Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Over the past year I had a 10 mile commute that I'd do on my bike when it wasn't cold as but I recently got a new job and now I've had to time to ride after work. Its just a bummer when I get home late because I usually like to do 15-20 miles but I don't like to go after dark so I have a limited window.

Cycling is just so awesome though. I can't imagine doing it inside and enjoying it, like you.
    Oh, I don't anymore. I bike about 12 miles before my shift at about 5am. I mainly cycled inside because I could do it on my lunch break or before my shift when I was in the office after dropping my daughter off at day care.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah the middle of the foot. When I run like that it seems like I am slapping on the ground. I am obviously doing something wrong.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Everyone runs differently. I can't remember who mentioned it (was it Jekka?) who said something about the bare foot trend/fade/etc being bad for people with no arches. It's true. You need the support of your arches to support your achillies and the rest of your legs. Without them you're going to hurt really bad. That's part of they there are motion/stability control shoes and in soles.

Here is a great article on running form from, yes Runner's World. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...3951-0,00.html
    I think that may have a lot more to do with wearing shoes made a certain way and then jumping into bare foot running. The muscles that support your arch are likely underdeveloped or atrophied, and need to be developed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Serously, manny? Again, we're not talking about sprinting, but you can't imagine touching your heel to the ground while you run? Really?
    I concur. Sprinters don't land on their heels but runners, joggers do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thanks for the illustration. I am going to see if I can start incorporating that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Oh, I don't anymore. I bike about 12 miles before my shift at about 5am. I mainly cycled inside because I could do it on my lunch break or before my shift when I was in the office after dropping my daughter off at day care.
    I worded it poorly but I meant was that I too enjoy it outside and not inside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I just started doing 100 hindu squats after my rides recently. That is brutal but keeps my legs feeling fresh after. Been trying to incorporate more body weight exercises into my routine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Kinky

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Have any of the runners/joggers dealt with a snapping hip? If it's not one thing it's another for me. I was out for a week with a sinus infection and was dealing with something horrible on my last run, but thought it was because I was kind of sick. What did you do to get rid of it?

after googling the snapping hip thing sounds exactly like that I was feeling.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Have any of the runners/joggers dealt with a snapping hip? If it's not one thing it's another for me. I was out for a week with a sinus infection and was dealing with something horrible on my last run, but thought it was because I was kind of sick. What did you do to get rid of it?

after googling the snapping hip thing sounds exactly like that I was feeling.
    Used to happen to me occasionally when I was still dancing. It was never very severe, though, so I just relied upon a few days of HI-RICE and it went away on its own.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Used to happen to me occasionally when I was still dancing. It was never very severe, though, so I just relied upon a few days of HI-RICE and it went away on its own.
    That's good news. I hope that some massive advil and some ice can get it to go away.

It's in my right side, not my left, which is a new deal. With all my previous muscle issues my right side has always been a little tense (slash actually pretty tense) so it might just be that it's finally loosening up and unstable with the running.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone running in the rock and roll marathon?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Anyone running in the rock and roll marathon?
    Maybe next year. I'm still at 4 miles on the treadmill. Trying to even run that relay thing would be killer.

And speaking of running..I need more music for my playlist. What do y'all run to?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Maybe next year. I'm still at 4 miles on the treadmill. Trying to even run that relay thing would be killer.

And speaking of running..I need more music for my playlist. What do y'all run to?
    How long do you run, time wise? What kind of music is already on your playlist?

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you just keep empty calories out of your diet like soda and candy you should be fine with just average work outs.

Eat lots of fiber, poop a lot, work out, get your metabolism up, take b vitamins, eat until youre contented and not until youre stuffed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    How long do you run, time wise? What kind of music is already on your playlist?
    I'm running for about 45 minutes with a 5 minute cool down (so a 12 minute pace). The stuff that really keeps me going is electronic-hop and Club kind of rap a la Usher. I added some Far East Movement, Dev and LMFAO to the list the afternoon which helped a bit.

I know Jog.fm is a great site to find music to match your heart rate and pace, but it doesn't have random stuff, more popular stuff. I tried to find out if some of my Janelle Monae was good for my pace and it didn't even come up. I was bummed to say the least.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here's why it's so hard to weight with exercise:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/SM00109

But you can under eat by 500 calories every day, losing 1 pound/week, 50 lbs year, without lifting a finger.

Never Forget David HighLowLobForBig-50's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    earlier this year i was at 196. today i weigh 172.(for reference, im 6' barefoot) i figure in 2-3 more weeks ill be at my bottom weight. then ill start putting on muscle. not that im not adding alot of muscle now, ill just turn most of my focus from cardio/conditioning to muscle gain. yall know what i mean. it feels so good to do what im doing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    earlier this year i was at 196. today i weigh 172.(for reference, im 6' barefoot) i figure in 2-3 more weeks ill be at my bottom weight. then ill start putting on muscle. not that im not adding alot of muscle now, ill just turn most of my focus from cardio/conditioning to muscle gain. yall know what i mean. it feels so good to do what im doing
    Good for you! It's so great to know/see changes. I found a pair of jeans I threw in a pile of junk about a year ago because I wasn't able to fit in them....put 'em on and now they're too big. I still have about 10 more pounds to go before I get to where you are, but I can feel it getting closer!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Good for you! It's so great to know/see changes. I found a pair of jeans I threw in a pile of junk about a year ago because I wasn't able to fit in them....put 'em on and now they're too big. I still have about 10 more pounds to go before I get to where you are, but I can feel it getting closer!
    it is great. not tryin to toot, but i had to beat alcohol, tobacco and sugar to get to the point where i even thought it was worth it to try. its been a long process and to see the results (lol flat stomach) is just one of the best feelings ive ever experienced. and my clothes dont fit either!! i am perma-sagging and i think sometimes i dont notice but other people do, oops. i was dealing with super sore Achilles for awhile that slowed my running but luckily i never ruptured it. i have never been accused of being the most flexible person but that is changing fast!
    thanks for your comment

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    clean bulk

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Pretty much where High low is at. I'm at 170(down from 210), but am only 5'7. I figure 155-160 is a good weight to start my bulk.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    go on,.......

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    i was dealing with super sore Achilles for awhile that slowed my running but luckily i never ruptured it. i have never been accused of being the most flexible person but that is changing fast!
    thanks for your comment
    Try adding some Vitamin C with Rose Hip if you're a vitamin taker. It helped me with my sore hips. I complain about it all the time in this thread, but the Rose Hips are like natural advil and are great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pretty much where High low is at. I'm at 170(down from 210), but am only 5'7. I figure 155-160 is a good weight to start my bulk.
    congrats man, when i told my buddy i was going down to 175 he laughed.

Thread Information