Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4038
    My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Best of the best by eras: Distefano, Pele, Cryuff, Maradona and now Messi.

Only two of them won the WC.
    at least Cryuff played a legendary final son, Messi has yet to play a great game during a WC

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    at least Cryuff played a legendary final son, Messi has yet to play a great game during a WC
    Cruyff played in 2 legendary WC Finals

Missi

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Cruyff played in 2 legendary WC Finals

Missi
    I agree on the Missi but Cruyff actually played on one singe WC final, he wasn't part of the 78 team.

Nevertheless in 74 he was named player of the tournament destroying by the way Argentina.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I agree on the Missi but Cruyff actually played on one singe WC final, he wasn't part of the 78 team.

Nevertheless in 74 he was named player of the tournament destroying by the way Argentina.
    ah you are right

All those floppy haired stoned gouda smokers looked all the same TBH

If Cruyff played, he would have ted on Argentina TBH

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    No, no way. Doesn't account. Only thing that counts is trophies. Cruyff is not a legend.

WC or bust es.

My Team
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Post Count

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    No, no way. Doesn't account. Only thing that counts is trophies. Cruyff is not a legend.

WC or bust es.
    sorry but Cruyff is a legend

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

You gotta know by know that lefty doesn't let facts get in the way of his arguments.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    But thanks for bringing Cruyff up tbh. That's the perfect case to ilustrate that no matter how good a player is, the team is always the most important thing. Holland was so good that even without its best player in '78 they were still able to get to the final and almost win the entire thing.

What if Holland would have won that final? (they hit the post on the 90th minute with the score 1-1). Would have that meant that they were a better team without Cruyff or that Cruyff wasn't all that good? No, it means that Holland was a great team regardless and that there's a lot of randomness that comes into play on a tournament with a knock out stage that it's played once every four years. If you don't get that then your reasoning abilities are limitated. I saiddddddddddd.
    Last edited by DAF86; 10-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    You make it seem like he will never play amazingly on a World Cup Son you're talking about a player who's ending up on the Top 5 no matter what, what he does in the WC is just a cherry on top. How dare you speak like that to a player who's just seen every 100 years or so.. Also I don't know if you've seen him with Argentina recently... Last I've heard he's doing incredibly well, I'd bump this thread when the WC arrives and we see "Missi" scoring 2 to 3 goals each match he plays...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    You make it seem like he will never play amazingly on a World Cup Son you're talking about a player who's ending up on the Top 5 no matter what, what he does in the WC is just a cherry on top. How dare you speak like that to a player who's just seen every 100 years or so.. Also I don't know if you've seen him with Argentina recently... Last I've heard he's doing incredibly well, I'd bump this thread when the WC arrives and we see "Missi" scoring 2 to 3 goals each match he plays...
    get your facts straight son

- he never played amazingly on a WC
    - he is not top 5 without a great WC, we are not talking about a talent lost in the middle of a ty NT, we are talking about Argentina
    - every 100 years yeah because Pele, Maradona, Garrincha, Beckenbauer, Cruyff... are from last century
    - yes he is doing amazingly great with NT but not in WC so we don't care
    - son I have no issue with bumping what you want, I'm a fan of Argentina and I will give Messi his due when he will bring a legendary WC or a le to his country. Until that I'm at those who compare him to Maradona

gob bless you and your family son

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

- he never played amazingly on a WC
    - he is not top 5 without a great WC, we are not talking about a talent lost in the middle of a ty NT, we are talking about Argentina
    - every 100 years yeah because Pele, Maradona, Garrincha, Beckenbauer, Cruyff... are from last century
    - yes he is doing amazingly great with NT but not in WC so we don't care
    - son I have no issue with bumping what you want, I'm a fan of Argentina and I will give Messi his due when he will bring a legendary WC or a le to his country. Until that I'm at those who compare him to Maradona

Since when your opinion=facts?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Since when your opinion=facts?
    all I mentioned are facts son

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    all I mentioned are facts son

