Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F*ck Dirk. He flailed all the way through this series. He broke Manus nose. He tried to take Blair out. He carried himself like a 12 year old throwing a tantrum for the most part. that dude. Yeah he has a shot, but HE HAS NO ING CLASS. He competes like a lil' . I hope we put him out of the playoffs every year for the rest of his career. I hope he never wins another playoff game, for that matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DIRK IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respect for Dirk his team though... and it him too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is an amazing basketball player and left it all on the court. Considering how well he was playing, the Spurs achievement is that much more substantial.

the Mavericks, but I'll confess that I am in awe of Nowitzki's game.
    This. Every time the ball is in Dirk's hands, I'm nervous.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there any realistic possibility for him to be a spur?

A VERY BAD man
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk has got to get out of that town. I like the dude but any time I can watch Jason Terry get his ass handed to him, I'm all for it. THAT dude. And that ass owner he works for.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that dude is a freakin killer on a ty team. call him a pussy, puto till you turn blue in the face. everybody here in every single game was ting their pants every time dirk turned to shoot and if you weren't, you're a liar.
    ^ this

Dirk is baller as . I'd love to have him on the Spurs. Never gonna happen, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there any realistic possibility for him to be a spur?
    Realistically, no. But if the Spurs can make a deep run and show that they're still legitimate contenders, and find some way to clear some cap space this offseason, they should at least try to go after him.

But, realistically, no. The Spurs have little to no chance at getting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mad respect for Dirk, he just can't miss when he gets it going and it's scary when he has the ball in his hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    props for making some really tough shots...but that's about it. as a player...he's a 7ft jump shooter who flops and works and flails around trying to get a call and will shoot a turn around fade away jump shot over a guy who is 6'3". ridiculous.
    Last edited by blizz; 04-30-2010 at 12:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I respect his offensive game and his toughness. He was getting banged around through this series. He's an incredible shooter and I was on edge when the rock was in his hands. The guy is tougher than I ever realized. But, I still hate his guts because he's cost my team a (likely) championship. Dirk has had plenty of chances to win a le, but the team's he is on didn't have the heart. He's just like Nash to me, in that I'd like it if he never won a le.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk: "I got some time now to think about stuff ... think about my options."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk: "I got some time now to think about stuff ... think about my options."
    i feel genuinely sorry for the guy.... it was howard in years past and JET recently that made me have so much hate for the mavs.

i'd have no problem him getting a ring eventually, but not for cuban.

Heh heh whoa! BEANER LOL@MavsFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would respect him, but he is such a pan....he has skills, but he reminds of a crash test dummy every time he someone is guarding him. His assedness takes so much away from his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have always respected Dirk and I always will- both as a basketball player and as a person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather Dirk get a championship over Kobe and Shaq

Too bad him getting one means Cuban will get one.
    I don't want Cuban to get one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you'll hear anybody questioning his talent. But in tonight's game, he lost his cool and having to sit down with the 4 fouls cost his team. Eventually, to truly succeed in this league you need to be mentally though, and I think for all the incredible talent he has, he's just lacking in that department. Don't forget that Cuban brought Kidd over to anchor the leadership department on that team, and they still can't get it done.

Frustration into fuel...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about a "Disrespect for Dirk thread". Guy is weak..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all the Mavericks I would say Dirk is the only one I really don't hate. I like to make fun of him but only because he's a ballin' German. Terry - him. Cuban - him. Haywood - lmao. Dampier - him. Naranja - puto. Juwan Howard - fuel for the oven. Sean Bradley - lmao.

But Dirk - he's allright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is one of the most amazing player in the league. It's a shame i couldn't say he's great to watch because he plays for the mavs and i usually don't root for them.

but he's still a great player with incredible offensive skills and seems a good guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ElNono with yet another re ed take

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is A LOT like Nash. Incredible at what he does well. Unstoppable, really.

But did you notice that Dirk does not guard anybody important? Ever? Tim can. Dirk can't. Because he is not a defender.

Dirk is basically a huge sf, that plays a sf game, but ends up getting guarded by c/pf. Because he can move like a sf, he can get open jumpshots. Like Bonner, he pulls a bigman outside the paint, allowing his teammates to get more rebounds. He is very valuable, but not a traditional big by any means. Thus, he cannot form the key combination for a championship team: a great front court player with a great background player.

And I do wish he could be our sf, because he is unstoppable. But he could never be the pf next to tim, b/c he can hardly guard pf's. He had to guard the big who is not an offensive threat in the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono with yet another re ed take
    Yeah, I'm sure the Mavs couldn't have used Dirk more minutes tonight...

And fouls 3 and 4 were totally justified

lol 8 points in a quarter...
    lol making NBA history of choking to lower seeds
    lol @ making premature ejaculation YouTubes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to a Barkley-like, came close but never got over the hump career. He should have been a champion in 2006, if it weren't for the refs. That team was probably the best Mavs team ever.

Also an honorable mention were the allas Mavericks of Nash, Finley and Dirk era.

Thread Information