View Poll Results: How many NBA championships does Manu win without Duncan?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

40 54.05%
  • I love Nazis

34 45.95%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a lock for the HOF BTW.

If I'd be who you wanted
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

As a franchise player dirk is better cause of longevity. But a prime manu has a higher level of play.
    Just a couple of questions.

1)When was Manu's prime?
    2)How long it lasted?

Αlso I'd like an explanation for the ''higher level of play'' .

How you can prove that a prime Ginobili has a ''higher level of play''?Because he won the gold medal in Athens?Or because he won 3 rings playing with one of the 10 best players in the history of NBA?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What year did Manu have that was better than Dirks MVP year? Please tell me.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would be stupid not to choose Lebron.
    True. Manu Ginobili is like the last old rusty bullet, off a 1890 smith and wesson pistol. He may not be as glamorous as kobe/Lebron bullet, but he still kills you in the end.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu Ginobili and most of his fans are Nazi sympathizers.
    And don't you forget it!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you where to play one game to decide the championship of the NBA, you would be stupid not to choose Manu Ginobili to lead your team.
    I missed this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Got damn fkla is such a sack of .

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-Do you really thought Billups would win a championship as the alpha dog of a team?
    I was thinking about this. The 2004 Pistons proves that you don't need superstars on your team to win a championship. I think that if you put the right pieces around Ginobili he could be the alpha dog of a championship caliber team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was thinking about this. The 2004 Pistons proves that you don't need superstars on your team to win a championship. I think that if you put the right pieces around Ginobili he could be the alpha dog of a championship caliber team.
    You're using the one exception in NBA history as the rule. Classic

That Detroit team was one in a million. And pulled off a huge upset.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only teams dirk has ever led to any type of basketball championship, has been at his local Würzburg YMCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a couple of questions.

1)When was Manu's prime?
    2)How long it lasted?

Αlso I'd like an explanation for the ''higher level of play'' .

How you can prove that a prime Ginobili has a ''higher level of play''?Because he won the gold medal in Athens?Or because he won 3 rings playing with one of the 10 best players in the history of NBA?
    IMO because he has a more complete game than Nowitzki, when Manu is at his best he can score as well and efficiently as anybody, he dribles, has great court vision, makes his teamates better, is clutch, makes threes, attacks the basket, pretty much the whole package and on defense he always makes something happen, specially in the clutch (cue Mavsfans bringing up Manu's foul on dirk).

And to answer badfish, Manu's prime was from 2001 to 2005/06 I think if you put him in the position to lead a team during that time he would definitely make a good job. In the 2005 playoffs Manu was arguably the Spurs best player, if he can stay toe to toe with the best PF of all time I think he can do the same with Dirk.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think Mr. Bigshot is a superstar/star?? Look what he has done to the basketball culture of the Nuggets.

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're using the one exception in NBA history as the rule. Classic

That Detroit team was one in a million. And pulled off a huge upset.
    My point is: It's not an absurd to think that a championship team can be made having a player like Ginobili as the alpha dog. You just have to put the right players around him. Is it easy? Definitely not, but it's far from being impossible.

You don't think Mr. Bigshot is a superstar/star?? Look what he has done to the basketball culture of the Nuggets.
    Superstar? No.
    Last edited by Fernando TD21; 03-20-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammar

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying someone with a career average of 14.8 points per game who has made 1 all star game and has a grand total of 1 3rd all NBA team honors and no 2nd or 1st all NBA team honors is capable of being the alpha dog on a championship team, and you're calling my logic flawed?
    the 04-05 suns team, how many honors and les did it have?
    If I remember correctly:
    Nash MVP (1st or 2nd?)
    Dantoni COY
    Nash 1st team all nba
    Amare 2nd team all nba
    shawn marion 3 team all nba
    all 3 were all stars as well
    and you had a young "franchise" player in joe johnson

The best coach. The best player. And 2 bonafide sidekicks. and you got beat by...

tim duncan (last MVP was several seasons before, 1st team all NBA and all star but his career averages are statistically not particularly impressive)
    pop (a former COY himself)
    14.8ppg (all star that year, coaches pick)
    and tony parker (neither all nor star nor finals mvp till later)
    bruce mother ing bowen (french A1 league high scorer)

so are you really going to go by " les"?
    do you think nash was better than duncan that year? how about amare for that matter, a lot of fools said he had a bigger series because he dropped big numbers but anyone who really watched knew duncan was playing with him.
    that dantoni was better than pop?
    that marion was more valuable than bowen (not to mention manu and tp)?

so back to my original question you ignored...
    what are the stats/ les necessary to guarantee contender alpha dog status? of course you've got to say that it depends on the supporting cast.. but as the 04-05 suns show having a collection of award worthy players (and coach! ) doesnt guarantee contender status vs a less condecorated team. So how many more elite players do the suns need to finally win a ring like manu?

