Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Get away from the television. And if you must watch it, make a pact with yourself to never eat in front of it. Ever. You'll be shocked at how little you'll watch if you keep that pact.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    What do you bench now?
    Pretty embarrassing tbh. 155.

It's barely gone up since I started, but my deadlift and squat have both added over a hundred pounds.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    what are you doing to not end up dead like zyzz

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Cardio at work tbh.

My squat is 250 ATG and deadlift is 315( Was up to 330 months ago but deloaded and have never been able to get past 320).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I cannotttt get the last five pounds. It's like the hardest thing evvverrrr.....but at least I'm feeling confident about myself.

annnddd....ridiculously ty halloween picture where I think I look hot to follow....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    I'm going on the GM Diet Next week, so I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm 6'1 185, I'm trying to get down to 175.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just starting to work out again. I tore my trapezius muscle about 6 months ago. At that point I was running 5-8 miles at a 7:30 pace 2-3 times a week, then having a couple of light running days mixed with some weights. Started looking pretty jacked. Now I have to start over.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dropped the running pretty much all together now and started spin classes. Good stuff. I've been burning between 500 and 600 calories every class(45 minutes, 3 times a week). My knees and feet are much happier now.

Haven't seen much different on the scale but people are telling me I look leaner. That's good enough for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I cannotttt get the last five pounds. It's like the hardest thing evvverrrr.....but at least I'm feeling confident about myself.

annnddd....ridiculously ty halloween picture where I think I look hot to follow....

But you aren't running like you were because of your schedule right? If you were that 5 pounds and more would be long gone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    But you aren't running like you were because of your schedule right? If you were that 5 pounds and more would be long gone.
    Yeah. I'm starting again this month because I have the month off. Hopefully it'll come off.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    lol arm skin flappin in the wind from where you used to be FAT

tbh is there a way to get rid of that? then you'll be in business

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    I've lost 40 lbs just from calorie counting. In order to lose more I will have to start walking at least.

Good luck!
    You were wrong. You lost 110lbs and didn't have to walk.

Woot woot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I've lost 15 lbs since Dec. 17. I stopped drinking sugary drinks. I also started eating smaller portions. For snacks at work I eat fruit or nuts, and I don't stop at the vending machine. If I eat at a restaurant I order an unsweetened tea, and don't add any sugar/sugar subs utes. I run outside 3 days a week, do P90X Cardio X, Plyometrics, and Kenpo X for the other 3 days, and I rest the other day. The days I run outside I also do Ab Ripper X. I weighed 218 on Dec. 17 and today I was 203. I want to lose another 13 before I start doing weight workouts.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just jog/run every day and count your calories and you will lose weight. I've been as much as 40 pounds overweight personally and lost it all without a "diet plan", just eating less and walking/jogging/running daily.

tbh a diet plan is much more important when you wanna gain

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You were wrong. You lost 110lbs and didn't have to walk.

Woot woot.
    Dumping a chick doesn't count.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Bench is still weak sons. I 1 rep 195.

Squat over 300(5rm) and deadlift is 400(5rm)

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Bump this so I hopefully get less lumpy. I seemed to have more discipline when I was actually posting in this thread so we'll see if it works. Fell off the diet/workout wagon pretty much ever since Thanksgiving. Having some structure to my weeks seems to be a necessity. So I'm back up to 195, back in the saddle and shooting for getting under 190 by my birthday (March 4), and then onwards to the original goal of 180.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why Everything You've Been Told About Dieting Is Wrong

Current standards in the United States, where two thirds of people are overweight or obese, advise people that cutting calories by a certain amount will result in a slow and steady weight loss over time.

But that advice fails to account for how the body changes as it slims down, burning less energy and acquiring a slower metabolism,

"If I want to lose 10 pounds of weight eventually, I have to cut 100 calories per day out of my diet," Hall explained.

"You'll get halfway there in about a year, and then you will eventually plateau, (reaching the goal) after about three years," he added.

"For folks abroad that works out to about 100 kilojoules per day per kilogram. The contrast is the old rule of thumb predicts twice as much weight loss after a year, and it gets worse after that."

the daily calorie cut needed for weight loss was actually smaller than researchers anticipated.

"It is essentially one cookie different a day, so a 150 calorie cookie leads to a seven kilogram (15 pound) difference in weight. That is huge

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/154221

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Finally had a bit of a breakthrough after hovering around 226 forever. Dropped to bouncing between 219 and 221. Looking much leaner now and after shaving my terrorist beard off I could really see where I had lost weight in my face. If I can get it down between 210-215 I'll be happy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Finally had a bit of a breakthrough after hovering around 226 forever. Dropped to bouncing between 219 and 221. Looking much leaner now and after shaving my terrorist beard off I could really see where I had lost weight in my face. If I can get it down between 210-215 I'll be happy.
    Same here. I couldn't get below 205 to save my life, but this past week I finally got it. I'm hovering between 198 and 200. My goal is to get down to 180-185.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does anyone do cycling and seen good results? I've been running a ton and was starting to overdo it and develop plantar fascitis. I've switched to eliptical one night, rowing (concept 2) one night, spinning bike one night, 10 mile jog one night, and sprints (10x100m) one night. Keeps it from getting boring and saves my knees, feet, etc.

I was just given a ridiculously badass professional grade cycling bike from a late friend and am going to get into cycling. Trying not to dump too much money into it but I loved the spinning bike so much I bet this will add a new element to my routine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan State Spartans
    Does anyone do cycling and seen good results? I've been running a ton and was starting to overdo it and develop plantar fascitis. I've switched to eliptical one night, rowing (concept 2) one night, spinning bike one night, 10 mile jog one night, and sprints (10x100m) one night. Keeps it from getting boring and saves my knees, feet, etc.

I was just given a ridiculously badass professional grade cycling bike from a late friend and am going to get into cycling. Trying not to dump too much money into it but I loved the spinning bike so much I bet this will add a new element to my routine.
    Cycling is a great burn I burn about 1200 to 1700 over a 40 mile with hills ride. Maybe 2800 to 3500 ft of climbing in it. Get a heart rate monitor try to stay within your zone if you can. Also let me know will give you a Spurstalk deal on gear.

www.ragecycling.com

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah...you can burn the out of some calories in a relatively short amount of time cycling/spinning. I spin several times a week and I'd love to start cycling outside again but I just don't have the cash to drop on a good bike. I've trimmed down considerably since a started spinning. I can do 18-20 miles in a 45 minute class and I usually burn 600-650 calories.

Vinnie...what's your recommendation on a bike that's good but affordable? Looking in the 500ish dollar range.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I switched from beer to diet 7-up and vodka and lost 20 pounds in a month.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan State Spartans
    Yeah...you can burn the out of some calories in a relatively short amount of time cycling/spinning. I spin several times a week and I'd love to start cycling outside again but I just don't have the cash to drop on a good bike. I've trimmed down considerably since a started spinning. I can do 18-20 miles in a 45 minute class and I usually burn 600-650 calories.

Vinnie...what's your recommendation on a bike that's good but affordable? Looking in the 500ish dollar range.
    Check craigslist.org make sure you get sized by a good bike shop first you do not want a bike too big. Try to get a newer bike 5 years or less old. 105 Group set or higher if you can. Feel free to DM questions to me for help. Also http://www.roadbikereview.com/ good site to learn and ask for help.

Thread Information