Ole Miss Rebels
    creatine is for pussies

and chode-aspirers
    rofl

classic alvarez

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Losing weight is easy as , tbh. People like ashbee have been fat from an early age so they have no idea what sports are. Basically, the gym, just go on craiglist and find a sport you like to play. There's pickup groups playing basketball/soccer/tennis/flag football everywhere. 3 times a week doing a sport and you'll lose the weight in on time.
    Actually this is so wrong it's borderline idiotic.

There is no way you can offset a bad diet with exercise alone.

While playing a sport you like 3 times a week is a good solution you need to play that game/sport for a minimum of one hour (1.5 hour really) and intensely enough to keep your heart rate up - basically work up a solid sweat.

But even that will burn no way near enough calories for you to lose weight if you are not eating right.

So yes losing weight is easy: Count your calories. Cancel sugar out of your diet. Exercise regularly and with intensity.

The discipline to do the above your whole life is hard - that's why so many fail.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CEE is the most foul thing I have ever tasted btw

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    it man, you live once. 10 week cycle ain't gonna hurt no one. lol
    If you're serious, let me know. If you haven't done them before I have some good tips on what to start with and how to get them (relatively cheap).

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Actually this is so wrong it's borderline idiotic.

There is no way you can offset a bad diet with exercise alone.

While playing a sport you like 3 times a week is a good solution you need to play that game/sport for a minimum of one hour (1.5 hour really) and intensely enough to keep your heart rate up - basically work up a solid sweat.

But even that will burn no way near enough calories for you to lose weight if you are not eating right.

So yes losing weight is easy: Count your calories. Cancel sugar out of your diet. Exercise regularly and with intensity.

The discipline to do the above your whole life is hard - that's why so many fail.
    I assumed it was common sense that eating 5 breakfast burritos for breakfast and 3 big macs for lunch is not a "healthy" diet......then again, people like asshbey probably eat the type of food mentioned above, then go walk on a treadmill for 30 mintues three times a week and then cry how hard it is to lose weight...

That's what great about sports - you're doing something you love. You're not forcing yourself like when you're going to the gym. As for the time you mentioned(1 hour to 1.5), it seems that you've never been into the whole doing sports scene(which makes sense, because if I recall, you're quite the fatass yourself). Who the does less than an hour when they go play soccer/basketball/tennis?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    If you're serious, let me know. If you haven't done them before I have some good tips on what to start with and how to get them (relatively cheap).
    Like everything it has it's pros and cons, haven't done them yet, but been around a lotta people who have and spent days just researching everything about it. I already have a cycle in mind I'd like to try it's no beginners cycle, but after reading about the gains it sounds too good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Like everything it has it's pros and cons, haven't done them yet, but been around a lotta people who have and spent days just researching everything about it. I already have a cycle in mind I'd like to try it's no beginners cycle, but after reading about the gains it sounds too good.
    Good luck then. Don't start with the injectables though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I assumed it was common sense that eating 5 breakfast burritos for breakfast and 3 big macs for lunch is not a "healthy" diet......then again, people like asshbey probably eat the type of food mentioned above, then go walk on a treadmill for 30 mintues three times a week and then cry how hard it is to lose weight...

That's what great about sports - you're doing something you love. You're not forcing yourself like when you're going to the gym. As for the time you mentioned(1 hour to 1.5), it seems that you've never been into the whole doing sports scene(which makes sense, because if I recall, you're quite the fatass yourself). Who the does less than an hour when they go play soccer/basketball/tennis?
    Idiotic and getting personal.

So in the interest of full disclosure I'll admit to being a fat ass until 2 years ago when I lost 40 kg (slightly over 88 pounds) in 10 months.

I've been in compe ive sports all of my youth and have the medals to prove it. If you want details they were in no particular order Alpine skiing, basketball and sailing (last two only at national level). At that time I would spend 2-3 hours playing sports everyday and then I would go train. I spent my winters traveling from ski resort to ski resort competing and was in the best shape of my life. And guess what? I didn't have a job or a family to take care of.

Nowadays I only do 1,5 hours of mountain biking (up and down moutains on single tracks and unpaved roads) every day. I go to the gym twice a week in summer (4 times in winter - since MTB in snow is no fun). I usually spend my summer weekends diving (I'm a rescue diver) and skiing in winter. AND I STILL HAVE TO WATCH VERY CAREFULLY WHAT AND HOW MUCH I EAT!

If you look at all the "lose weight quick" advertising promising you abs of steel with only 15 minutes 3 times a week, you will understand why I made the distinction and I'll also repeat that finding 6 hours a week for working out is not impossible for anybody, but to do it consistently your whole life is another story all together.

I started losing weight the moment I stopped lying about it and stopped believing anybody except my doctor. That's why stupid uniformed post like yours make more damage than good.

You don't need to eat 5 cheeseburgers for breakfast to gain weight. I'm curious to hear from you what you would consider normal eating that can then be offset by 3-5 hours of exercising a week. Please share your menu for a day or two so we all know what we are talking about. I was fat because I ate too much. Not fast food or junk food. I am a regular in some of the best restaurants in Europe - but I just ate too much. The good side was that when I did my medical check up before starting the diet I had zero health issues (no cholesterol, diabetes and other weight related problems). SO I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people who are convinced that they have good balanced nutrition are wrong (ill informed) - I know I was. There's a good chance your one of them, even with your "common sense".

