Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Never Forget David HighLowLobForBig-50's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You're doing it the hard way if you want muscle mass. Start weight training now and eat 6-8 small meals per day consisting of 40% complex carbs 40% protein and 20% healthy fats and you will lose fat faster while gaining muscle mass.
    and im the one doing it the hard way?!?!?! jk but for real im not trying to put on too much muscle mass. im just trying to get in shape so that when i go to the pit i can tear it up the hour that im there . i wouldnt mind adding some mass to my back ,lats and legs but im good with my overall mass so the rest of what i need will come in due time. i get too big and ill lose any timing that i might have and would be fighting to high up in weight

also you guys were great motivation the other day. i took off another 38 seconds from my best mile time. today's workout was BRUTAL !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans

also you guys were great motivation the other day. i took off another 38 seconds from my best mile time. today's workout was BRUTAL !
    Way to go! Are you keeping track of your runs in a journal or online? I have mine on dailymile and then there's runkeeper too. It's nice to be able to look back at November and see I've improved my time by 3 minutes.

Never Forget David HighLowLobForBig-50's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Way to go! Are you keeping track of your runs in a journal or online? I have mine on dailymile and then there's runkeeper too. It's nice to be able to look back at November and see I've improved my time by 3 minutes.
    no i dont keep a record, i just keep a mental tab going in my head of my best time. its funny though because yall had been talking about ipod music, heart rate matching up ect so i tried the ol mp3 player the other day but only made it 1/8th mile before i turned it off. if you dont have the right beat for your pace, that messes you up lol. anyway i get it now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'am stepping up my cardio and stepping down my lifting, I would like to have a flat stomach. I'm satisfied with my bulk right now.

5 days a week at the gym. 2 body parts a day, 2 lifting exercises per body part, 2 sets, 8 reps, less reps for more strength. That's about half of what I usually do.

Kicked up the running to 3 miles or about 30-35 mins a day. Then I hit the punching bag another 15-20 mins.

The punching bag will kick your ass! Sucking air, arms dead weight... feels great.

Look like a different person everytime I look in the mirror now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Im 5'8 156 lbs skinny as heck but has this small bulge on my stomach. It's so hard to eat plenty to bulk up and maintain a flat gut.

P90x still kicks my butt. I just limit myself to 10 pushups or else I wont finish the workout.
    I gotta train for strength before bulking up using free weights.

Plyometrix and kenpo are the only two workouts I like to do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pawe you gotta do like 1000 crunches a day to keep that gut away. I used to have the same problem. I do 2.5 miles jog 3-4 times a week and 1000 crunches every day to keep my abs up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did the jog 6 times a week until I got rid of the gut, then cut it in half cause too much cardio is bad for us skinny guys

Scratch that ToughActinTinactin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I use the ab master.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ab work/crunches do nothing for getting rid of a gut; that's all nutrition - getting body fat down.

If you already have low BF, weighted ab work will give you deeper grooves between abdominal muscles where as high high rep body/low weight resistance gives you that overall tone look.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ab work/crunches do nothing for getting rid of a gut; that's all nutrition - getting body fat down.

If you already have low BF, weighted ab work will give you deeper grooves between abdominal muscles where as high high rep body/low weight resistance gives you that overall tone look.
    There's only one way to work out for every person in the world, right manubalboa?

Bro my gut melted away when I followed up my 2.5 miles with the crunches. It was gone after three weeks. Now I continue with the crunches to keep the toned look. Cut/ripped abs/muscles is really for s. It looks like . This is a thread about getting into shape/losing weight, not getting ripped/looking like a got meat head who lives in the gym

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Only 2 weeks back to the gym, and I'm already noticing change

Discipline, es !!!!

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Been hovering in the low 190s for the better part of a month now so I think it's time to step up the intensity and variety. Taking advantage of the pool now (when there aren't weird naked guys sunbathing there) and then getting some actual running shoes and getting a jogging program going when the weather gets less brutal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    pawe you gotta do like 1000 crunches a day to keep that gut away. I used to have the same problem. I do 2.5 miles jog 3-4 times a week and 1000 crunches every day to keep my abs up
    Were you trying to bulk up or just toning down? Coz Im thinking cardio would be counterproductive to bulking up.
    Im trying to eat close to 4500 calories/day hence the slightly noticeable gut in just 2 months.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Weird, today I lifted much heavier than last week and it felt too easy....

I must be doing something right with my nutrition and sleep

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Guys, guys, guys...I'm only 5 pounds away from my goal weight.

Set it and forget it! Ron Popeil's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    guys, guys, guys...i'm only 5 pounds away from my goal weight.

250?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol whats the point of having smaller portions like snacks and meals, when you keep on returning to the kitchen when you finish just to get more

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Were you trying to bulk up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    Guys, guys, guys...I'm only 5 pounds away from my goal weight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    I will keep it short and sweet...You must have a motivation if you don't I don't care what you do your efforts WILL FAIL..I live in the gym and I've seen it all, but I will say this your looks are 80% of what you eat and 20% based on your workout. You need 30 min of cardio 5 days/wk at high moderate to high intensity with a sustained 20 min effort...

Since you're not a runner I would recommend running sprints...2 min ( if you can) at max effort or as fast as you can go with 30-45 sec rest...Keep doing this until you max out at 1/2 mile. You will build endurance.

Also if you can have a sustained minimum of 20 minute sexual activity every other day this should suffice...but it has to be intense and your partner must make you sweat...I'm not talking about kissing..I'm talking about straight sticking and moving if you know what I mean...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol whats the point of having smaller portions like snacks and meals, when you keep on returning to the kitchen when you finish just to get more
    yes, total calories can still be too high if consumed in 3 meals or in many small snacks. The smaller-but-more-portions is pretty much bull .

(quality) calories and a caloric deficit are the critical items to manage.

America is so ed up that people are so confused, befuddled, so convinced by "experts" that they must have "expert $$$" guidance, that they don't know how to do anything anymore, need bizarre like "life coaches" and "parenting classes" and "personal trainers", can't feed themselves a healthy diet and maintain lean weight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans

Since you're not a runner I would recommend running sprints...2 min ( if you can) at max effort or as fast as you can go with 30-45 sec rest...Keep doing this until you max out at 1/2 mile. You will build endurance.

You obviously didn't read through the thread because I'm up to 4 plus miles. But that's good advice for people starting. I really recommend the couch to 5k program for anyone who wants to start or try to run.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Good advice here. You cannot target areas of the body and say you will lose weight in those areas for example thinking you can lose a gut because you are doing ab work, you need to lose weight overall in general. So what your eating is important combined with working out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    do I look that big?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    You obviously didn't read through the thread because I'm up to 4 plus miles. But that's good advice for people starting. I really recommend the couch to 5k program for anyone who wants to start or try to run.

Ok so you caught me with my hand in the cookie jar... I skimmed it...just get tired of seeing all the advice from people who I suspect are fat couch potatoes or those that hit the gym once a month and are now experts. I suspect most of the folks posting here fall into that category.

I will say this...if you're close to your goal and need that extra push try taking:

L-Carnitine and if you mix it with a Ubiquinone ( the active form of COq10) you should burn much faster...

L-Carnitine in a nut s pushes fat into the mitochondria (enhances fat metabolism) were it's burned off at a faster rate. Ubiquinone accelerates it even further. I've found that it's helped me tremendously. Results may vary depending on your body...

an ex girl friend sent me this link some time ago:

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/ans/psycho...gy/l-carni.htm

Thread Information