Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody notice that Dirk and Manu are allways injuring each other ? , weird.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody notice that Dirk and Manu are allways injuring each other ? , weird.
    Yeah, really...it's like some kind of twisted erotic love/hate thing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. Why a 7 footer shoots 20ft fadaway jumpers when he has 6'1 point guards on him is beyond me. dude is a wimp. He can ball but the guy is a softie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super respect and the dream team would be him and Duncan on the same team - Dirk has had a hard year with that crazy woman and this ending but he is fine basketball player and one that I truly hope does win one championship someday.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ElNono with yet ANOTHER re ed take

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. Why a 7 footer shoots 20ft fadaway jumpers when he has 6'1 point guards on him is beyond me. dude is a wimp. He can ball but the guy is a softie
    Thing is, if you'd shoot jumpers as good as Nowitzki, would you play closer to the basket? I wouldn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you'll hear anybody questioning his talent. But in tonight's game, he lost his cool and having to sit down with the 4 fouls cost his team. Eventually, to truly succeed in this league you need to be mentally though, and I think for all the incredible talent he has, he's just lacking in that department. Don't forget that Cuban brought Kidd over to anchor the leadership department on that team, and they still can't get it done.
    Another quality post by ElNono!

My thoughts about Dirk exactly. and I'd go so far as to say that he needs another superstar who can play down low in order to "free" him up from the leadership role. Even though the Mavs brought in Kidd I still think they look to Dirk to lead them to victory. He would be a really good #2 option - like on the Spurs. Imagine Dirk being "Bonner" + a million.

Dirk is incredibly awesome mainly because he is not conventional in any way, shape or form. Like others have said, he's a PF in an SFs body, so he's either more mobile or taller than any defender he faces. Most people stop there, but I just realized, what if teams were somehow forced to play Manu that way? If for some reason people always put a C or a PG on him, he'd destroy the bigs with his speed, and take out the PGs with his size and trickery. I'm not saying this is a great metaphor cuz I'm really ing tired, but just insert any player who is awesome yet not a huge match up nightmare (Timmy- put a tall, strong big on him and hope for the best). For Dirk, you'd have to find a big who defended like Bowen, and was really fast. Since that player does not exist in this universe, everyone is ed.
    Agreed. But for Dirk's sake I think he needs to go down low more often. Though it seems not to be in his genes I go back to the '06 season and POs where he did in fact get into the paint more. And it paid off with their best regular season record and his MVP trophy. But after that season he went back to being the same old Dirk, which aint bad but he could do better.

Also in other threads I've pondered the fact that most bigs from Europe seem to like to stay out of the paint and shoot the 3. Why is this? I don't know but would like for someone to help me understand that. Is it the coaching over there? What? I dunno.

That's because at leats 1 of his 1st half fouls was complete bull and another 1 was questionable.

The call where Hill drove past and lifted up his arm to initiate contact with Dirk's arm shouldn't have been a foul.

On another it was Duncan flopping on that one where the pass sailed over his head and they called Dirk for the push in the back. Looked to me like Dirk was using the standard legal forearm to shield Duncan.

If you don't like the guy, fine. But to whine about flopping after this particular game makes you look like an idiot.
    Actually of what I saw, including the replays, it looked like Dirk had caught Hill's shoulder as Hill went by, ilrespective of HIll lifting his arm or not. Regardless of what people think Dirk lost his composure in the first half and paid the price. Game 6 - elimination game - you need to be in there to help your team win. Getting those fouls isn't going to cut it.

Like I said above it seems to be a European thing for some unknown reason to me. And at this point it would be extremely difficult for Dirk to changes his spots so to say.

He is what he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono with yet ANOTHER re ed take
    lol no counter-argument
    lol can't make any more YouTubes this season
    lol 3 first round exits in 4 years
    lol contenders

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    trolls will be trolls
    this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and when he signs with The Spurs over the summer, all the haters in here will be all over his left nut.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk because he's a Maverick. I have no respect for any of those assholes.

them all!!
    i agree with this dude....... the mavs and anyone who plays with them.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i agree with this dude....... the mavs and anyone who plays with them.
    Michael Finley says o.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is, if you'd shoot jumpers as good as Nowitzki, would you play closer to the basket? I wouldn't.
    No kidding. Dirk shooting a fadeaway 20 footer is a higher percentage shot for him than if he'd try to take someone down on the block like Dirk's critics think he should be doing solely because he's 7ft.

Thread Information