Phil Younghusband
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Help me out, which poll should I start?

1-How much better Manu's stats would be if he wouldn't have played his whole career in such a talented team and with a coach that overprotects his players' minutes.
    2-How much better would have Manu been if he would have goten to the league at age 20/21 and wouldn't have wasted 2 years of his prime adapting as a rookie and sop re to the NBA.
    3-How many all-stars would have Manu played if he wouldn't have accepted to come off the bench?
    4-Do you really thought Billups would win a championship as the alpha dog of a team?
    5-Do you really thought a team full of NBA stars would have been beaten by a team that had Pepe Sanchez, Andres Nocioni, Fabricio Oberto and Ruben Wolkowiski as 4 of its starters?
    In san antonio Manu found probably the best cradle for growth and Pop is just a great coach devious in cultivating youngsters, thence it would have taken him more years or never to establish himself as a star in NBA if he had joined another team tutored by a stubborn idiot like Carlisle.

It was Manu's poor stamina that makes him far more efficient playing off the bench than starting. 82 games are obviously too many for him to adapt to and Pop has to use him that way in order to reserve his energy for crunch minutes and playoffs, Manu also starts sometimes but it only happens few times in playoffs.

Just because Team USA meekly lost a couple pathetic games on international tournaments it doesn't mean they aren't better than Argentinians, it's just their underestimation on their opponents or deprecation to the tournaments that made them losers in international events. Once they really considers giving a about the international games, the ineradicable dream team turn unstoppable even to Spain Basketball team not to mention Argentiniards.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    spurfan overrates ginobil so much .

Lets first talk about whether or not Ginobili could lead a team to the playoffs without duncan

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Duncan could have won all 4 championships without Ginobili, saying he would have won any less is insulting.

Phil Younghusband
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    spurfan overrates ginobil so much .

Lets first talk about whether or not Ginobili could lead a team to the playoffs without duncan
    nowhere close to how much you rockets fans overrate the 7-foot-6 glass column, who's already broken in grits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu is a true champion something dallas knows nothing of!! their "leader" dirk? or wait j kidd? or wait j terry? which leader do you give the ball to during the playoffs??? even better during the finals?? its a team full of chokers!! hey but look they got 1 wcf trphy lmao god i hope dallas doesnt represent the west again

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    manu is a true champion something dallas knows nothing of!! their "leader" dirk? or wait j kidd? or wait j terry? which leader do you give the ball to during the playoffs??? even better during the finals?? its a team full of chokers!! hey but look they got 1 wcf trphy lmao god i hope dallas doesnt represent the west again

Do Nazis have a thing against using periods and capitalizing the first letter of every sentence?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I think if Manu was option number 1 like Wade or Kobe back when he was in his 20s Manu could have competed for a scoring le.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    the 04-05 suns team, how many honors and les did it have?
    If I remember correctly:
    Nash MVP (1st or 2nd?)
    Dantoni COY
    Nash 1st team all nba
    Amare 2nd team all nba
    shawn marion 3 team all nba
    all 3 were all stars as well
    and you had a young "franchise" player in joe johnson

The best coach. The best player. And 2 bonafide sidekicks. and you got beat by...

tim duncan (last MVP was several seasons before, 1st team all NBA and all star but his career averages are statistically not particularly impressive)
    pop (a former COY himself)
    14.8ppg (all star that year, coaches pick)
    and tony parker (neither all nor star nor finals mvp till later)
    bruce mother ing bowen (french A1 league high scorer)

so are you really going to go by " les"?
    do you think nash was better than duncan that year? how about amare for that matter, a lot of fools said he had a bigger series because he dropped big numbers but anyone who really watched knew duncan was playing with him.
    that dantoni was better than pop?
    that marion was more valuable than bowen (not to mention manu and tp)?

so back to my original question you ignored...
    what are the stats/ les necessary to guarantee contender alpha dog status? of course you've got to say that it depends on the supporting cast.. but as the 04-05 suns show having a collection of award worthy players (and coach! ) doesnt guarantee contender status vs a less condecorated team. So how many more elite players do the suns need to finally win a ring like manu?

Duncan was the alpha dog on the 2005 Spurs. Nash was the alpha dog on the 2005 Suns. Duncan is a way more decorated player than Nash, so idk what your point was, but it was re ed.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    In the 2005 playoffs Manu was arguably the Spurs best player

No, he wasn't.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What year did Manu have that was better than Dirks MVP year? Please tell me.

That one year he dominated B-list compe ion!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's always great when Manu or Parker fan tries pulling some lame ass "In X le year, Manu/Parker was arguably the Spurs' best player". Sure thing brah.

If you where to play one game to decide the championship of the NBA, you would be stupid not to choose Manu Ginobili to lead your team.
    Are you factoring in Manu's awesome ability to get injured at any given time?

Thread Information