Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outlaw would be nice for the right price IMO. He has great size and can hit the 3 ball which are 2 things we can definitely use at the 3 position.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how the Spurs could sign him unless he is willing to take a pay cut from last year. All the Spurs can offer is the LLE(assuming Splitter takes most of the MLE).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how the Spurs could sign him unless he is willing to take a pay cut from last year. All the Spurs can offer is the LLE(assuming Splitter takes most of the MLE).
    Yeah, Clippers have full Bird Rights. LLE ain't gonna get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Clippers have full Bird Rights. LLE ain't gonna get it done.
    I have a quick question for you mel or anyone else who can answer... Say the Spurs only use 4 mil of the 5.8 MLE to sign Splitter. Can you take the remaining 1.8 mil and combine it with the LLE to offer another FA or no? Also, If we sign our first round draft pick, will his contract go against the MLE also?

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a quick question for you mel or anyone else who can answer... Say the Spurs only use 4 mil of the 5.8 MLE to sign Splitter. Can you take the remaining 1.8 mil and combine it with the LLE to offer another FA or no? Also, If we sign our first round draft pick, will his contract go against the MLE also?

Thanks.
    Can't combine any part of the LLE with any part of the MLE.

A player picked in the first round this year can be signed to a rookie scale contract and will not count against the MLE.

If the Spurs want to sign a second round pick to more than a minimum contract, they will have to use all or part of the LLE or MLE. They did this last year with Blair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't combine any part of the LLE with any part of the MLE.

A player picked in the first round this year can be signed to a rookie scale contract and will not count against the MLE.

If the Spurs want to sign a second round pick to more than a minimum contract, they will have to use all or part of the LLE or MLE. They did this last year with Blair.
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he is not resticted I could see outlaw wanting to sign with spurs cheap then stay a clipper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outlaw would likely be a very productive option for the Spurs at starting SF. Probably even more so than RJ. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Clips simply allow him to walk. However unless the RJ decides to opt-out or the Spurs elect to dump or trade him in July, I don't see how the Spurs could afford to sign Outlaw. Especially when considering the fact that Splitter will probably take up most or all of the MLE.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    He would be great for the LLE. He had a bad season last year but he was really productive for us in Portland and was a huge spark plug off the bench. He's a good defender not a great 3 shooter but has a decent jumpshot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is injury prone from what I remember but if he could be had for a cheap contract I'd go for it. Like others have said the Spurs need a 2 true SF, last year RJ was the only SF and the Spurs tried to plug in SG as the SF.

again for me get Splitter than only sign 6'7 or taller players

His last 3 seasons he avg around 38% from 3

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clippers won't have a shot with lebron but they will probably go hard for johnson. as for outlaw, i think they will try to resign him around the MLE. they did trade away thronton, which was a surprise to me since he is still on a rookie contract and rather productive. theoretically, with griffin coming back plus gordon and baron davis, they will have enough scoring. they will want a complimentary wing player and probably overpay outlaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a really good off-season if the Spurs somehow signed Splitter and Outlaw. Drafted a shooter like Xavier Henry and signed a shooter.

That's really all they need to do. Have their line up look like this:

Parker/Hill
    Manu/Henry
    RJ/Outlaw
    Duncan/Blair
    Splitter/McDyess

That's 10 players that can all play 20+ minutes.
    That right there is a fantastic roster. We'd still have Temple too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a really good off-season if the Spurs somehow signed Splitter and Outlaw. Drafted a shooter like Xavier Henry and signed a shooter.

That's really all they need to do. Have their line up look like this:

Parker/Hill
    Manu/Henry
    RJ/Outlaw
    Duncan/Blair
    Splitter/McDyess

That's 10 players that can all play 20+ minutes.
    I'm feelin' that.

If the Spurs could accomplish that, what a coup of an offseason that would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always like Outlaw. He can fly AND he can't only play the 3 but shoot the 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't like his one on one defense or his defense in general, even though he has good length.

Has a hard time creating off the dribble. Can only really create a contested jumper in one on one situations, even though he's a good spot up shooter off the ball.

Overall for the LLE I'd love him (for that price even if he has flaws), but realistically I'd say there's less than a 5% chance that he will be available for what the Spurs have left over after the assumed signing of Splitter. IMO (His market value should be between 4-6 million per year.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be a great option but I think the LLE will not be enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My off season best case scenario has Travis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like im in the minority, not a big fan of Outlaw.

His game consists of fadeaway jumpshots after a dribble or two. He is streaky and I'm not sure he would get nearly enough shots on the Spurs to work through those cold streaks. He has that ability to make the surprise play though, which is always a bonus. A flying tip-in, contested fadeaway late in the shotclock, a weakside shotblock.. but none of it is consistent. He has proven he can perform late in games too.

Defensively he gets lost and surprisingly doesn't move well for a guy of his agility and athleticism. He's pretty horrible in this area.

For really cheap, he would obviously be ok, but I wouldn't be particularly excited if the Spurs signed him. (That said, I would still prefer him over RJ, just because of salary )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outlaw is one of those guys that gets overrated every off-season by every fanbase..he's the SF version of Chris Wilcox in that regard..I think the yearly Wilcox off-season hype is finally over though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outlaw is one of those guys that gets overrated every off-season by every fanbase..he's the SF version of Chris Wilcox in that regard..I think the yearly Wilcox off-season hype is finally over though..
    interesting analogy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN just reported that the Nets are signing Outlaw to a 5 year deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN just reported that the Nets are signing Outlaw to a 5 year deal
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5363686

Forward Travis Outlaw has agreed to a five-year, $35 million deal with the Nets, his agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

The 25-year-old Outlaw averaged 8.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 23 games for the Los Angeles Clippers after being acquired as part of a trade that sent Marcus Camby to the Portland Trail Blazers. In 11 games for Portland last season, Outlaw averaged 9.9 points and 3.5 rebounds.

Drafted in the first round by Portland in 2003, Outlaw has averaged 9.5 points and 3.4 rebounds in seven NBA seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is some serious cash for Outlaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outlaw Agrees To $25M With Nets

Travis Outlaw has agreed to a five-year, $35 million deal with the Nets, his agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Outlaw has averaged 9.5 points and 3.4 rebounds in seven NBA seasons.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67974/20100708/outlaw_agrees_to_$25m_with_nets/#ixzz0t6gYpek1

well one guy crossed off my SF wish list

Thread Information