View Poll Results: How many NBA championships does Manu win without Duncan?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

40 54.05%
  • I love Nazis

34 45.95%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Poll coming discuss.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough choice. Bull poll.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Manu was a great supporting player, but in no way was he a franchise guy. Couldnt lead a team deep into the playoffs.

cue DAF saying "HE WON N DE OLIMPACS!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At least Manu won an Olympic Gold medal. Unlike Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's overrated by some Spurs fans and underrated by other NBA fans.

To answer the question: 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    without duncan, manu would win more than or equal to the amount of championships won by the phoenix suns franchise from 1968 (inception) till 2025.

now for a harder question:
    how many MVPs, ROYs, COYs, ALL NBAers do the phoenix suns need on the same team to win a ring? I say 1 MVP, 1 COY, 3 all nba and another 2-3 all stars at minimum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many rings would dirk win with manu

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Give Dirk Duncans supporting cast (including coach) and he is not ringless, thats for sure. But lets not make this thread about Dirk.

I'm surprised ""I love Nazis" isn't winning. Must be a rally going on right now or something.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

To clarify: Manufan bugs me, I have respect for Manu as a player. Lets say they have a healthy Manu instead of Josh Howard in 2006 and the Mavs probably win the finals.

I don't believe shit JJ Hickson's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    @ homer spur fans who think Manu could ever carry a team. Obvious answer is zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey OP how many rings does Scottie win without MJ?

Give Dirk Duncans supporting cast (including coach) and he is not ringless, thats for sure. But lets not make this thread about Dirk.

I'm surprised ""I love Nazis" isn't winning. Must be a rally going on right now or something.
    Youre a ing moron, are you now basically putting Dirk on the same pedestal as a prime Tim Duncan? Do you even realize how the Spurs system operated, especially before Manu and Tony developed into all-stars. The offense consisted of throwing the ball down low into Tim and letting him go to work or if the double/triple team collapsed throw it out to the numerous shooters that came through San Antonio. Kind of hard to do that when your girl Dirk plays out on the perimeter. The defense was anchored by Tim Duncan. Kind of hard have a guy who at best is an average defender anchor the best defense in the NBA throughout practically the entire decade.

Dirk would be ringless even with the Spurs cast. Even if he miraculously developed the best low post game in the league and become the best defensive anchor in the league like Timmy, his destiny of being a choker would probably get in the way and keep him ringless.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Dirk can carry a team to the NBA finals, something Manu has never been able to do.

I don't believe shit JJ Hickson's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan- hall of famer

Dirk Nowitzki - hall of famer

Manu Ginobili - not a hall of famer

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Hey OP how many rings does Scottie win without MJ?

1) None
    2) If that was an attempt to compare Manu Ginobili to Scottie Pippen you should kill yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk can carry a team to the NBA finals, something Manu has never been able to do.
    Manu has carried a team with some talent but not the most talented, to the top as an alpha dog. Dirk hasnt. Also how many rings does Scottie win without MJ?

cue DAF saying "HE WON N DE OLIMPACS!"
    sorry, but are the olympics not basketball? do they not count for some reason?

1) None
    2) If that was an attempt to compare Manu Ginobili to Scottie Pippen you should kill yourself
    it was a way to show how re ed your logic is...the fact that Manu played alongside the greatest PF ever does not diminish his ability. nor does it determine that he was not capable of being an alpha dog, esp given what his team did in the 04' olympics.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Manu has carried a team with some talent but not the most talented, to the top as an alpha dog. Dirk hasnt. Also how many rings does Scottie win without MJ?

sorry, but are the olympics not basketball? do they not count for some reason?

NBA basketball is in a league of its own, stop harping on the Olympics. Do you seriously think Manu can carry a team to the NBA finals as the alpha dog, yes or no? It's a simple question.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan- hall of famer

Dirk Nowitzki - hall of famer

Manu Ginobili - not a hall of famer
    How many little league championships does Dirk have? I thought so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA basketball is in a league of its own, stop harping on the Olympics. Do you seriously think Manu can carry a team to the NBA finals as the alpha dog, yes or no? It's a simple question.
    weak ass, trying to diminish the olympics...theyre a legit compe ion full of NBA and NBA-caliber players. add in the whole emotion of playing for your country that goes for it and it isnt just some throw away compe ion.

would he take dirk's 06 team to the finals? of course not that team was built around dirk specifically. if you build a team around him though, with a solid low post prescence and the right pieces to surround that they'd be sucessful no doubt and at the very least a tough playoff team.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    the fact that Manu played alongside the greatest PF ever does not diminish his ability. nor does it determine that he was not capable of being an alpha dog, esp given what his team did in the 04' olympics.

So you're saying someone with a career average of 14.8 points per game who has made 1 all star game and has a grand total of 1 3rd all NBA team honors and no 2nd or 1st all NBA team honors is capable of being the alpha dog on a championship team, and you're calling my logic flawed?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    weak ass, trying to diminish the olympics...theyre a legit compe ion full of NBA and NBA-caliber players. add in the whole emotion of playing for your country that goes for it and it isnt just some throw away compe ion.

would he take dirk's 06 team to the finals? of course not that team was built around dirk specifically. if you build a team around him though, with a solid low post prescence and the right pieces to surround that they'd be sucessful no doubt and at the very least a tough playoff team.

Answer my in question. Could Manu Ginobili be the alpha dog on an NBA team that makes the NBA finals. Why is it so hard to answer the question?

Each Day Offers Potential Darrin's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    We 11 Nazis on the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a great 2nd/3rd option. Deadly in the clutch. Alpha Dog? Nope.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Manu is a great 2nd/3rd option. Deadly in the clutch. Alpha Dog? Nope.
    Exactly.

Regardless, I still love Nazis.

Thread Information