Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cutting out drinking IMO is the easiest thing to do regarding weight loss. It's a lot easier to lose weight if you aren't drinking.
    Really? I've almost completely stopped drinking in the past year or so and I have only gained weight since (assuming you meant alcohol).
    Of course I doubt it's the reason I've gained weight, more likely it's less movement, more sweets and becoming older, just thought it was funny you mentioned that.

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Anybody used those Vibram Fivefingers - the shoes that aren't really like shoes?
    Here's a pretty unbiased article on running barefoot - http://www.ecouterre.com/is-barefoot...e-environment/

This guy basically says that if you've been running in supportive shoes all your life, the muscles in your feet may not be strong enough to immediately transition to barefoot running.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    wakeboarding
    gymnastic rings

/thread

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Really? I've almost completely stopped drinking in the past year or so and I have only gained weight since (assuming you meant alcohol).
    Of course I doubt it's the reason I've gained weight, more likely it's less movement, more sweets and becoming older, just thought it was funny you mentioned that.
    I guess it varies with everyone. Fall semester of school last year I knew was gonna be my last easy semester, so I drank like a fish but didn't have too much school to worry about so I was able to eat decently, but I put on 20 pounds. Last semester I didn't drink at all because I knew I wouldn't have time to with school, and I also didn't have any time/energy to watch what I ate, but I lost the 20 pounds a gained fall semester.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    clubbells and/or kettle bells.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    wakeboarding
    gymnastic rings

/thread
    Yes, wake boarding is a viable option for everyone looking to lose weight and get in shape. A ski boat, a wake board and a body of water is something everyone has.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes, wake boarding is a viable option for everyone looking to lose weight and get in shape. A ski boat, a wake board and a body of water is something everyone has.
    yes because you absolutely need a boat to wakeboard

http://www.texasskiranch.com/tsr-act...wakeboard.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    I call anyone who takes supplements a cheater. But I understand some people need extra help because they aren't capable/willing to do it all themselves. But people who use roofs are just obsessed meat heads. E20 is smarter than that, I thought.
    If I'm thinking of competing then there is no other alternative to steroids, I've kept natural for all my life, but it's gotten me so far and I've ran into people who have been working out half the time I have and have gained in 5-6 weeks what would have taken me a year. But if I don't plan on competing then there is no point in taking roids, because I can't really do much else with my frame/body to make it look any more aesthetically presentable.

As far as supplements go, most people don't have the time of day to cook/prepare 5-6 meals with all the right components in them, so to fit their bodybuilding goals and/or needs supplements/mult-vitamins/energy drinks help out a lot, because if you can't get the right nutrition in you're basically wasting your time at the gym.

But love the wakeboarding comment.
    Last edited by E20; 07-03-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

But love the wakeboarding comment.
    Love noobs talking about things they know nothing about

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    Love noobs talking about things they know nothing about
    No, I'm sure wakeboarding is a good physical activity, but people don't have an access to a gym 3-5 times a week let alone a beach, a boat, and wakeboard. The only reason I found it amusing of any sort was because you wrote /thread after it.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I love bringing out the boat and my wakeboard and getting my cardio in like that. I don't know about you guys. Easy access out here in the middle of the city and everything! Getting to a bike or running is a burden! Not something you can do anywhere.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love bringing out the boat
    TWO more contenders!!!!! Ignorance is infinite!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_skiing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears

Okay point taken, you do not need a boat. But still as not as convienent for most people who are trying to get into shape.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats

Why didn't you say cable skiing then instead of wake boarding?

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Man all the doctors and physical trainers who spend their entire lives studying these things are all ing stupid. @wasting time studying the human body. Just wakeboard!

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I love bringing out the boat and my wakeboard and getting my cardio in like that. I don't know about you guys. Easy access out here in the middle of the city and everything! Getting to a bike or running is a burden! Not something you can do anywhere.
    You ignorant , just pay a load of money and find artificial means to fake wakeboard! Or just ask your parents to pay like greyforest does! Derrr!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah forget it, the exercises that work best for me after probably aren't of any interest to anyone else

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    yeah forget it, the exercises that work best for me after probably aren't of any interest to anyone else
    It's true, we don't all have rich parents to beg to give us money so we can wakeboard with our got friends.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's true, we don't all have rich parents to beg to give us money so we can wakeboard with our got friends.
    Yeap, rich parents and got friends are required to wakeboard. You also have to use a boat. Wakeboarding was also the only exercise I mentioned.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Yeap, rich parents and got friends are required to wakeboard. You also have to use a boat. Wakeboarding was also the only exercise I mentioned.
    Good point bro. Gymnastic rings are also a really practical way to exercise. All you need a in empty gym to hang the rings from.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lmfao!!!!!

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Good point bro. Gymnastic rings are also a really practical way to exercise. All you need a in empty gym to hang the rings from.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    True, trees just don't work. They aren't tall and they don't have anything that really "branches" out to hang the ropes from.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    True, trees just don't work. They aren't tall and they don't have anything that really "branches" out to hang the ropes from.
    Who's gonna ing climb a tree to hand gymnastics rings off of a branch? What are you, six?

I'd pay lots of wakeboarding money to watch you break your neck after the branch snaps and you go falling to the ground with gymnastics rings in hand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Rock climbing in the Himalayas and skysurfing are also great if you're looking for a workout

Thread Information