Funnily enough I agree that being overweight is a sign of laziness. If you're fat you have nobody to blame but yourself. But I am not going to come into a thread and make fun of people who are actually doing something about it.

And finally not so much as a reply to you but to all the people who are seriously doing something about their weight. Keeping it down is harder than losing it - but it does get easier with time as you get used to your new lifestyle. So after you've reached your goal, don't change much and give your body a chance to get used to it and then it gets easier in the sense that each small transgressions doesn't immediately show itself on the scale - but you need to keep at it and in control otherwise the way up is way faster than the way down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    dat post

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Hardly

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Working out and eating a most of what you want can still lead to losing weight. I did it myself. I cut in certain areas and decreased my overall food intake. I cut out all sodas with sugar and started drinking a ton of water. Between that and riding 12.5 miles a day on the bike 4 days a week(not just pedaling along...hauling ass) the weight came off relatively quick. Went from 226...all in the gut...down to 187. After that I started rebuilding with weights. I stopped with the bike and started running bleachers. I'd run 22 minutes(11 min, 60 sec rest, 11 min) of bleachers and then go do an hour and a half of weights. At my best shape I was around 207 and ready to clock my 40 to see if I could best my high school time.

Now I've worked some cardio into my weights doing more muscle endurance work. I've got my weight workout down to right at an hour(same number of stations I was doing in an hour and a half) then I hit the treadmill after that for a 5k run...which I can complete in around 26:30. I do this three times a week and have been holding pretty steady between 220 an 225. I'd like to get down closer to 210 but I don't know if I will...mostly because I'm not going to eat a bunch of stuff I don't like. As long as I'm not gaining I'm good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Working out and eating a most of what you want can still lead to losing weight. I did it myself. I cut in certain areas and decreased my overall food intake...

Yep that's exactly how I did it too. I always knew I wouldn't last on those diet shakes and/or weird diets - I love food too much.

And getting rid of sugar is the single most effective thing you can do. Funnily enough it wasn't even hard - some of the other stuff was harder.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Yep that's exactly how I did it too. I always knew I wouldn't last on those diet shakes and/or weird diets - I love food too much.

And getting rid of sugar is the single most effective thing you can do. Funnily enough it wasn't even hard - some of the other stuff was harder.
    Cutting out drinking IMO is the easiest thing to do regarding weight loss. It's a lot easier to lose weight if you aren't drinking.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    It's the hardest thing to do. I haven't drank in like 3 months and it's tough. I'll probably drink next weekend, and on my birthday, cause it's pretty much illegal to not drink on your 21st.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You should try HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Stat out by warming up with a nice walk for 5 minutes, then start

Walk for 30seconds
    Sprint as fast as you can for 30

Repeat these steps for 15 minutes but don't do this for more than 3 times per week. Couple this with a nice diet high in protein and low in calories and you should be seeing the pounds start to melt within a week.

If you don't feel like puking after doing this workout then you're not doing it right

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I do HIIT Tues, Thurs, Sat. Sunday is the only day I do nothing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I do HIIT Tues, Thurs, Sat. Sunday is the only day I do nothing.
    After lifting, HIIT is the best way to lose weight. I lost over 60lbs doing it. Also it gets you in ing excellent shape

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol steroids. in meat heads. Y'all are obsessed AND cheaters

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Lol steroids. in meat heads. Y'all are obsessed AND cheaters
    Tbh the amount of whey/creatine/other protein shake type stuff some people consume is probably just as bad for you as steroids. People don't really there is such a thing as consuming too much protein, it s up your bones down the road.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I call anyone who takes supplements a cheater. But I understand some people need extra help because they aren't capable/willing to do it all themselves. But people who use roofs are just obsessed meat heads. E20 is smarter than that, I thought.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I won't begrudge somebody for their curiosity/interest in using supplements. After all, they're wanting to better themselves.

On the flipside, it's hard to sympathize with somebody who begs for painkillers over the internets to satisfy his opiate addiction, and to escape the reality that is a minimum wage job to support his grisly-looking child. Such a person seems lazy and has no interest in bettering themselves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    aww, pego's white knight to the wescue...how womantic

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    lol cbf's terrible shtick of posting a mavs forum nobody thought was funny turned into posting a lakers forum that nobody finds funny either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I won't begrudge somebody for their curiosity/interest in using supplements. After all, they're wanting to better themselves.

On the flipside, it's hard to sympathize with somebody who begs for painkillers over the internets to satisfy his opiate addiction, and to escape the reality that is a minimum wage job to support his grisly-looking child. Such a person seems lazy and has no interest in bettering themselves.
    Yeah, roiding up is really bettering yourself

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    crofl dispeg = muscle milk
    it's muscle malk, does that count as a supplement? I only drank it if I cant eat immediately after working out. Haven't had one since you busted me with it though

Thread Information