My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think so. they have ridiculous amounts talent (dubiously assembled of course)and have quality players in every single position. there hasnt been a team as stacked as these Lakers since...well, probably the Lakers of the '80's.

the difference in surrounding talent between Kobe's lakers and anyone hes compared to, especially jordan's bulls is just laughable. when Kobe is done and the championship numbers are totaled, they should always be accompanied by an asterisk. can you even imagine if Jordan or Duncan or Hakeem had the teams around them Kobe has had?

I'm all out of bubble gum Crytek's Avatar
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    think again
    [of all the teams in the last 25 years. including this year]

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i think so. they have ridiculous amounts talent (dubiously assembled of course)and have quality players in every single position. there hasnt been a team as stacked as these Lakers since...well, probably the Lakers of the '80's.

the difference in surrounding talent between Kobe's lakers and anyone hes compared to, especially jordan's bulls is just laughable. when Kobe is done and the championship numbers are totaled, they should always be accompanied by an asterisk. can you even imagine if Jordan or Duncan or Hakeem had the teams around them Kobe has had?
    Yep. Pippen, Rodman, and Grant were total crap. How he won with those bums is testament to the greatness of St. Mike.

PS - your post is an excellent example of the Kobe Corollary, wherein any tangentially related topic becomes an avenue to bash Kobe in the hands of a fine analyst such as yourself.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People will say this, but still have us losing to the 03 Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More props for LeBron and Wade if they are able to win the tle against the most stacked team of the last 25 years.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's debatable whether they are even the most stacked team THIS YEAR to many.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's debatable whether they are even the most stacked team THIS YEAR to many.
    Which will only add to their dynasty's legacy when they 3peat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

trying to be snake oil salesman or history revisionist huh? So When has Duncan ever played with the likes of Chuckey Atkins, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Chis Mihm...didn't think so...shut your pie hole you weasel...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest payroll in 50 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

when you're right, you're right

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Lakers the most Stacked team in 25 years?

I won't know till I see some 'topless' team photos and frankly speaking, I have no desire to view them at the present time. But, thank you anyway!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so when was the last time you could find:

(by far) best front court in the nba

the best wing player in the nba (best PLAYER in the world period)

best wing defender in the nba (former DPOY)

best 6th man in the nba (odom)

all on the SAME TEAM?

the Heat have 2 great wing players, one decent big and Nothing surrounding them. the have enormous Potential, but they dont even have an actual TEAM yet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so when was the last time you could find:

(by far) best front court in the nba

the best wing player in the nba (best PLAYER in the world period)

best wing defender in the nba (former DPOY)

best 6th man in the nba (odom)

all on the SAME TEAM?

the Heat have 2 great wing players, one decent big and Nothing surrounding them. the have enormous Potential, but they dont even have an actual TEAM yet.
    The Heat have 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA. That in and of itself is huge... talent is not evenly distributed, the value of #1 over #5 is much greater than #5 over #10 and so on.

That "decent" big of which you speak is a top 15 player.

The "nothing" surrounding them is a bunch of excellent role players in Haslem, Miller, and Arroyo. I cannot emphasize enough how big it is for Miami to have these guys in the rotation. Very valuable players.

Their center position is a black hole. Everywhere else they have tremendous options.

In other words, you're about as off base as it gets WRT this Heat team.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Most stacked team is Dallas.

/end thread.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At the beginning of the season:"lol lakers suck, spurs/celtics/cavs/magic/denver>lakers.

When lakers win the chip':"lol well lakers had the most stacked team in 100 years anyway, and they still managed to lose 2 games to THE THUNDER!!!!".

Thread Information