- he never played amazingly on a WC -Your opinion. He played the best game of all individuals in the 2010 WC against Nigeria (rated with a 10 by every rating I saw), against North Korea, Greece and Mexico he played great too and against Germany he declined his level but was still the best Argie player alongside Mascherano.
    - he is not top 5 without a great WC, we are not talking about a talent lost in the middle of a ty NT, we are talking about Argentina. -Again, your opinion. Most already place him among the top 5 all-time even THE best ever.
    - yes he is doing amazingly great with NT but not in WC so we don't care -You don't care.
    - son I have no issue with bumping what you want, I'm a fan of Argentina and I will give Messi his due when he will bring a legendary WC or a le to his country. Until that I'm at those who compare him to Maradona. -Again, your opinion

A fact for example are the 301 goals that Messi has scored in his career son, God bless.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    insecure Zidane fans

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    messi didn't have "great game" or didn't have "the best performance of all individuals" during the WC, how can you say that? we all saw the games, now you're reaching.

and he needs to advance far in a WC to be considered a legend. imo, there's 80% chances it will happen.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    A fact for example are the 301 goals that Messi has scored in his career son, God bless.
    son... Nigeria, North Korea, Greece and Mexico really ?
    Who cares about having a great player for friendly games tbh ? you ?
    Maradona lead to one WC and a final, these are facts

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    messi didn't have "great game" or didn't have "the best performance of all individuals" during the WC, how can you say that? we all saw the games, now you're reaching.

and he needs to advance far in a WC to be considered a legend. imo, there's 80% chances it will happen.
    If you say that he didn't have any great games during the WC then I question whether you trully saw him play/your fotball analysis/truthness. tbh.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...a-nigeria-live

That's it. Argentina should have won by five or six, yet they were not especially convincing with the inevitable exception of Lionel Messi.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...888&ver=global

By midway through the second half of Saturday's match, with Vincent Enyeama having made a string of great saves to deny him, the TV commentators confirmed Argentina had become a 'Messi-dependent' side.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...04/default.stm

A vociferous Ellis Park crowd showed their appreciation for the entertainment on show, particularly that provided by Argentine forward Lionel Messi, who was the standout performer, creating opportunities for others and on a number of occasions drawing superb saves from impressive Super Eagles keeper Vincent Enyeama.
    I tried to find the ratings but couldn't, way too old but I remember clearly that Messi and the Nigerian goalkeeper were both rated with a 10 by most ratings.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son... Nigeria, North Korea, Greece and Mexico really ?
    Who cares about having a great player for friendly games tbh ? you ?
    Maradona lead to one WC and a final, these are facts
    Cannavaro lead Italy to a WC but no sane person would say that he's better than Messi. These are facts too son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Post Count
    Shea > Cannavaro > Messi

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

That's just a re ed opinion all around, please tell me you're trolling.

Let's say he scores a hat-trick on every game group game, then he scores another hat-trick in the round of 16 but Argentina loses 4-3 and gets eliminated. Is it his fault?

Now let's look at it the other way around, he does nothing during the whole WC but Argentina ends up winning it all. Does he sudenly become a legend because of this?

Messi is already a legend even if he retires tonight.

My Team
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Post Count

Let's say he scores a hat-trick on every game group game, then he scores another hat-trick in the round of 16 but Argentina loses 4-3 and gets eliminated. Is it his fault?

Now let's look at it the other way around, he does nothing during the whole WC but Argentina ends up winning it all. Does he sudenly become a legend because of this?

Yes. A true legend wouldn't score a hat trick and let his team lose.

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count

we're allowed to disagree.

as for your example, it was implied in my post messi had to be good during those elimination games.

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    i'll also say i think he'll become a legend at the end of his career, not now

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    we're allowed to disagree.

as for your example, it was implied in my post messi had to be good during those elimination games.
    You know that if he plays so-so for Argentina but they end up winning the WC, everybody will say how much of a legend he is and how he lead his team to the championship when in fact he wouldn't have done anything special. It has happened before with a lot of players.

Thread Information