Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Ok so you caught me with my hand in the cookie jar... I skimmed it...just get tired of seeing all the advice from people who I suspect are fat couch potatoes or those that hit the gym once a month and are now experts. I suspect most of the folks posting here fall into that category.

I will say this...if you're close to your goal and need that extra push try taking:

L-Carnitine and if you mix it with a Ubiquinone ( the active form of COq10) you should burn much faster...

L-Carnitine in a nut s pushes fat into the mitochondria (enhances fat metabolism) were it's burned off at a faster rate. Ubiquinone accelerates it even further. I've found that it's helped me tremendously. Results may vary depending on your body...

an ex girl friend sent me this link some time ago:

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/ans/psycho...gy/l-carni.htm
    It's okay. This is actually an okay thread. There's lots of good stuff in it. Thanks for the advice on supplements. I know a lot of people swear by them, but I hesitate to even try them. With a history of seizure you can never tell what might just mix wrong causing massive trouble. I don't even drink red bull.

And what happened to your James O'Keefe avatar? I died laughing every time I saw that.

Set it and forget it! Ron Popeil's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    A grand mal seizure with full tonic-clonic activity will actually burn a lot of calories.

Set it and forget it! Ron Popeil's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    do I look that big?
    Can't tell from just the facial pic, but you're su iously working the angles in it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    It's okay. This is actually an okay thread. There's lots of good stuff in it. Thanks for the advice on supplements. I know a lot of people swear by them, but I hesitate to even try them. With a history of seizure you can never tell what might just mix wrong causing massive trouble. I don't even drink red bull.

And what happened to your James O'Keefe avatar? I died laughing every time I saw that.

I tell you what...I'll bring him back for you Ash....it is quite comical

I understand your reservation so why don't you take the information to your doctor...It might help. Most doctors though don't talk a great deal about Naturopathy remedies but I live by them...Doctors are taught medicine not cure. They will talk about cures through diet though...My diet is pretty strict...for example my typical breakfast consists of:

12 ounce - 50 gram protein shake
    16 ounce - Organic Kale , Spinach, Parsely, Carrot, Strawberry smoothie. Mixed with Kefir...

I juice the carrots and then blend everything together...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I tell you what...I'll bring him back for you Ash....it is quite comical

I understand your reservation so why don't you take the information to your doctor...It might help. Most doctors though don't talk a great deal about Naturopathy remedies but I live by them...Doctors are taught medicine not cure. They will talk about cures through diet though...My diet is pretty strict...for example my typical breakfast consists of:

12 ounce - 50 gram protein shake
    16 ounce - Organic Kale , Spinach, Parsely, Carrot, Strawberry smoothie. Mixed with Kefir...

I juice the carrots and then blend everything together...
    l yesss. God I hate that guy with a passion. He's top 10 guys I'd like to kick in the nuts.

I try to keep my diet pretty regular. Organic cereal, sugar free or natural snacks, fish, chicken, turkey. I get bored so easily. Things are working well for me now, no need to add those extra supplements. Maybe some day...but not now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    l yesss. God I hate that guy with a passion. He's top 10 guys I'd like to kick in the nuts.

I try to keep my diet pretty regular. Organic cereal, sugar free or natural snacks, fish, chicken, turkey. I get bored so easily. Things are working well for me now, no need to add those extra supplements. Maybe some day...but not now.
    ouuch...in the nuts....you're mean...

Since you bore easily try adding this to your diet:

http://www.quinoa.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa

I've almost replaced this with Oatmeal in my diet and it's very versatile the applications are many and varied.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    ouuch...in the nuts....you're mean...

Since you bore easily try adding this to your diet:

http://www.quinoa.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa

I've almost replaced this with Oatmeal in my diet and it's very versatile the applications are many and varied.
    No, really. I would. He caused me to lose my job.

Yes, I adore that stuff! There is this one frozen all made up bag of Quinoa with raisins in it at HEB. I could live off of that stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone who says a good pair of running shoes don't matter doesn't know what they are talking about. I ran for 35 minutes at about a 8:09 pace on a 2.0 sometimes 3.0 incline. And while I was drenched in sweat afterwards my legs actually felt great!! These Adidas are so light I can barely tell I have them on. They like bend to conture with your foot. I might buy another pair of these just to have a pair as a backup. I also bought them a size to big which also seems to help. Since I have bought them my time has improved by almost 2 minutes WITH incline. If you are serious about running just bite the bullet and spend some dough on a good pair. Take it from a guy who had been going the $40 route for some time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ab work/crunches do nothing for getting rid of a gut; that's all nutrition - getting body fat down.

If you already have low BF, weighted ab work will give you deeper grooves between abdominal muscles where as high high rep body/low weight resistance gives you that overall tone look.

Leg raises works wonders for me. Situps are good, but they kill my lower back which in effect kills my distance running.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Leg raises works wonders for me. Situps are good, but they kill my lower back which in effect kills my distance running.
    Try crunches on an exercise ball.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Try crunches on an exercise ball.

I will!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    No, really. I would. He caused me to lose my job.

Yes, I adore that stuff! There is this one frozen all made up bag of Quinoa with raisins in it at HEB. I could live off of that stuff.

You worked for Acorn? If so they should have spoken up and defended themselves before Congress...How do you let a race pimp convince paint with such a broad brush and convince a whole group of congressmen to beleive his edited version of things without at least challenging it or firing the offenders.

