Page 112 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4038
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I already asked my dad to buy it for me... gonna be a great read tbh
    Gonna get one too

Pages are about to get sticky

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Gonna get one too

Pages are about to get sticky
    tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I'll never forget that argentina - italy semifinal tbh, italian fans booed the life out of everything except that match. maradona truly was a far bigger icon than messi, it's actually similar with the jordan-lebron comparison, one is the face of the game while another was above the game. And to think maradona accomplished all that he did while coking on the regular and eating questionably ... just imagine this dude growing up at barcelona .. and people say misty is better smh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

found this comment on that video

Diego is the greatest. You have to take into consideration you could actually tackle in those days, give someone a "reducer" or two or four until you even got a warning from the referee... That's why players like Tommy Smith can't even walk today because of the punishment they went through. Then you take into account his height and weight, the strength and endurance he showed against men much bigger than him, in an age where a cheeky elbow or an attempt to break your legs were common place; during his career the actual game physically changed - the average distance ran during a game more than doubled - which meant as he developed the game did in a degree never seen before and yet he stayed at the top, internationally he did something very few players have been able to do...Cristiano has just done it for my be-lovered Portugal and people are talking about what a great achievement it is for him to do it, and that's true, but Maradona did it first and at the World Cup no less! Then you can to look at domestic and not only his scoring at a young age but the achievements with Napoli. Being half Italian, and my family being from Roma, I can tell you that a club the size of Roma still, still, have only won the league 3 times in their history. In Italy, the north has money the south struggle. It has always been this way hence Milano and Torino as cities and as clubs have a far more illustrious history, and despite going to the hardest league in the world, and at best being 4th or 5th favourites at the beginning of the year, Napoli won two leagues with his huge influence. That would be like Messi going to Valencia or Sevilla and them winning the league 2 out of 3 years... Can you realistically see that happening? It's easy when you have the best teammates but what when you don't? Messi has proven at international level he can't do it. No Xavi or Iniesta! Maradona was in that same boat internationally and at Napoli and yet he won! When was the last time someone tried to break Messi's legs? When was the last time that happened 20 times in a game? I'm willing to bet never. Messi is undoubtably an amazing player but the game is much more in favour to him. Ask yourself, if you swapped both around, would Maradona play better in todays game? I would say yes. Would Messi play worse in the 80s than he would today? I would also say yes. I think almost every player would and yet the argument is always so close and often by people who haven't watched enough of Maradona to say. For what Maradona went through and gave when everything suggested failure and still be held up as the greatest or one of the top 3 in my eyes just shows him to be the greatest. That old saying "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is so relevant. Messi has had it easy, Maradona hasn't and yet skill and ability you cannot argue between the two... This is why Maradona is the greatest.
    damn sons this just went all in tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I'll never forget that argentina - italy semifinal tbh, italian fans booed the life out of everything except that match. maradona truly was a far bigger icon than messi, it's actually similar with the jordan-lebron comparison, one is the face of the game while another was above the game. And to think maradona accomplished all that he did while coking on the regular and eating questionably ... just imagine this dude growing up at barcelona .. and people say misty is better smh
    Not to mention he shat on Italian fans in .... Napoli

That's MJ levels of ruthless Alphaness

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    ^ I honestly did not see that much of Pele tbh so I don't argue too much when the take is Pele is the greatest and Maradona second. I'd say those two are on top of the list with a groupe of other players quite far away from them.

Maradona is a legend

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    "except that match". Italians booed everything about that match, even our ing anthem.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    "except that match". Italians booed everything about that match, even our ing anthem.
    son maradona belongs to that absolutely rare class of players who are greater than the world cup, and who win them or almost win them ALONE: '86 maradona or '06 zidane are solid examples, players who dictate the game, score the big goals, and transcend the game to become icons.

Missi hasn't won , hasn't dominated a single tournament, lost with the #1 seed 4 times in copa america, including one at home (2007, 2011, 2015, 2016) ... and he has been utterly unimpressive at the world cup, performing like a regular world class player (suarez, penaldo, xavi, etc). The most relevant NT tournament image of missi is misty tbh , cucked by an absolutely pedestrian chile team. Messi is just a barcelona icon and all this missi = god is just salty nonsense.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I would put Zidane 06 just behind Diego 86

ZZ was a maestro in 06 but Ribery's performance is criminally underrated

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I would put Zidane 06 just behind Diego 86

ZZ was a maestro in 06 but Ribery's performance is criminally underrated
    the only other player that constantly put in work for that team. Tbh after zidane retired the first time it was obvious just how much he elevated the other players around him, both on and off the pitch, ribery has always been very talented but a 2nd fiddle star imo.

and that '06 tournament was staaaacked as , some of these rosters sons italy/netherlands/argentina/brazil/france/england/portugal/spain even sweden/ivory coast/ghana/ukraine were loaded. Damn tbh, that was a great world cup, best I've ever seen imo, I'll tell my grandchildren about how I saw it live
    Last edited by dfens; 05-11-2017 at 01:44 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son maradona belongs to that absolutely rare class of players who are greater than the world cup, and who win them or almost win them ALONE: '86 maradona or '06 zidane are solid examples, players who dictate the game, score the big goals, and transcend the game to become icons.

