Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anybody used those Vibram Fivefingers - the shoes that aren't really like shoes?

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I must say that it is paying off....you look mahvelous!!
    Thanks brah. Haven't shown my pic, though.

Have lost 25 pounds in 2 and a half months.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    All you need is a shake weight and you can shake your way to beauty.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    double post

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Anybody used those Vibram Fivefingers - the shoes that aren't really like shoes?
    My cousin bought some and said they weren't too bad. They're a serious investment though. From what I've read about barefoot running, it's a serious niche sport. Not for the weak of feet. I could never do it with my horrible arches.

And really IM, 1,000 on that stuff? Go to a gym.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    Right now I'm 196 lbs 9% body fat. I'm trying to get to 200 pounds 7% body fat and I would be basically perfect, but it's getting pretty hard keeping up with nutrition. I've also had this urge to compete, because so many people have asked if I do compete and most people say I could potentially make money off it by the age of 25-26, so I'm sort of curious and might take steroids in a couple of months lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    a gym, son. I barely have enough time as it is. I'd spend 40 a month, plus the metro to get there and back, and it would come out to 3 bucks a day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    a gym, son. I barely have enough time as it is. I'd spend 40 a month, plus the metro to get there and back, and it would come out to 3 bucks a day.
    Whatever, dude. It's your money. Just trying to help. And you're really calling me bro? Eff you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    What's wrong, broseph?

Plus, it's something that's mine forever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    everytime I see a gangsta movie all gangsta mexicans do are curls you spent too much money

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    >curls

Nothing compares to the rush of a deadlift. I ing love them.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    everytime I see a gangsta movie all gangsta mexicans do are curls you spent too much money
    tbh, all bros do are curls (most pointless upper body lift there is tbh)

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I take jack3d and Whey protein only.

I spent over or close to a G on weights and supps so far.
    My friend recommended Jack3d to me...but I'm pretty committed to the No-Xplode. Hard to fix what's not broken.

lol curls. I have a few guys at my gym who do several different types. I do one straight bicep exercise and that's it. Same with triceps. There's no reason to do a bunch of either when you work biceps doing back work and triceps doing chest/shoulders.

The funniest thing is the forearm curl guys. Dumbest exercise ever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I took No X-Plode twice, but didn't feel much. I also only bought Jack3d about two weeks ago, and I feel very little with it. As a matter of fact, if I don't drink enough water, it makes my workout a burden.

Jack3d tastes much better, btw.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I talked to a Pediatrist the other day about those and he doesn't recomend them at all. He told me why and I forget but basically our foot requires a raised heel 1/4-1/2 " off the ground. It allows for better stamina and prevents a ton of foot problems later on. I can't remember exactly what he said but stay away from them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I talked to a Pediatrist the other day about those and he doesn't recomend them at all. He told me why and I forget but basically our foot requires a raised heel 1/4-1/2 " off the ground. It allows for better stamina and prevents a ton of foot problems later on. I can't remember exactly what he said but stay away from them.
    It probably had to do with arches. Especially if you have a lower arch, or over/supripronate (I talked about that earlier in this thread) barefoot running can aggravate the heck out of your arches. I haven't really researched it because I have such horrible arches, but that's how I understand it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I appreciate your answer, but I have a hard time making it compute. Humans evolved to walk on their bare feet, so it seems to me that artificially raising part of your foot off the ground to walk "properly" would be incorrect.

Hmm, I wonder if humans have been wearing shoes so long we've evolved to a point where we can't walk properly without them anymore...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Officially down 30 pounds as of yesterday!
    Nice job! That's a big number. Lots of hard work to get there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i wanna be fat one time so i can see how easily (or not) i lose the weight. i think i would be able to do it pretty quickly.

has anyone ever fattened up on purpose in order to do this? lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    i wanna be fat one time so i can see how easily (or not) i lose the weight. i think i would be able to do it pretty quickly.

has anyone ever fattened up on purpose in order to do this? lol
    Like I said in the original post, I was like 45 pounds lighter in 06/07 and its taken me a year to lose the 30. Watch any weight loss reality show and you'll see it is at least moderately hard to lose weight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like I said in the original post, I was like 45 pounds lighter in 06/07 and its taken me a year to lose the 30. Watch any weight loss reality show and you'll see it is at least moderately hard to lose weight.
    Well tbh, reality weight loss shows either include lazy s or en led celebrities, so I don't like the sample. Also, you have to consider that not all people allow themselves to gain that much weight, period. I'm not convinced that there isn't a link between people's personalities and obesity. I think it could be easier for the type of people who are used to physical activity and being in shape throughout their entire lives. I have a friend who lost weight pretty damn easily. He's about 5'10" and weighed 185-190 lbs, wasn't really fat or anything, but kind of chubby, but has always been pretty lazy, never really the gym type or any regular physical activity. He lost 30 lbs in a month by riding the bikes at the gym 3 times a week. All it took was a determined mind, he just made the decision to lose weight and did it; went in and pedaled his ass off.

I tend to think it can be easy to lose weight, but most people are not adept enough to do it easily. And I hold that view for other areas as well, like common sense, intelligence, etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    Alvarez, what are you weighing in now-a-days?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Alvarez, what are you weighing in now-a-days?
    I haven't gained much weight over the years, 160-165. I haven't been going to the gym as consistently as I would if I had the time now that I'm working and taking summer a couple summer classes, but I haven't had the goal of bulking up as much as possible. I'm content with where I'm at, wouldn't want to be too much bigger. Most people are shocked as it is when I tell them how much I weigh since I look bigger.

lol @ considering roids... only E20

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Losing weight is easy as , tbh. People like ashbee have been fat from an early age so they have no idea what sports are. Basically, the gym, just go on craiglist and find a sport you like to play. There's pickup groups playing basketball/soccer/tennis/flag football everywhere. 3 times a week doing a sport and you'll lose the weight in on time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    I haven't gained much weight over the years, 160-165. I haven't been going to the gym as consistently as I would if I had the time now that I'm working and taking summer a couple summer classes, but I haven't had the goal of bulking up as much as possible. I'm content with where I'm at, wouldn't want to be too much bigger. Most people are shocked as it is when I tell them how much I weigh since I look bigger.

lol @ considering roids... only E20
    it man, you live once. 10 week cycle ain't gonna hurt no one. lol

Thread Information