Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Rock climbing in the Himalayas and skysurfing are also great if you're looking for a workout
    /thread

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Rock climbing in the Himalayas and skysurfing are also great if you're looking for a workout
    Don't forget climbing to the top of Mt. Everest is a great workout. Do that a few times and you'll be in the best shape of your life.

/diet and exercise as we knew it before this post

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I don't know about any of you, but when I want a workout, I call Andy Rod , Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer for a quick doubles match on my tennis court/helipad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    True, trees just don't work. They aren't tall and they don't have anything that really "branches" out to hang the ropes from.
    True, everybody has a home with a lawn that includes two strong trees the right distance between each other to hang two ropes from. Even people who live in apartments in cities and towns have these opportunities, just like they all have lakes and an unlimited spending budget.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I don't know about any of you, but when I want a workout, I call Andy Rod , Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer for a quick doubles match on my tennis court/helipad.
    I'll have to try that, sounds easy to set up.

I have my own private boxing ring, when I want a killer workout, I hit up Roy Jones Jr.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this forum is too easy to troll

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    , the ol' lefty technique

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    true understudy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    wakeboarding
    gymnastic rings

/thread

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    lol This reminds me of the Chappelle skit where he takes karate lessons from Bruce Lee's brother for 8000 dollars an hour.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I had this older woman today come up to me and ask me could I start getting on a different treadmill because I run too loud when she is on the elipitical right in front of the treadmill I normally use. I disturb her while she is half going on the machine and I also disturb her reading. I used to always notice she would get off and move to another machine once I got into my full stride. I had a feeling that was why, but I wasn't sure. I wanted soo bad to tell her that she will have to just deal with it. I guess if I happen to be there first and she walks in I am just supposed to stop in the middle of my run and move to another treadmill just so she can use her favorite machine. See thats why I called myself going to the gym late so I could supposedly avoid people like this who pretty much come to the gym and does nothing, but has the nerve to complain to those of us who are actually trying to workout.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I had this older woman today come up to me and ask me could I start getting on a different treadmill because I run too loud when she is on the elipitical right in front of the treadmill I normally use. I disturb her while she is half going on the machine and I also disturb her reading. I used to always notice she would get off and move to another machine once I got into my full stride. I had a feeling that was why, but I wasn't sure. I wanted soo bad to tell her that she will have to just deal with it. I guess if I happen to be there first and she walks in I am just supposed to stop in the middle of my run and move to another treadmill just so she can use her favorite machine. See thats why I called myself going to the gym late so I could supposedly avoid people like this who pretty much come to the gym and does nothing, but has the nerve to complain to those of us who are actually trying to workout.

Pobrecito. That's why I have an ipod. Just turn it up really loud so you can't hear it. Why doesn't she have one? Or some headphones to listen to the TV?

I know my right foot hits really heavy because of my foot drop so I try to work on my stride, but sometimes its not my stride that's the loudest..it's those that have nonathletic shoes that squeak and make noise on the treadmill that bother me.

I know it's near impossible for most people, but midday is like the the perfect time to go to the gym. At least where I usually go. It's mom and senior central. They're usually on the elliptical and walk on the treadmill by the Learning Channel far away from where I like to run.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'd just smile at her and say "no, but thanks for asking."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Tbh, for the people who want serious advice, it took me forever to get started with it getting in a routine with the job I started this summer and everything, but now I'm finally into it and have a schedule that makes it so I can stick to the diet, I recommend the Insanity program to anyone. You'll feel like a fat ball of at first when you're tired 3 minutes into the workout, and the 5-meal-a-day diet will seem like a pain in the ass, but now that I'm two weeks into it I already feel a difference. Hopefully I can stick to it for the full 60 days, and if I do I'll post my before/after pictures on this site.

