Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So our starting and backup PGs would both be SGs?

Can't see it.
    Maybe we're going to run the triangle. The Lakers didn't need a playmaker at the point to win two les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valencia has signed Omar Cook. Either Nando will mainly play SG next year with them or he is on his way out.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also interesting in this regard:
    Valencia is interested in Denys Lukashov and that young guy is pretty much the same player like DeColo. (21 years old, 6-3 combo guard, good passer, great 3 point shooter)
    maybe the Cook signing cooled the interest of Valencia in Lukashov, the report is about one week old. however, if they would in fact sign him, I can't see Nando stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rafa Martínez extends his contract with Power Electronics Valencia until 2014

Rafa Martínez will continue playing for Power Electronics Valencia until 2014. The 28-year-old guard, who arrived to the Spanish team in 2008, was on the radar of several teams like Regal Barcelona, but will finally stay in Valencia. Last season, Martínez averaged 13.5 points and 1.7 assists per game in the ACB league.
    http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2...ract-with.html
    that's pretty interesting. it was reported for weeks that he will leave (to Barcelona), but finally he stays. can't say if either Pana or Oly is a good place for him. loaded roster on both teams.

and simultaneously there is this report:

Olympiakos and Panathinaikos, interested in Nando De Colo

Nando De Colo is on the radar of the two top Greek clubs. Olympiakos and Panathinaikos are interested in the 23-year-old French guard, who played last season for Power Electronics Valencia. According to the Greek media, Panathinaikos is the front runner to land De Colo, though the player is under contract until 2012. De Colo averaged 13.2 points and 2.8 rebounds per game in the last ACB league
    with Martinez returning and the signing of Omar Cook, the role of De Colo in Valencia would decrease next season. can't say if either Oly or Pana is a good place for him. loaded roster at either team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is also means: even with a contract till 2012 with Valencia, Nando obviously is available. probably a small chance he will be brought overseas? (I know we don't need another guard)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reports of Nando to Greece are all coming from the Greek press, so I wouldn't rate that as much of a possibility.

This interview with Nando is from July 17th. From the Google translation, I gather that Nando is looking forward to playing PG for Valencia this season and that he has regular contact with the Spurs.

Perhaps one of our French posters could translate or summarize:

http://www.basketusa.com/news/38731/...ipe-de-france/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the moment, this rumor doesn't sound solid at all. Nando should play next year a big role for Valencia as a combo guard.

Pana and Oly aren't a great opportunity BB wise for De Colo but they have more money than Valencia. If they decide to open their wallet for Nando, he could make the jump for the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reports of Nando to Greece are all coming from the Greek press, so I wouldn't rate that as much of a possibility.

This interview with Nando is from July 17th. From the Google translation, I gather that Nando is looking forward to playing PG for Valencia this season and that he has regular contact with the Spurs.

Perhaps one of our French posters could translate or summarize:

http://www.basketusa.com/news/38731/...ipe-de-france/

It's a long interview but I tried to translate the main points.

What do you think of your first season ?
    I think I did a good season considering it was my first season out of France. The Valencia staff trusted me a lot so it has been easier for me.

Are you disappointed by the departure of Neven Spahia ?
    I would have prefered to see him staying with us. Now he's gone. This is bb: he has received a better offer which is normal because he did a very good job with us. It's really a good coach, I learned a lot with him.

Have you regular contacts with the spurs ?
    Several guys from the spurs came here and I stay in contact with them by telephone or internet. It's comfortable for me to see they are following me closely if I decide to play in the nba.

The potential TP departure could have an influence on your decision to come to play in the nba?
    IDK. I'm focused on thechallenges to come... I have another year of contract. Let me see first how I will perform with Valencia, then we will see.

Whats your opinion regarding Beaubois who played with you in Cholet ?
    I'm not surprised. Rodrigue is built to play in the nba, he played a tremendous game against GSW now it's up to him to confirm.

What is your objectif with the FNT ?
    I hope I will be the starting PG. This year I've demostrated I'm capable of playing PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a long interview but I tried to translate the main points.

Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate it, Brazil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An interview of Nando's agent:
    http://www.catch-and-shoot.com/2010/...que-de-depart/

Nando's agent is saying:

- They are talking with Valencia to get a salary raise after his good season.
    - They have some doubts about Valencia's ambition after the loss of their coach (they went from a high level coach to a newbie) and the loss of some of their mains players (Nielsen, Perovic, Kelati..).
    - The Omar Cook signing is a sign in the right direction that Valencia is serious about not sucking in EL. They wants to use more Nando's versatility this year than last year and play him at both guards spots.
    - He has buyouts clause in his contract that are quite high but that top teams in Europe can pay.
    - Greek teams (I guess Oly and Pana) have contacted him but there are also other Euroleague teams interested in him. They are in wait and see mode and could very well stay in Valencia or leave the team.
    Last edited by Bruno; 07-19-2010 at 07:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate it, Brazil.
    u're welcome !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - The Omar Cook signing is a sign in the right direction that Valencia is serious about not sucking in EL. They wants to use more Nando's versatility this year than last year and play him at both guards spots.
    reportedly Valencia is now looking at Kennedy Winston. if this signing happens, there won't be many minutes left at the SG spot (behind Martinez and Winston).
    however, this might also be a sign that Valencia thinks (knows?) that Nando will leave.

http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2...nterested.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando said yesterday on his facebook that he will stay in Valencia next year.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nando-...e/357290276862

It is now official: in spite of offers from other clubs, Nando chose to stay next season with Power Electronics Valencia, club with which he will particularly participate at Euroligue.

He got a salary raise from 250K€ to 350-450K€.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando said yesterday on his facebook that he will stay in Valencia next year.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nando-...e/357290276862

He got a salary raise from 250K€ to 350-450K€.
    I see. so we have to hope that he will outplay some other guards. (especially if they add Winston). on the other hand, if we hope he is a legit NBA talent, he will need to be able to outplay players like Martinez, Cook and Winston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see. so we have to hope that he will outplay some other guards. (especially if they add Winston). on the other hand, if we hope he is a legit NBA talent, he will need to be able to outplay players like Martinez, Cook and Winston.
    Winston (if he is signed) will also play some 3 behind Claver. Valencia will be a little deeper than last year but it's logical given that they will play the Euroleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

France's Nando De Colo(notes) (R) drives past Canada's Ryan Bell (L) during their friendly game at the 2010 Jack Donohue International Classic tournament in Toronto, Canada, August 12, 2010. Canada defeated France 69-58.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much did he score in the friendly game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FNT has b2b games against the awesome Canada and lost the first one by 11 and the second one by 22.

Nando scored 11 points in the first game and 2 points in the second games. He also had a lot of turnovers (11 for these two games).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIBA 2010 Players To Watch

Nando De Colo #7 of 12

An array of French stars are sitting out the 2010 World Championship -- Tony Parker and Joakim Noah to name a few -- but the team is still loaded with young up-and-comers, including 6-foot-6 combo guard Nando De Colo. He struggled in France's pre-worlds exhibition game against the U.S. but has shown loads of potential in recent years, which led the San Antonio Spurs to select him in the 2009 draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...#ixzz0xUlJ61V5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIBA 2010 Players To Watch

Nando De Colo #7 of 12

An array of French stars are sitting out the 2010 World Championship -- Tony Parker and Joakim Noah to name a few -- but the team is still loaded with young up-and-comers, including 6-foot-6 combo guard Nando De Colo. He struggled in France's pre-worlds exhibition game against the U.S. but has shown loads of potential in recent years, which led the San Antonio Spurs to select him in the 2009 draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...#ixzz0xUlJ61V5
    Neither here nor there, but it's interesting that of the 12 players profiled, 6 have ties with the Spurs.
    (Scola, Splitter, DeColo, Turkoglu, Javtokas, and Schortsanitis)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando struggles with FNT this summer.

With Valencia, he is a scoring PG but with FNT, he tries to be a pass first PG. He isn't playing his game and the result is quite ugly because he is out of sync.

During the last game against Australia, he played for the first time some SG and he was a little better. However, he still will continue to play some PG with FNT because they need him at that spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither here nor there, but it's interesting that of the 12 players profiled, 6 have ties with the Spurs.
    (Scola, Splitter, DeColo, Turkoglu, Javtokas, and Schortsanitis)
    how exactly would Sofoklis come to have any Spurs ties?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando struggles with FNT this summer.

With Valencia, he is a scoring PG but with FNT, he tries to be a pass first PG. He isn't playing his game and the result is quite ugly because he is out of sync.

During the last game against Australia, he played for the first time some SG and he was a little better. However, he still will continue to play some PG with FNT because they need him at that spot.
    considering the latest signings of Valencia, he will have to play mainly PG (or combo) to get his minutes. Valencia now has 3 good options for SF (Fernandez, Savanovic, Claver), so Winston will play mostly SG and Martinez as well. the combo slot is the only one that isn't overcrowded at this roster.
    but this will be good, he will need to be able to handle some point anyhow, if he wants to succeed in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how exactly would Sofoklis come to have any Spurs ties?
    Wasn't it said that there was mutual interest between himself and the Spurs a few years ago? I may be wrong (and the fact that he was drafted by the Clippers suggests I am), but that's my recollection... unless of course I'm mixing him up with another Brobigdanian black Greek center.

Thread Information