahija will be the new head coach for the Turkish champions.

http://www.euroleague.net/euroleague...ja-as-new-boss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando was on a web radio a week ago and confirmed that he should stay in Valencia next year. It isn't a surprise but it's always good to have the confirmation from the player himself.

2 little videos about Nando:

For people not knowing him, a long and boring highlight of what he did in Eurocup this year:

For the fun, a Spanish commentator going crazy after 2 great plays:

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn shame. Could use his shooting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn shame. Could use his shooting...
    For serious. I didn't see him miss a shot in those entire videos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have liked his shooting as well, but most (including nando himself) realized he needs more seasoning at the elite level of european basketball. It is also very interesting in the fact he is being given every opportunity to develop as a pg instead of strictly a sg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some rumors about Valencia going after point guards (Doron Perkins and Earl Calloway) because Nando could leave them to sign with Spurs.

Links:
    http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/2...-de-reyes.html
    http://www.diariodesevilla.es/articl...a/sevilla.html

I take it with a grain of salt because Nando said that Spurs wanted to let him one more year in Europe and the James Anderson pick hurts Nando's chances to sign with Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take it with a grain of salt because Nando said that Spurs wanted to let him one more year in Europe and the James Anderson pick hurts Nando's chances to sign with Spurs.
    Not if they trade Tony.

I could see a backcourt of:

Hill/Colo
    Manu/Anderson

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if they trade Tony.

Hill/Colo
    Manu/Anderson
    Not seeing it...not wanting to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if they trade Tony.

Hill/Colo
    Manu/Anderson
    So our starting and backup PGs would both be SGs?

Can't see it.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be awesome to watch him play during the summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando was on a web radio a week ago and confirmed that he should stay in Valencia next year. It isn't a surprise but it's always good to have the confirmation from the player himself.

2 little videos about Nando:

For people not knowing him, a long and boring highlight of what he did in Eurocup this year:

For the fun, a Spanish commentator going crazy after 2 great plays:
    "Everybody is talking about me!!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if they trade Tony.

Hill/Colo
    Manu/Anderson
    Or maybe trade Hill:

Tony/Colo/Temple
    Manu/Anderson

and if clubaliens' suggestion goes through, maybe Paul George as backup SF. Paul George might have more upside, but Hill is proven and the Pacers need a point guard (Hill's close enough).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the george choice has been a weird one considering his game is similar to granger's one...could have been made just 'couse haywrd was taken just before him.
    possible that has been made knowing that some teams (spurs?) loved george's game and asked to draft him in case...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the george choice has been a weird one considering his game is similar to granger's one...could have been made just 'couse haywrd was taken just before him.
    possible that has been made knowing that some teams (spurs?) loved george's game and asked to draft him in case...
    I know this may have happened before, but I really don't think the Pacers drafted Paul George hoping another team trades them a PG for him. I think they would listen if they could get a PG. Paul George sees himself as a SG so I can see him and Granger playing together.

Thread Information