Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    Sons this thread is for all you shoe enthusiasts out there..I am trying to decide on a new basketball shoe for this upcoming spring. Right now I think it's between

the Jordan Flight 45 High's

and the 2k10 Huarache's

Any thoughts, experience with either of these 2 shoes, or any other good shoes on the market right now are appreciated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    CP3 II's

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    Son aren't the CP3 III's out? or you prefer the old one for some reason?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Son aren't the CP3 III's out? or you prefer the old one for some reason?
    son I was just reppin the old school

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sons, I'm waiting for the new Kobe's to come out in a decent color scheme

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    Sons, I'm waiting for the new Kobe's to come out in a decent color scheme
    yeah i also thought about this, but i need something to hoop in now!

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I bought these last month. First pair of basketball shoes I've bought in over 10 years. Bought them because they were my favorite shoes I had when I was a kid.....still haven't worn them out of my house.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Zoom Kobe V is the best basketball shoe ever created, followed closely by the Zoom Kobe IV. The Air Max LeBron VII is pretty damn good too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    Zoom Kobe V is the best basketball shoe ever created, followed closely by the Zoom Kobe IV. The Air Max LeBron VII is pretty damn good too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    I also never understood why some people complain and won't wear a low top shoe because of the lack of "ankle support." I was reading a review on those Kobe V's and someone was saying how they were the best shoe they've ever worn etc but "they're still a low top shoe, so he's going to wear an ankle sleeve or something next time." I've played compe ive basketball most of my life and always mostly worn low top's, and only had one somewhat serious ankle injury that healed up and hasn't given me any problems since. I think relying on high tops and ankle braces for support even when your ankles are healthy just makes them weak, and therefore easier to sprain. Just my two cents, /end rant.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I also never understood why some people complain and won't wear a low top shoe because of the lack of "ankle support." I was reading a review on those Kobe V's and someone was saying how they were the best shoe they've ever worn etc but "they're still a low top shoe, so he's going to wear an ankle sleeve or something next time." I've played compe ive basketball most of my life and always mostly worn low top's, and only had one somewhat serious ankle injury that healed up and hasn't given me any problems since. I think relying on high tops and ankle braces for support even when your ankles are healthy just makes them weak, and therefore easier to sprain. Just my two cents, /end rant.
    High tops give people peace of mind, but not a whole lot of extra support over a low top. And most ankle sprains in basketball happen in situations that are out of your control anyways. There's no high top in the world that will prevent you from rolling your ankle if you land awkwardly on someone's foot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    High tops give people peace of mind, but not a whole lot of extra support over a low top. And most ankle sprains in basketball happen in situations that are out of your control anyways. There's no high top in the world that will prevent you from rolling your ankle if you land awkwardly on someone's foot.
    Totally agreed, I just every time I see some dumbass thinking otherwise. It's all just a mental thing. Besides, to me, I'm alot faster and able to stop on a dime and move around a lot better in a low top. High tops can seem somewhat restricting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I like these, the Melos, but them Kobe's are hot

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why not saving some of your money and just getting standard bball shoes. not like awesome ones make you play better

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    why not saving some of your money and just getting standard bball shoes. not like awesome ones make you play better
    As a quick player who likes to slash a lot, and someone who bases a lot of their game off of a 36 inch vertical, the shoes make a huge impact on my game. $100-130 isn't that much considering I only buy about one pair of shoes per year, IMHO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    If I wasn't a broke college student as well, I would get a pair of Kobes IMHO.

These were my team shoes for my 9th grade year which was 5 and a half years ago, and luckily my foot stopped growing around that time. I've bought other shoes since then, but I've kept these in pretty good condition since I got them and are usually my go to shoes when it's time to throw down on the court (unless it's wet outside tbh). AFAIK they're just random Nike Shox and Horry used to wear them some back in 04-05. They're also a lot lighter than they look IMHO.

I bought a pair Melo 5.5's when they came out, which was a waste of $133. I hooped in them all of 2 times. They are pretty to look at, but they feel like you're playing with cinder blocks on your feet tbh.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    tbh the Al Harrington proteges are good shoes. Obviously nothing like the Kobes but I can't find too many types of shoes that come in my size (14) so I bought those for $35 bucks and they aren't bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    brah i know this is going to sound lame but the Kobe IV and Kobe V have been absolute gamechangers in the basketball shoe industry. Those shoes are so light and responsive that they will literally make you run faster, cut quicker, and jump higher. No bull .

Putting on Kobe V's is like when Benny The Jet Rodriguez put on his PF Flyers. It's like pure powah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm rocking these:

And they do make a difference in my game. They're light and they respond well to pivoting, but still offer ample traction.

The fact that I don't jam my toes in them or lose balance as easily is awesome as well. Definitely worth the money I paid for them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i wear mine at the boxing gym until i finally get in the ring then i'll wear my boxing/wrestling shoes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Do you know their exact name?

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    i love basketball shoes!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'm rocking these:

And they do make a difference in my game. They're light and they respond well to pivoting, but still offer ample traction.

The fact that I don't jam my toes in them or lose balance as easily is awesome as well. Definitely worth the money I paid for them.
    dude if you love the hyperdunks. you'll love the Zoom Kobe V

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I play with a pair of KOBE IV and KOBE V...you would be surprised of the ankle support. Pretty good actually and with it being a low cut, it still gave good ankle support with a lot more mobility compared to high tops.

Both Hyperdunks and Kobe V have a ZOOM AIR(real thin air pockets) which is a low profile air cushion air that provides you more of a court feel on the bottom of your feet. The KOBE V and Zoom air cushioning is what I prefer to use when I play Ball because I like to run and slash all while being able to feel the floor more because the ZOOM AIR sits lower to the floor.

If your a low post guy that strictly stays in the paint calling for the ball, doing low post moves, or fighting for rebounds period, I would go with an AIR MAX BUBBLE. They sit higher off the floor because of the big air bags but the provide AWESOME cushioning for hard landings. The only downside to it is that it sits so high, you can role your ankle more because the big air bags might role. I prefer not to use these because the big air bags bug when your run a lot and slash, they tend to roll a lot.

Lebron VII's is a shoe that has a new type of AIR MAX bubble, I dont know how these will perform but i'm sure they've been designed to handle his hard style of play, providing tough cushion and free mobility for slashing. Downside is the cost. ($170)

Overall, I would go with the Kobe V's because they are a good quality shoe. Good for slasher and provide good ankle support. I think JR Smith, DeRozen and a few of the Lakers are sporting it this year.

Hyperizes are still quite new on the market compared to lets say hyperdunks so they haven't gone down in price yet.

Hope this helps out, feel free to ask me any other questions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dude if you love the hyperdunks. you'll love the Zoom Kobe V
    Probably the pair I'm getting after I wear out my hyperdunks.

Are those blue/black shoes limited release? I'm not a fan of Laker colors, and my hyperdunks are already red/black, so I'd like something different, but I'm not gonna pay $50+ extra for a different color.

Thread Information