It's sponsored by the same company that sponsors P90X, but it's more practical for the average person. All you need to do it is a room with a DVD player and space (not even that much space). No weights, no pull up bars, nothing except for an optional Yoga mat if you don't wanna be jumping on/off a hard surface. I only suggest this because if you stick to it, you can basically cancel any gym membership you have, you'll feel hungry at times but its diet plan isn't that bad at all, and the workouts require at the most 1 hour a day. If I'm making it sound easy, it's not, the workouts will you up and be the worst cardio you've ever done, but it's great for people who are busy and wanna get as much of a workout possible in the smallest time possible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pobrecito. That's why I have an ipod. Just turn it up really loud so you can't hear it. Why doesn't she have one? Or some headphones to listen to the TV?

I know my right foot hits really heavy because of my foot drop so I try to work on my stride, but sometimes its not my stride that's the loudest..it's those that have nonathletic shoes that squeak and make noise on the treadmill that bother me.

I know it's near impossible for most people, but midday is like the the perfect time to go to the gym. At least where I usually go. It's mom and senior central. They're usually on the elliptical and walk on the treadmill by the Learning Channel far away from where I like to run.
    She does have earphones for what I can tell. What got me was when she had the nerve to say "I disturb her reading" what the heck is it this the freakin library?! This is my first occurrence that I have had since going at night. Now to be perfectly honest, that particular treadmill is louder than the rest for whatever reason, anyone who runs on it even at lower speeds than I do it is still sorta loud. I guess she singled me out because I am the one who is on it the most when she is reading. But ironically enough its the only one that the DVD players still works and thats why I use it.
    I'd just smile at her and say "no, but thanks for asking."

I was THIS close from telling her "sorry but this is the treadmill that I use so I don't know what to tell you". I pretty much listened and nodded and walked away from her. I just found it gutsy that she had the galls not to ask could I run quieter, but could I just use a different treadmill altogether. I really hope she is there tommorow. I think I will use the next one down and make it an effort to run loud.
    Last edited by florige; 07-03-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Tbh, I recommend the Insanity program to anyone. You'll feel like a fat ball of at first when you're tired 3 minutes into the workout, and the 5-meal-a-day diet will seem like a pain in the ass, but now that I'm two weeks into it I already feel a difference. Hopefully I can stick to it for the full 60 days, and if I do I'll post my before/after pictures on this site.

It's sponsored by the same company that sponsors P90X, but it's more practical for the average person. All you need to do it is a room with a DVD player and space (not even that much space). No weights, no pull up bars, nothing except for an optional Yoga mat if you don't wanna be jumping on/off a hard surface. I only suggest this because if you stick to it, you can basically cancel any gym membership you have, you'll feel hungry at times but its diet plan isn't that bad at all, and the workouts require at the most 1 hour a day. If I'm making it sound easy, it's not, the workouts will you up and be the worst cardio you've ever done, but it's great for people who are busy and wanna get as much of a workout possible in the smallest time possible.
    I tried p90x and Insanity during two of the SA Fitness in the park things earlier this year. I'm sure there are pros to it, but to me it just seemed like any other DVD program. I was not impressed at all. And then they employee these horribly cheesy "Beachbody" people to see their .

Within minutes of finishing the class one of the people had facebooked me. I was like "Back the off dude. I'm not buying your DVDs...or your supplements." One of my friends who attended several of the classes with the guy said he tried to see her supplements by saying that doctors approved of them, come to find out he was a podiatrist or something.

Again, I have seen it work for some people and I hope it works for you! Stick too it! It takes 2 to 3 weeks to develop a routine psychologically. I bet if I stuck to that diet it would work too, but I'm not that disciplined in my diet. I eat healthy enough. I don't need to eat protein shakes to replace my dinner. I want dinner. I'd rather do something at the gym. Just like some would rather play basketball. It's a personality thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I don't drink protein shakes that much either, people my age who consume hundreds of grams of protein everyday are gonna have brittle bones down the road and most likely get osteoporosis (and before anyone tells me I'm making that up, there's mounds of evidence and a logical explanation as to how too much protein increases your chance of osteoporosis). It's not a crazy diet at all, and it's not a requirement you have to drink protein shakes or similar supplements. I only do it at times because I'm running late in the morning, and it's easier to prepare a shake as a lunch replacement rather than cook a full lunch.

