View Poll Results: How many NBA championships does Manu win without Duncan?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

40 54.05%
  • I love Nazis

34 45.95%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got ourselves a bunch o' Natzi lovin sum es in here. Don't worry, the Basterds and I will sniff you sauerkraut sandwich eatin s out and give you a little somethin you can't take off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Answer my in question. Could Manu Ginobili be the alpha dog on an NBA team that makes the NBA finals. Why is it so hard to answer the question?
    If I had to bet on it Id say no, but the answer lies somewhere in between NBA Finals and no playoffs like you morons suggest. A prime Manu Ginobili with a solid post presence and surrounded with the right pieces would be at the very least a tough playoff team. And again why are you trying to diminsh Olympic basketball? Is it because it basically crushes your argument?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'll tell you one thing. I'd swap Barbosa + JRich for Ginobili annnnnnnyday of the ing week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a great 2nd/3rd option. Deadly in the clutch. Alpha Dog? Nope.
    A prime Manu Ginobili was arguably the second best SG in the NBA. Are you guys suggesting that is not alpha dog quality? The best player in the Olympics and the leader of the gold medal team isnt alpha dog quality? Look Im not saying he's Tim or Shaq or Kobe...a franchise with him as the centerpiece likely wouldnt win les. But it'd be compe ive playoff team, thats all. A prime Manu was more than capable of being an alpha dog.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If I had to bet on it Id say no, but the answer lies somewhere in between NBA Finals and no playoffs like you morons suggest. A prime Manu Ginobili with a solid post presence and surrounded with the right pieces would be at the very least a tough playoff team. And again why are you trying to diminsh Olympic basketball? Is it because it basically crushes your argument?

No it doesn't really. My argument is that Manu Ginobili is at best an NBA sidekick and that Dirk is a way better NBA player. If Manu's fan club wants to circle jerk to everything he did in the minor leagues then have fun. I could care less about Olympic ball and Manu being able to beat an American team with terrible chemistry and a bunch of players who had their own agenda. Either way, you just admitted that Manu can't carry an NBA team as far as Dirk can.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'll tell you one thing. I'd swap Barbosa + JRich for Ginobili annnnnnnyday of the ing week.

So would I.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    A prime Manu Ginobili was arguably the second best SG in the NBA.

Manu was never the 2nd best shooting guard in the NBA, hence why he's never been better than 3rd all NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn't really. My argument is that Manu Ginobili is at best an NBA sidekick and that Dirk is a way better NBA player. If Manu's fan club wants to circle jerk to everything he did in the minor leagues then have fun. I could care less about Olympic ball and Manu being able to beat an American team with terrible chemistry and a bunch of players who had their own agenda. Either way, you just admitted that Manu can't carry an NBA team as far as Dirk can.
    Dirk is a better player sure, I said that like two days ago since this argument started. It is by a smaller margin than you and Dirk slobbers make it seem though.

But anyways Im arguing against the fact that Manu wouldnt be capable of being an alpha dog and that he's just a sidekick. Again the fact that he played with the greatest PF of all-time doesnt diminish his ability. In his prime he was more than capable of being an alpha dog for a respectable playoff team, although not necessarily a championship team. Which is basically slightly less than what Dirk has been able to do.

Manu was never the 2nd best shooting guard in the NBA, hence why he's never been better than 3rd all NBA.
    Yeah because obviously all-nba and all-defensive teams are the tell all...

But lets play along, your saying the third best SG in the league wasnt capable of being the centerpiece of a franchise?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk is a better player sure, I said that like two days ago since this argument started. It is by a smaller margin than you and Dirk slobbers make it seem though.
    at you calling US the slobbers. Why would suns fans/hawk fan/Laker fans/other spur fans be Dirk slobbers? you sound like a ing re .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

But lets play along, your saying the third best SG in the league wasnt capable of being the centerpiece of a franchise?
    No, a guy who " averaged 14.8 points per game who has made 1 all star game and has a grand total of 1 3rd all NBA team honors" could not be a centerpiece for a franchise.

I don't think you are grasping how hard it is to be a centerpiece for a team. Teams game plan is focused all around that player, instead of Duncan and Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at you calling US the slobbers. Why would suns fans/hawk fan/Laker fans/other spur fans be Dirk slobbers? you sound like a ing re .
    You guys put him on this pedestal that he simply doesnt warrant, again he's the better player Ive conceded that much. Its just not by as wide of a margin as you Dirk lover make it seem. The fact that he played alongside the greatest PF of all time doesnt change that. LOL:

Give Dirk Duncans supporting cast (including coach) and he is not ringless, thats for sure. But lets not make this thread about Dirk.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Not the centerpiece of a successful franchise. No. He could be the centerpiece of a good little 45-50 win team if that's some sort of major achievement.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You guys put him on this pedestal that he simply doesnt warrant, again he's the better player Ive conceded that much. Its just not by as wide of a margin as you Dirk lover make it seem. The fact that he played alongside the greatest PF of all time doesnt change that. LOL:
    Crofl. You're still trying to make us seem like the Dirk lovers, instead of you just being a massive Manu homer. But keep circle jerking to Manu with your pal DAF.

