Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...2D6C5CD6FEB7D1

IRVING, Texas - Following the Cowboys' selection of wide receiver Dez Bryant with their first-round pick on Thursday, wide receivers Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have asked to be traded.

A FOXSports.com report Friday said the Cowboys have also called other teams in an attempt to trade defensive end Marcus Spears and linebacker Bobby Carpenter. After Friday's second and third rounds were completed, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed the two receivers were on the block.

"Those would be probably bottom half of today and third-day picks," Jones said. "We'd be looking for some threes there. From about 8 o'clock (Friday) night down."

With the selection of Bryant, only the second receiver the Cowboys have chosen in the first round during the Jones era, the writing was on the wall for two players who came to the team with much less fanfare. Crayton was a seventh-round pick in 2004 from tiny Northwest Oklahoma State, while Northern Illinois' Hurd came in as an undrafted free agent in 2006.

Crayton rose from promising sleeper to trusted No. 2 receiver, all the while giving the team value as a punt returner. In six seasons with the Cowboys he has 196 catches for 2,888 yards with 23 touchdowns, returning two punts for scores in 2009. Hurd has 31 catches in four seasons, but has been one of the team's most consistent special teams players.

Jones said he was willing to honor their wishes for a trade, but didn't guarantee a move would be made.

"Both of those receivers I have such respect for," Jones said. "And I know what they've given to our team and what they may give to the team in the future. I respect their sensitivity and I understand that. We all, I think, should understand when Dez Bryant enters the scene that that's compe ion."

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    did those guys ever think that maybe if they didn't suck, Dallas wouldn't have to draft Dez Bryant?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...2D6C5CD6FEB7D1

IRVING, Texas - Following the Cowboys' selection of wide receiver Dez Bryant with their first-round pick on Thursday, wide receivers Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have asked to be traded.

A FOXSports.com report Friday said the Cowboys have also called other teams in an attempt to trade defensive end Marcus Spears and linebacker Bobby Carpenter. After Friday's second and third rounds were completed, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed the two receivers were on the block.

"Those would be probably bottom half of today and third-day picks," Jones said. "We'd be looking for some threes there. From about 8 o'clock (Friday) night down."

With the selection of Bryant, only the second receiver the Cowboys have chosen in the first round during the Jones era, the writing was on the wall for two players who came to the team with much less fanfare. Crayton was a seventh-round pick in 2004 from tiny Northwest Oklahoma State, while Northern Illinois' Hurd came in as an undrafted free agent in 2006.

Crayton rose from promising sleeper to trusted No. 2 receiver, all the while giving the team value as a punt returner. In six seasons with the Cowboys he has 196 catches for 2,888 yards with 23 touchdowns, returning two punts for scores in 2009. Hurd has 31 catches in four seasons, but has been one of the team's most consistent special teams players.

Jones said he was willing to honor their wishes for a trade, but didn't guarantee a move would be made.

"Both of those receivers I have such respect for," Jones said. "And I know what they've given to our team and what they may give to the team in the future. I respect their sensitivity and I understand that. We all, I think, should understand when Dez Bryant enters the scene that that's compe ion."

Who the would offer a pick, even a seventh-rounder, for Bobby "My daddy played for Parcells and that's how I got drafted in the first round" Carpenter?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Who the would offer a pick, even a seventh-rounder, for Bobby "My daddy played for Parcells and that's how I got drafted in the first round" Carpenter?
    Yeah but that guy can wave his arms and pump up a crowd better than any cheerleader. That's gotta be worth a 7th rounder.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    did those guys ever think that maybe if they didn't suck, Dallas wouldn't have to draft Dez Bryant?
    That Cowboy receiving group is pretty good. The reason Dez Bryant got drafted is because Jerrah was being his usual self. Drafting a big name player and/or trying to make a splash. A team that can use a player like Crayton would be Miami. They'd be smart to trade some picks today for Crayton.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    Post Count
    yeah but that guy can wave his arms and pump up a crowd better than any cheerleader. That's gotta be worth a 7th rounder.
    +1

Post Count
    Crayton was a good receiver for us last year. Reliable hands around the end zone and found a way to get open when Romo was scrambling.
    Hurd didn't do much receiving wise but was a good special teams player.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    Post Count
    Carpenter is a definite bust as a first rounder, but he found a role playing the TE and shutting him down on 3rd downs. He's an extreme specialty player, and if they can find someone to do that just as well but also be good on 1st and 2nd downs then get rid of Carpenter.

Hurd needs to go, I don't mind Crayton going either. I've never heard anyone who disappears in crunch time talk to much and demand respect.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Seriously, Even packaged together what could they get for these guys??

Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trade them, the boys don't need them.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Crayton has fallen out of favor for Cowboys fans ever since 2007 when he dropped that TD against the Gnats in the divisional playoff game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    carpetbagger was actually ok last year hurd has never arrived and crayton should be cut for all his ing

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    That Cowboy receiving group is pretty good.
    If by pretty good you mean one good receiver, an overrated heap who drops every pass in sight, and an average slot receiver who thinks he's a superstar.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ^
    The reasons Dez Bryant was drafted.

Austin needed someone who could take double coverage off him.

Post Count
    Carpenter was good when he faced Skip on 1st and 10

Post Count
    I'm sure If Marshall is worth a mid 2th rounder, you might be able to get a couple FA signings out of Crayton and Hurd.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'd much rather they trade Roy Williams over Crayton. At least Crayton can catch a damn ball, Roy Williams has shown he can't do jack .

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah, the position was theirs for the taking. Miles Austin passed both of them up. I guess the prospect of having it happen yet again is too humiliating for them to handle. When you can't beat out Roy Williams, maybe it's time for a change of scenery.

Sam hurd is a in beast he is better than roy williams roy williams we need to ger rid of roy and crayton

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sam hurd is a in beast he is better than roy williams roy williams we need to ger rid of roy and crayton

Crayton didn't suck last year, going after Dez is more of an admittance of RW11 being a failure.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If Roy cuts the dropped passes in half and Romo actually learns how to throw it to him right half of the time, Roy could be pretty productive. I think if Crayton leaves, you have a damn good receiving corps with Roy, Miles, Dez, Ogletree, and maybe even guys like Manny Johnson or Jesse Holley. That's some damn good young talent at WR. Get rid of Crayton and his Texas-sized opinion of himself.

If Roy cuts the dropped passes in half and Romo actually learns how to throw it to him right half of the time, Roy could be pretty productive. I think if Crayton leaves, you have a damn good receiving corps with Roy, Miles, Dez, Ogletree, and maybe even guys like Manny Johnson or Jesse Holley. That's some damn good young talent at WR. Get rid of Crayton and his Texas-sized opinion of himself.
    Look, I'm a huge RW fan, but if he doesn't stop dropping passes almost immediately when this regular season starts (plenty of time to practice with Romo in the off season,) then he's done. The only way I see Roy being productive is at slot. Put Miles and Dez on the side for 1 and 2.

WR's get hurt. I wouldn't trade either of them.

Deeeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaauuuuuuuummmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information