Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bonner isn't hitting his shots, Pop better be playing Mcdyess extended mins. This is the reason why we got Mcdyess.

And RJ, you better show up. Show some pride and play aggressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill needs to be moved from 10 to like 5. He is crucial in this series on both ends of the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. Rebounding
    Fail. Spurs got out-rebounded 45-37. The Mavs have now outrebounded the Spurs in 12 of the last 13 playoff games between the two teams.
    It's easy to get a defensive rebound when you have 4 players in the lane when the shot goes up. Dirk pretty much collapses to the lane any time he is off the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 2:

10. George Hill's Health
    Pass. He was definitely healthier than Game 1.

9. Tony Parker vs. Jason Terry
    Push. TP and JT basically canceled each other out.

8. Tim Duncan and Foul Trouble
    Push. TD got in foul trouble early but he stayed out of foul trouble the rest of the way.

7. Shooters Stepping Up
    Pass. The Spurs got big shots from a number of players.

6. Transition Defense
    Fail. The Mavs scored 18 points in transition.

5. Limiting Turnovers
    Pass. The Spurs only had nine turnovers.

4. Make Dirk Work
    Pass. McDyess and Bonner did their jobs.

3. Pop and Common Sense
    Pass. Pop did what we all wanted.

2. Rebounding
    Pass. For only the second time in the last 14 Spurs vs. Mavs playoff games, the Spurs outrebounded the Mavs. Both wins, by the way.

1. Manu Ginobili
    Pass. Ginobili continues his stellar play.

7-1-2 equaled a Spurs victory to tie the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the transition defense in Game 2 was nothing to write home about. I just hope the Spurs come out of the gates with the same kind of intensity they showed in that game tonight.

I don't see why the big three shouldn't continue to play well. They certainly look healthy enough to do so. Dice continuing to do good work against Nowitzki and rebounding well would be huge.
    RJ probably won't be playing as well as he did in Game 2, but if he could give us around 15 PPG and not revert to his passive ways, I for one would be pleased.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I see why Timvp was so confident with our chances against Dallas. A really healthy Big Three means we only need any other player (Hill, Dice, RJ are more than capable of doing so) to step up for us to get a win.

Considering last two months I guess we expected Manu playing like he's playing, TP is playing well enough and will get better and better, Tim is the surprise, I didn't expect to see him THAT sharp. It's not that he had a good game, I don't even remember last time I saw him totally healthy come playoff time. Even on bad nights he'll make a great impact for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

10. George Hill's Health

check

in the end they will cancel each other out

don't think this will be a major issue

7. Shooters Stepping Up

this is the huge questionmark

6. Transition Defense

it will be fine

5. Limiting Turnovers

need to continue doing this

4. Make Dirk Work

done

3. Pop and Common Sense
    non issue

2. Rebounding
    we should be ok

1. Manu Ginobili
    not worried about this

looking good so far so good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now that it's over, let's check timvp's key points:

10. George Hill's Health

OK. he was healthy and very good.

OK. without being the best PO TP he can be, he won that matchup quite easily. he averaged almost 16 ppg at 50 % and 5.7 apg versus almost 13 ppg at 40 % FG and 2 apg for Terry. He, as terry often does for the mavs out of the bench, made many clutch shots. Still, i didn't see it as a matchup between those two as timvp did since, even coming from the bench, they don't have the same role in their respective team.

OK for foul trouble. Even if Tim wasn't dominating, he was here on the court for many minutes helping in a lot of areas.

7. Shooters Stepping Up

no. a game won without any 3 pts shot made, mason and bonner horrible in that aspect. Only hill and Manu really helped in that area.

6. Transition Defense

well, good enough to win four games. We lost when it wasn't here in those 2 games.

5. Limiting Turnovers

As transition defense, you see when we succeed in that aspect by looking at the final result of the games. Manu and Tim didn't do so well in that aspect.

4. Make Dirk Work

Dice made a good job, as good as it can be, and even Bonner and Bogans, in their limited time, weren't too bad. dirk was the best player of the serie but still, he wasn't too unstoppable except in game 1.

3. Pop and Common Sense

OK. Pop was quiet and poised.

2. Rebounding

OK.

1. Manu Ginobili

Not really. as expected we needed our big three playing well and help from the supporting cast to win the serie and not to rely only of a super manu like many and timvp implied. Actually, manu was far from being super manu even if he could have been arguably the best spur (very close call since a lot of players stepped up). We were able to win with him playing poorly in some game (game 4 mainly), which is kind of the story of this serie where some players stepped up in some games to make for their teamate quiet night.
    Still, manu delivered, as he should like each of the big 3 in order for the spurs to compete in the PO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Manu Ginobili

Not really. as expected we needed our big three playing well and help from the supporting cast to win the serie and not to rely only of a super manu like many and timvp implied. Actually, manu was far from being super manu even if he could have been arguably the best spur (very close call since a lot of players stepped up). We were able to win with him playing poorly in some game (game 4 mainly), which is kind of the story of this serie where some players stepped up in some games to make for their teamate quiet night.
    Still, manu delivered, as he should like each of the big 3 in order for the spurs to compete in the PO.
    I think manu should feel better as his nose improves, he was on an absolute tear before the injury. And we need him @ elite level to compete in these PO.

Thread Information