Missi hasn't won , hasn't dominated a single tournament, lost with the #1 seed 4 times in copa america, including one at home (2007, 2011, 2015, 2016) ... and he has been utterly unimpressive at the world cup, performing like a regular world class player (suarez, penaldo, xavi, etc). The most relevant NT tournament image of missi is misty tbh , cucked by an absolutely pedestrian chile team. Messi is just a barcelona icon and all this missi = god is just salty nonsense.
    Messi=WC Golden ball winner.

Anyways, what does any of that have to do with the point of my original comment? Goalpost moving much?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    '06 Zidane.

Losing his country a WC just because someone said something meany about his mummy.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    '06 Zidane.

Losing his country a WC just because someone said something meany about his mummy.
    won a world cup scoring twice in the final, won a euro, had the 2nd most dominant run in history (after '86) at ANOTHER world cup, again scored in the final, giving France a huge over-achievement in one of the most loaded world cups in history (seriously just check the rosters, mind boggling). Yes the headbutt was tragic but that's how the story goes, not all players as pussified teary midgets, some of them have strong spines and some were already 'EC 'WC led.

Son you've been extra salty lately tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi=WC Golden ball winner.

Anyways, what does any of that have to do with the point of my original comment? Goalpost moving much?
    son, I agree that messi was the best player at that tournament and has been the best in the last 6-7 years. What's his is his and I won't deny. What I'll say is that maradona would've won that match, simple as that, same level of talent but diego's heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> misty's heart and the rings show it. Compared to the compe ion diego also won with weaker teams.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    won a world cup scoring twice in the final, won a euro, had the 2nd most dominant run in history (after '86) at ANOTHER world cup, again scored in the final, giving France a huge over-achievement in one of the most loaded world cups in history (seriously just check the rosters, mind boggling). Yes the headbutt was tragic but that's how the story goes, not all players as pussified teary midgets, some of them have strong spines and some were already 'EC 'WC led.

Son you've been extra salty lately tbh.
    Again with the goal post moving son. You brought up '06 Zidane. Try to stay on topic.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son, I agree that messi was the best player at that tournament and has been the best in the last 6-7 years. What's his is his and I won't deny. What I'll say is that maradona would've won that match, simple as that, same level of talent but diego's heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> misty's heart and the rings show it. Compared to the compe ion diego also won with weaker teams.
    Messi has considerably much more silverware than Maradona.

Regarding the typical, short minded, incomprobable comment: "maradona would've won that match" just let me tell you that Maradona played two WC finals in his life and, aside from a pass, he really didn't do much on either, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi has considerably much more silverware than Maradona.

Regarding the typical, short minded, incomprobable comment: "maradona would've won that match" just let me tell you that Maradona played two WC finals in his life and, aside from a pass, he really didn't do much on either, tbh.
    Lmao he won them at barcelona in a 2-team league and in 6-team UCL, that's bill russell levels of food stamps.

and @maradona ... that's 50% of argentina's finals and rings AND the greatest tournament in history in '86.
    What does misty have besides a lucky (tbh) finals appearance? in an unimpressive tournament tbh. Who did he beat? A GOAT england squad? An exceptional italy squad in italy? Maybe a great brazil squad? Maybe the goat belgian side? A strong uruguay? No son, he beat iran, nigeria, greece, a young belgium and dieing netherlands... that's it.
    Last edited by dfens; 05-11-2017 at 02:14 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    That GIF doesn't apply here but, it, since we are at it...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    That GIF doesn't apply here but, it, since we are at it...

I'd be salty too if I were a misty fan and someone just shown me that maradona won more, with weaker teams, against FAR better opposition while also exposing misty for receiving the bill russell treatment of getting all his silverware in 2-team and 6-team leagues.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I'd be salty too if I were a misty fan and someone just shown me that maradona won more, with weaker teams, against FAR better opposition while also exposing misty for receiving the bill russell treatment of getting all his silverware in 2-team and 6-team leagues.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    dfens doing work

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Damn... I'm concerned about DAF, he is not a meltdown kind of guy but recently he is pissed and salty about everything... hope he will go back soon to his former self tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Manu > Messi

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Hard to disagree tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Folks here trying to sell the idea that I'm salty when I couldn't be happier.

To me it looks like the salty ones are others, because it doesn't matter what happens, most of the people in this World think this way:

"He is the best. The best there is. The best there has ever been. Possibly the best there will ever be."

Thread Information