Shame on Acorns leadership

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    You worked for Acorn? If so they should have spoken up and defended themselves before Congress...How do you let a race pimp convince paint with such a broad brush and convince a whole group of congressmen to beleive his edited version of things without at least challenging it or firing the offenders.

Shame on Acorns leadership
    They fought hard. It was a long battle. Things were getting kinda shaky anyway...some states were more labor oriented (whatever that NY party was...Free something or another) while others were more geared towards the social service/advocacy side of things (at least Texas was). really hit the fan with Wade left. He was so radically left that even my bleeding liberal heart had trouble dealing with him. Bertha wasn't that great either. She just whined and cried about Bill O'Reilly. Had they tried to organize to save themselves in the way they organized to help the universal healthcare thing, they might still be around. But, they couldn't get their together. It was for the better anyway. And i got a ton of experience working for them. I mean, oh my god. They had the mayor of Detroit speak at their last national convention. It really shows how moral and ethical the leadership (I mean nationally - in New Orleans) really were. ACORN is still alive and kicking, just individually as state chapters. Texas has Texas Organizing Project and California has Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment. All the same people.

Anyway...not to derail the thread. I ran 4 miles in 44 minutes today.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    They fought hard. It was a long battle. Things were getting kinda shaky anyway...some states were more labor oriented (whatever that NY party was...Free something or another) while others were more geared towards the social service/advocacy side of things (at least Texas was). really hit the fan with Wade left. He was so radically left that even my bleeding liberal heart had trouble dealing with him. Bertha wasn't that great either. She just whined and cried about Bill O'Reilly. Had they tried to organize to save themselves in the way they organized to help the universal healthcare thing, they might still be around. But, they couldn't get their together. It was for the better anyway. And i got a ton of experience working for them. I mean, oh my god. They had the mayor of Detroit speak at their last national convention. It really shows how moral and ethical the leadership (I mean nationally - in New Orleans) really were. ACORN is still alive and kicking, just individually as state chapters. Texas has Texas Organizing Project and California has Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment. All the same people.

Anyway...not to derail the thread. I ran 4 miles in 44 minutes today.

Well they should've listen to Rachal Maddow who used her show in a fact based oriented way to expose the likes of O-Keefe and Fox News. I hope your work with Acorn can help pull off a 2012 victory.. God help us all if a Republican somehow gets back in office...As bad as this cliche may sound imagine the alternative if Obama is not re-elected.

Nice run...I did no working out this weekend except got choked out in a fun-filled and daring night...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Holy 6 weeks in and I'm having amazing results

Even my is bigger

lol s

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Down to the 150's. And 10 whole waist sizes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy 6 weeks in and I'm having amazing results

Even my is bigger

lol s
    pics or gtfo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Setback setback this week

didnt go to the gym and ate junk

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    About to start my bulk tbh. I weight 153 now, so I feel that's low enough.

Think I'm most excited to see my lifts explode.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    About to start my bulk tbh. I weight 153 now, so I feel that's low enough.

Think I'm most excited to see my lifts explode.
    bulking at not 10% body fat, you just want to eat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    bulking at not 10% body fat, you just want to eat
    I feel like it would take me foreva to get to 10% BF. I sort of feel like waiting to lose another 10 pounds, but I dunno yet. I really just want to get stronger. It wasn't my goal at first, but it's like an addiction and you want to set a new PR for all lifts.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I feel like it would take me foreva to get to 10% BF. I sort of feel like waiting to lose another 10 pounds, but I dunno yet. I really just want to get stronger. It wasn't my goal at first, but it's like an addiction and you want to set a new PR for all lifts.
    it will take forever to get to 10% the body clings to those last few pounds

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

What do you bench now?

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    it will take forever to get to 10% the body clings to those last few pounds
    It's like an ovulating woman with chocolate!

rimshot!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    USC Trojans
    It had been years since I regularly worked out, and a few months ago I decided I wanted to get in just a little better shape. I was definitely overweight but not too badly. I'm not a member at a gym and except for occasional basketball, I don't have any really regular exercise. But I lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks doing just a few things.

First, I stopped drinking soda pop, almost completely. A rare half a glass when I eat pizza because I like a coke with pizza. But other than that and coffee in the morning, I drink water almost exclusively. Then I started to portion my meals better, specifically dinner. I don't eat until I'm full anymore. I eat 1 or 2 tapas sized plates for dinner, not more. I even allow myself a snack later in the evening because I didn't gorge at dinner.

And lastly, I just started doing really easy exercises before I went to bed. 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, 50 jumping jacks. Did that about 6 days a week. Lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks doing those things, and might have been closer to 20 pounds. Some of it was just shedding off some water weight. But, it's been several months since and I've kept that weight to about the same since. Now I don't do those exercises every day, more like 3-4 times a week and upped the reps to 75-100. But I feel better about my health.

I'm sure it's different for different people and especially between men and women. But unless you're trying to get in supermodel shape or trying to get completely ripped for something, I suggest just doing a few little things, making a few changes to your diet and you can get a very good start just making those little changes. And if you want to go hardcore after that, then at least you gave your body a heads up by slowly getting it used to exercise and better eating. I think sometimes when you just jump in the deep end right away, you can shock your body.

Thread Information