And I don't see want you're lolling at. Duncans supporting cast was a ton better than Dirks.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I don't think you are grasping how hard it is to be a centerpiece for a team. Teams game plan is focused all around that player, instead of Duncan and Parker.

Manufan really struggles with this concept. They completely discount the fact Duncan takes tons of attention away from other players on offense. Different story if he had to deal with teams coming up with an elaborate defensive game plan for him every game.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I personally don't put Dirk in the same category as Duncan, but Manu isn't anywhere near either one.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I guess the people who vote on NBA awards and honors are "Dirk gobblers" since they clearly think Dirk is the superior player by a long shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, a guy who " averaged 14.8 points per game who has made 1 all star game and has a grand total of 1 3rd all NBA team honors" could not be a centerpiece for a franchise.

Oh you mean the same guy that was coming off the bench for the betterment of the team and playing under 30 mpg...sharing touches with that same PF whose "coattails he rode" and one of the best scoring PGs? Seriously you gots cant have it both ways, you cant on one hand say he had a solid supporting cast with the best PF ever and than on the other hand expect his stats to measure up to someone that actually was a centerpiece and getting the most touches on a team.

Either way that same guy who only averaged 14 ppg and has one all-star appearance, and who was a sixth man...turned into an absolute beast in the playoffs. Prompting not just "manufan" to call him one of the best SGs in the league but practically the entire country irregardless of him not having all-nba or all-star honors.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I personally don't put Dirk in the same category as Duncan
    Don't get me wrong, either do I. I just think Dirk would have won at least one ring, if he had Duncans supporting cast.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Either way that same guy who only averaged 14 ppg and has one all-star appearance, and who was a sixth man...turned into an absolute beast in the playoffs. Prompting not just "manufan" to call him one of the best SGs in the league but practically the entire country.

He had one noteworthy playoff year (04-05), other than that, he's been solid but nothing special. No one besides Spurfan considers Manu to be this deadly playoff machine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the centerpiece of a successful franchise. No. He could be the centerpiece of a good little 45-50 win team if that's some sort of major achievement.
    Or in other words a respectable playoff team like Ive been saying all along. Which sure isnt some great accomplishment but at the same time isnt astronomically less than what Dirk has been able to accomplish. Thanks for playing.

Don't get me wrong, either do I. I just think Dirk would have won at least one ring, if he had Duncans supporting cast.
    Did you even read my other post. Do you have any idea how much the Spurs depended on Duncan's low post game to draw double/triple teams (low post game that Dirk doesnt have). And how much they depended on him as the anchor of the defense (something Dirk is incapable of doing). He would be ringless even if he played for the Spurs (god forbid), FACT. Get off his .

He had one noteworthy playoff year (04-05), other than that, he's been solid but nothing special. No one besides Spurfan considers Manu to be this deadly playoff machine.
    That was his best year but certainly not his only great year. Manufan wasnt the only one proclaiming him to be one of the best SG in the entire league, irregardless of his lack of all-nba or all-star honors.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Being the "centerpiece" of a 45-50 win team is something tons of guys have done. None of them have ever won MVP doing it. Congrats to Manu Ginobili, he can accomplish as much as Michael Redd as the alpha dog.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Did you even read my other post. Do you have any idea how much the Spurs depended on Duncan's low post game to draw double/triple teams (low post game that Dirk doesnt have). And how much they depended on him as the anchor of the defense (something Dirk is incapable of doing). He would be ringless even if he played for the Spurs (god forbid), FACT. Get off his .
    No he wouldn't. Dirk draws a ton of double teams as well, just not as deep in the post. They could have changed their system up a tiny bit, don't you think. Tony Parker plays a game similar to Harris, just a lot better. Manu is the streaking shooter and dive cutter, which like Howards game but 10x better. Of course, Manu also handles the ball better than Howard ever could but thats besides the point. Don't even try to compare Avery with Coach Pop. Popovich would have found a way to make it work. Thinking the difference between Dirk and Duncan alone is 4 rings is crazy. Get off Manus and Duncans .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Congrats to Manu Ginobili, he can accomplish as much as Michael Redd as the alpha dog.
    Thats probably what Manu would be as an alpha dog. If Redd was able to play off Duncan and Parker, he would look really good too. And Spurfan would be sitting here saying "Man, I bet Redd would be a great franchise centerpiece. Redd>Dirk!"

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    IMO Dirk wouldn't win with Duncan's supporting cast, it wouldn't be a good fit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    IMO Dirk wouldn't win with Duncan's supporting cast, it wouldn't be a good fit.
    Maybe. But I think they would have found a way to make it work. Dirk+Manu+Parker as a core is a lot of talent to never win one ring. More talent than Dirk has ever gotten. This 09-10 mav team is the best team Dirk has been on, not only according to me, but according to many basketball analyst and Dirk himself.

Thread Information