My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please GTFO the team.

Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Package him with Blair just to get rid of him. I defended him all year and he took a crap on me against memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ is amazing.

He has been able to be worst in his second year than in his first year. Given how bad he was in he first year, I didn't think it was possible. That's a true exploit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awj

awb

anyone but jefferson

anyone but bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he still have a hot wife?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he still have a hot wife?
    Luke Walton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ shouldn't even be in the picture, especially when the coach is forced to not play you at all in the 2nd half on a elimination playoff game.

Compe ion should be between Green, JA, and Butler (if healthy and shows something in summer league)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two words: Get out.

Is there any doubts now that he doesn't belong on this team? What excuse will Pop use now to talk himself into retaining this guy for another season?

It's not his fault because he didn't ask to come to S.A.. His passiveness as a player was evident even before the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most of it i blame Pop in RJ disappointment, he just doesn't know how to coach athletic wings, it is not in his philosophy, he can't utility those type of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what happened with him, he played great the first 2 games against the Memphis, and I bet if he makes that 3 to send us to overtime in game 1, and won, and we would of lost game 7 today, everyone would still be bashing him. I told everyone before the trade happened 2 years ago we shouldn't do this, but no one listened I guess. He's going to learn to be a better creator off the dribble this summer, getting to the rim and being aggressive which is what he was doing so much earlier this season, and poosh all his confidence was gone. I think his jumper is fine, which really impressed me how good his shooting was, he just doesn't have any confidence when it counts.

I doubt he goes anywhere unless the Spurs get another ty contract(s), I'm willing to give up Hill and Blair to get rid of RJ.

Anderson,Butler,Splitter,Neal should all be untouchable when it comes to our young guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be better off in New Jersey, running the wings with Deron Williams.

Hey, doesn't sound bad, does it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame POP. RJ is bot a bowen-like player. Now we have to trade him but with a bad contract it is difficult.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green >>>>>>.>>>>>>

Plays the best defense..........but as usual Pop puts him in his dungeon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ has something both Green and Anderson don't have and that's corporate knowledge. Expect Pop to keep him under his wings and groom him because one thing Pop values over thing else is corporate knowledge. Plus it wouldn't be fair for Green and Anderson to get minutes since RJ has corporate knowledge and is a veteran. I can't stress this enough guys, corporate knowledge. Let that sink in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ has something both Green and Anderson don't have and that's corporate knowledge. Expect Pop to keep him under his wings and groom him because one thing Pop values over thing else is corporate knowledge. Plus it wouldn't be fair for Green and Anderson to get minutes since RJ has corporate knowledge and is a veteran. I can't stress this enough guys, corporate knowledge. Let that sink in.
    I would agree with this statement during this season since it was green and anderson's 1st with the spurs. But, with them going into their 2nd season I would say this "corporate knowledge" edge you give RJ is totally wrong...If there skillset is better and are they playing the part I gurantee you that they will get good PT in the coming season and you may only see 15-25 minutes of RJ if he continues with his late season play..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would agree with this statement during this season since it was green and anderson's 1st with the spurs. But, with them going into their 2nd season I would say this "corporate knowledge" edge you give RJ is totally wrong...If there skillset is better and are they playing the part I gurantee you that they will get good PT in the coming season and you may only see 15-25 minutes of RJ if he continues with his late season play..
    I can't believe someone took me serious.

Corporate knowledge got us jack during the playoffs and that was Pop's favorite phrase during the season. Just some good old sarcasm I was using there.

But remember guys, corporate knowledge will lead us into the promise land once again.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I can't believe someone took me serious.

Corporate knowledge got us jack during the playoffs and that was Pop's favorite phrase during the season. Just some good old sarcasm I was using there.

But remember guys, corporate knowledge will lead us into the promise land once again.
    He's ESL. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate very well.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    He'd be better off in New Jersey, running the wings with Deron Williams.

Hey, doesn't sound bad, does it?
    It does if you're NJ and you're looking to sign Dwight Howard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does if you're NJ and you're looking to sign Dwight Howard.
    RJ for Outlaw and Petro doesn't hinder their cap space anymore than keeping Outlaw and Petro would.

They would still have the same significant cap space to go after D. Howard.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 05-02-2011 at 11:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ for Outlaw and Petro doesn't hinder their cap space anymore than keeping Outlaw and Petro would.

They would still have the same significant cap space to go after D. Howard.
    I'm not a big Outlaw fan, but I'd take him over RJ. Above all else, the Nets are about as desparate to get rid of Outlaw, as we all are to see RJ go.

RJ has always had a warm place in his heart for the Nets. I'd have to think that if there is some interest on their part, along with some incentive, that could be a destination for RJ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a big Outlaw fan, but I'd take him over RJ. Above all else, the Nets are about as desparate to get rid of Outlaw, as we all are to see RJ go.

RJ has always had a warm place in his heart for the Nets. I'd have to think that if there is some interest on their part, along with some incentive, that could be a destination for RJ.
    I'm not a big fan either. And I don't think Spurs should use R.J to get back a SF in return. If they do, they'll just get bad value in another bad SF(most likely). Which ultimately doesn't improve the team and just pisses us off again a year later.

Spurs can get a better quality of a player if they target a big man for R.J. Why is that you ask?

Most average/defensive bigs in the league are genuinely overpaid, like R.J. (Unless they're still in their rookie contract.) Therefore, Spurs can probably field a decent big like Varejao (who is overpaid), if they package Blair-- who can fill the void in CLE at one of the big spots with quality play for 20-25 minutes a night, and Jefferson-- who happens to play the position that Cleveland desperately needs to balance out their roster to a respectful degree.

I touched up on a R.J/Blair package in another thread and I think it can be realistically attainable. I don't think the Cavaliers can field many better offers for Varejao's bad contract.

To explain, on one end the only teams interested in overpaying Varejao would be contenders desperately looking for a defensive big man (Spurs). This fact narrows down the list of possible suitors for Varejao considerably. (Only contenders would be interested and at the same time the possible suitor/contender would have to have the salary that they are willing to part with; which makes it even tougher.)

On the other end, Varejao is a bad contract for Cleveland because he's essentially an overpaid defensive role player for a lottery team who makes 8 million per (It's bad basketball economics to overpay a limited role player on a lottery team; which was right at the time for Cleveland because they were contenders when they resigned him; overpaying a defensive big only makes sense when you are vying for a le).

At least with a package of R.J and Blair--not only does their pay-roll stay essentially the same, but they get young big with upside for cheap the next 2 years--who can grow with Hickson and their young prospects. All while, improving their small-forward position with a player who can carry some significant offensive burden for a team without many offensive weapons(he's proven to be capable of that-- just not with the Spurs).

I know many disagree, but I think something like that can be more than plausible from both sides. Especially, since it doesn't add significant salary to the Cavs' payroll (Jefferson and Varejao make essentially the same money for the same amount of years; 1-1.5 million difference-- and at the same time, Cavs receive a nice prospect in Blair).
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 05-04-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About the best reasoning in thought for a replacement big inside the paint trade i've heard so far.

And completely agree with spurs having to package two for one for a reasonable trade with another player that has just as bad of a contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, it was sweet to change the thread le from "Current Spur" to "Former Spur".

Thread Information