And yeah, Beach Body is the company that sponsored each program and likewise uses P90X and Insanity to sell their other products to people who have had success with either program. Doesn't take away from the fact each program works if you stick to it, but if what you're doing is working no reason to change it at all. I was more talking to people who dread going to the gym and dread using weights/equipment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    While we're all being serious...if you want a great cardio workout with little-to-no-cost, run stairs (the more floors, the better). One up-and-down revolution is one tower. We had to do 25 of those (5 stories) for the Fire Academy everyday with a 45 lbs weight-vest on in the Miami heat and humidity. Holy .

Running stairs is great cardio and it's an insane lower body workout. If you have the means, hold some barbells (weight is up to you) while you do it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    While we're all being serious...if you want a great cardio workout with little-to-no-cost, run stairs (the more floors, the better). One up-and-down revolution is one tower. We had to do 25 of those (5 stories) for the Fire Academy with a 45 lbs weight-vest on in the Miami heat and humidity. Holy .

Running stairs is great cardio and it's an insane lower body workout. If you have the means, hold some barbells (weight is up to you) while you do it.
    I have a 40 pound weight vest I used when I used to go hiking a lot. That's not something I recommend to people who don't already weigh over 200+ lbs., but there are weight vests with less weight. If you hate running/cardio machines at the gym, hiking with a weight vest is just as good and you're burning tons of calories while doing so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    While we're all being serious...if you want a great cardio workout with little-to-no-cost, run stairs (the more floors, the better). One up-and-down revolution is one tower. We had to do 25 of those (5 stories) for the Fire Academy everyday with a 45 lbs weight-vest on in the Miami heat and humidity. Holy .

Haha, my brother literally passed out when he was trying to do that stair test when he was trying to become a fire fighter. Its a good thing they have medics there on site. I guess people passing out from that test is normal. The most cardio I had to do at the police academy was a couple of timed runs. I think they were like 1.5 in 16 minutes or something along those lines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I have a 40 pound weight vest I used when I used to go hiking a lot. That's not something I recommend to people who don't already weigh over 200+ lbs., but there are weight vests with less weight. If you hate running/cardio machines at the gym, hiking with a weight vest is just as good and you're burning tons of calories while doing so.
    +1, the vest is just a great investment (no pun) if you're serious about running/jogging everyday. They're under $100 (some much cheaper). You burn a -ton of calories and it really helps your endurance. After running with it for awhile, the first time you run without the vest it feels like you're gliding on air.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Well me, the vest I bought a few years ago was more than $100

god damn overpriced sports authority

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    TWO more contenders!!!!! Ignorance is infinite!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_skiing
    ok, all you need is a boat or a texas ski ranch

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Haha, my brother literally passed out when he was trying to do that stair test when he was trying to become a fire fighter. Its a good thing they have medics there on site. I guess people passing out from that test is normal. The most cardio I had to do at the police academy was a couple of timed runs. I think they were like 1.5 in 16 minutes or something along those lines.
    1.5 miles in 16 minutes in regular gym clothes? You lucky bas s

The CPAT exam for fire (at least where I took it) had to be done in 7 minutes just to enter the academy. At the end you had to complete it in 5 minutes with full bunker gear on to pass the class. If you've ever worn fire gear before then you know that doesn't breathe. All the heat stays in and you're swimming in your sweat by the end. I found the clip of the PAT we had to do...this is at Coral Springs Fire Academy in SoFla. This was some other class doing their pre-entry test. Follow the guy who starts up the stairs in the beginning (cause that's the start).

It involves 7 steps: Put on a 45 lb. vest
    Climb 3 flights of stairs carrying a hose pack on your shoulder
    Pull the hose, using the attached rope, up over the 3rd floor railing
    Carry the hose down the stairs
    Kaiser – Sledgehammer
    Hose drag simulator – pull a pressurized hose 75 feet
    Dummy drag – walk 100 feet with 175 lb. dummy

It's not hard in gym clothes, but in bunker gear it sucks ass
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 07-03-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Thread Information