Page 63 of 162 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4038
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    People are still arguing about this? Messi won, didn't deserve but won, just accept it.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    messi the most overrated hack...seems like fifa jews and nike are doing whatever to make him look like jordan with consecutive straight player of the year awards to sell the game...

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    messi the most overrated hack...seems like fifa jews and nike are doing whatever to make him look like jordan with consecutive straight player of the year awards to sell the game...
    Nike doesn't even sponsor Messi, that would be Adidas. Nike = Trisiano

LOL you clowns can't be serious with Ronaldo deserving the award. In my opinion, if Real won the Champions League, Ronaldo would have won, and rightfully so. But on teams so stacked like Barca and Real, you can't just say, "well, whoever wins 1 trophy, as long as it's La Liga or UCL, that player deserves it". The chances for Barca or Madrid to win La Liga from the beginning of the season are about 50/50, both teams are uber stacked, both are capable of handling the rest of the league. Maybe you can say that if both teams are inspired and healthy, Barca has a 55% shot at winning La Liga and Madrid a 45% shot. Overcoming that 5% and winning isn't that big of a deal, especially when tons of world class players contributed.

If the star player's team wins 2 major trophies, such as the UCL and domestic league, that's a different story. Sure, Ronaldo's team won a more important trophy than Messi's, but Messi's insane consistency for club and country over the past year outweighs the difference in importance of La Liga and Copa del Rey. Messi had an insane year, broke a record that had been around forever. He also always has more assists than Ronaldo, a fact. On top of all of this, football/soccer isn't entirely a stats sport. If any unbiased soccer fan watches both Messi and Ronaldo play, they will undoubtedly tell you Messi impacts the game more than Ronaldo.

If you believe Messi unfairly won in a previous year, fine. But you can't neglect him this year, he had an insane season that will probably not be replicated again/in a long time (by any player), and if so, no more than anywhere from 1-5 times in the next 100 years. It's the rarity that makes this season so great, it's not merely an exchange with 2 seasons ago when Ronaldo won the Spanish Cup and Messi won La Liga (of course they also won the UCL that year), while both having similar amount of goals. Ronaldo has never done something like this, nor has anyone in several decades.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    You guys are basically saying that while Messi and Ronaldo are at their respective clubs and assuming neither wins the Champions League that particular year, whoever wins La Liga should be defacto Ballon D'Or winner. That's basically what it all boils down to.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo is awful. He's finished.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    People are still arguing about this? Messi won, didn't deserve but won, just accept it.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    and the algerian captain voted for benzema. Maybe they're all homers, not just lefty
    Yeah I saw that

Bougherra is such a dumb
    Its only a matter of time before Vahid finds someone better and kicks that fatass out of the team

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    Soccer, more so than most sports, is heavily dependent on the entire team (11 players) and its chemistry. You don't typically win a major domestic le or European le without having a very solid team, ground up. You need a very good keeper, very strong, consistent defenders, many skilled attacking players, and a deep bench. Championships are not individual accomplishments, they are team accomplishments. Madrid were champs of Spain, fair and square, just like Chelsea were champs of Europe. Championships are obviously the metric we have to establish the best team of whichever compe ion it is.

The Ballon D'Or is an individual award. Putting too much weight on any 1 team championship to decide this award is inherently flawed. That's why we consider many factors in deciding the player of the year. In 2012, it was Lionel Messi, hands down.

Did Madrid have greater La Liga success over Barcelona mainly due to Ronaldo, or was it more so the combination of David Villa being out all year, many injuries to the back four and other key players, and Pep Guardiola growing bored of his dominance and thus ing with the lineup, trying 3-4-3 formations, testing players like Cuenca and Tell, etc? Madrid had a great year in conjunction with the above factors and Barca possibly not being as inspired as in years past, having already won everything many times.

Madrid was better than Barca, Messi was better than Ronaldo.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    Why are people still feeding the trolls? Its become painfully obvious that Bynumite knows absolutely nothing about football and is just trolling the out of you. Let the jackasses whine about Messi winning. Ain't going to change a thing. He won it, he deserved it and that's plain for anybody to see.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi deserved every single ballon d'or he has won, this award isn't about who won the most important trophies, it's about who performed better individually. And Messi has performed better than any individual in each of the past 4 years. Just deal with it and stop being a hater and/or an uneducated poster.

I have spoken.

Yeah I saw that

Bougherra is such a dumb
    Its only a matter of time before Vahid finds someone better and kicks that fatass out of the team
    Good luck with that

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Good luck with that
    Oh he will find someone better; dont worry

Believe.
    Post Count
    This is very simple to me.

If I have to build a team from scratch today, which player would I pick first (all of them available)? Thatīs the best player on the world and award winner.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I would pick Iniesta TBH

Oh he will find someone better; dont worry
    I'm not worried my friend but this is Algeria we're talking about so once again... good luck with that

This is very simple to me.

If I have to build a team from scratch today, which player would I pick first (all of them available)? Thatīs the best player on the world and award winner.
    Regardless of the age, I’ll build my team around Iniesta, Xavi or Pirlo.
    IMO, Messi is the best player in the world but he does not make the others much better (same logic applies to Ronaldo)

I would pick Iniesta TBH
    Xavi is the centerpiece tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I'm not worried my friend but this is Algeria we're talking about so once again... good luck with that
    And good luck winning another WC without an Algerian playmaker

Gooooooooooooooooooood luck

Gourcuff

The "next Zidane"

White French players

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Regardless of the age, I’ll build my team around Iniesta, Xavi or Pirlo.
    IMO, Messi is the best player in the world but he does not make the others much better (same logic applies to Ronaldo)
    Xavi is the centerpiece tbh
    This!

I take Xavi.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    If Xavi couldn't win the award over Messi in 2010 no way in they're giving it to someone like Iniesta this time around.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I bet you guys would also pick Pippen over Jordan on the NBA of the 90's.

Believe.
    Post Count
    ...Or one of Gerson-Tostao-Rivelino-Jairzinho over Pele in the 70īs.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Damn Tostao was good

Fail. Neither is a playmaker or makes everybody else much better.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Fail. Neither is a playmaker or makes everybody else much better.
    So you would take John Stockton over Jordan.

P/S: lol at not being a playmaker. Nobody had more assists than Messi in the last 4 years. But go ahead and talk out of your ass.

Thread Information