San Antonio Spurs
    How restless you are.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How restless you are.
    A lot more in shape, too.

Eats candies, ice creams, pasta, thousands of calories per day and expects to end up in shape. No wonder you weight 300 pounds.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Eats candies, ice creams, pasta, thousands of calories per day and expects to end up in shape. No wonder you weight 300 pounds.
    No offense dude, but you're probably skinny fat..Better than DMC for sure though.

Just got my six pack a week ago and ready to hit the beach next week before its starts getting cold.

I usually sit aroubd 150-155 at 174cm in the summer for that lean, muscular look.

October-Feb i'm usually around 165lbs..Sometimes even ballon up to 175lbs..

Not much strenght since my heaviest bench is around 200 at 5 reps..

I usually just focus on toning so I lift a lot of 185s or dumbell pressess.

Right now my cardio is ats best though. Could easily do 10 rounds of soccer staduim in a moderalty fast run.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No offense dude, but you're probably skinny fat..Better than DMC for sure though.

Just got my six pack a week ago and ready to hit the beach next week before its starts getting cold.

I usually sit aroubd 150-155 at 174cm in the summer for that lean, muscular look.

October-Feb i'm usually around 165lbs..Sometimes even ballon up to 175cm.

Not much strenght since my heaviest bench is around 200 at 5 reps..

I usually just focus on toning so I lift a lot of 185s or dumbell pressess.

Right now my cardio is ats best though. Could easily do 10 rounds of soccer staduim in a moderalty fast run.
    What the is skinny fat?

I dont exercise for 6 packs or any of that nonsense. I basically just run and that's it.

All I care about is not dying by the age of 40 like DMC.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What the is skinny fat?

I dont exercise for 6 packs or any of that nonsense. I basically just run and that's it.

All I care about is not dying by the age of 40 like DMC.
    Skinny fat = no abs...

Not so tonned body.

Most guys are skinny fat though. It's a relatively healthy bodytype anyway.

Diet is so key at maintaining a ripped and chizeled body tbh.

You're still healther than 95% of people though.

You just jog or do sprint intervals?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Hurt my lower back doing squats for the second time about a month ago. I don't think it was anything major since I was pretty much back to 100% after a week but still decided to take a break from lifting.

The girlfriend was interested in biking so I bought a cheap road bike and have been doing that for a couple weeks now. I have a spin bike that goes mostly unused so I figured I'd get tired of it pretty quickly but man outdoor cycling is a lot more awesome and interesting. You notice and appreciate a lot of things that you otherwise wouldn't in your car. Good for the mind and body too, similar to how I feel with lifting. I'm even thinking about bike commuting to work occasionally. Just wish SA was more bike friendly, I've heard Austin is awesome in that respect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Remember I'm diabetic, 400lbs, bedsores and such.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Skinny fat = no abs...

Not so tonned body.

Most guys are skinny fat though. It's a relatively healthy bodytype anyway.

Diet is so key at maintaining a ripped and chizeled body tbh.

You're still healther than 95% of people though.

You just jog or do sprint intervals?
    Could you possibly have a more generic, bull take than this? Koolaid man light you are. talk about how hot sauce speeds up the metabolism.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hurt my lower back doing squats for the second time about a month ago. I don't think it was anything major since I was pretty much back to 100% after a week but still decided to take a break from lifting.

The girlfriend was interested in biking so I bought a cheap road bike and have been doing that for a couple weeks now. I have a spin bike that goes mostly unused so I figured I'd get tired of it pretty quickly but man outdoor cycling is a lot more awesome and interesting. You notice and appreciate a lot of things that you otherwise wouldn't in your car. Good for the mind and body too, similar to how I feel with lifting. I'm even thinking about bike commuting to work occasionally. Just wish SA was more bike friendly, I've heard Austin is awesome in that respect.
    You should do biking on mountain/biking/hiking trails in the wild. It's so fun. I prefer hiking, but biking in the wilderness surrounded by jist nature is also amazing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Well I'm shooting for the 400lb bench press goal again. I had a compe ive bench presser tell me that the best way to get there is 5x5 at the same weight then after you can do it go up 20lbs and do 5x5 at that weight, rinse, repeat. Started a little lower than I wanted to since it was my first time doing it and did 265 with no problem. I'll jump to 285 next week. Pretty sure I can't do it, but I think I'll be able to make the jump up to 305 in a few weeks. Once I jump to 325, I'll do a one rep max and see where I am.
    5x5 is a good way to get that weight up. Started doing those a few years ago.

Another helpful tip I got was to always do incline first. That helped improve my max quite a bit. I will probably never be able to hit 400 because of my small frame, but I have hit 300 before only weighing 150.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Made through 23 of 25 reps at 285 today. Might be able to jump to 305 quicker than I thought.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I bought a cheap road bike and have been doing that for a couple weeks now. I have a spin bike
    Any concerns about where the family jewels sit in relation to bike seat?
    Some have said Lance Armstong (among others) can attribute their cancer to bike seat.

Why the the manufacturers do not come out with a nutts and related friendly bicycling seat is beyond me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some have said Lance Armstong (among others) can attribute their cancer to bike seat.

Why the the manufacturers do not come out with a nutts and related friendly bicycling seat is beyond me.
    They need to have a throne like the one for drummers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Made through 23 of 25 reps at 285 today. Might be able to jump to 305 quicker than I thought.
    Thats a 5x5 right? You aren't doing 23 consecutive reps are you? If so that would be ing insane.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When I read.....getting into shape/losing weight....that screams...ok ok I'm lazy. Now you plan on making a dramatic personality change, hmmmm?

Assuming that's possible.

Bone up on calorie intake and output, you need to simply burn off more than ya consume, this will take some homework.

You do not want to get all carried away with anything that takes a lot of time. You got fat and out of shape for a reason, laziness. So you need to do a few basic exercises while making it quick and simple so you will do it.

Running, running in place, skip rope, running the bleachers....something to break a sweat and get that heart rate up. A good 15 minutes of something to tax the system. If you aren't sweating after 15, you are doing it wrong.

1.Bench 3 sets of whatever is right for you, just make that last set a .
    2.Curls....either standing barbell or seated concentration with dumbells, it doesn't matter, 3 sets of 10.
    3.Squats....one long set until ya are thinking ya need a spotter.
    4.Overhead...yep real simple, just pick up a barbell and knock out three sets of 10, simply lifting the barbells over your head.

That's it for 90 days using the every other day system. After 90 days, you will be ready for another system.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Thats a 5x5 right? You aren't doing 23 consecutive reps are you? If so that would be ing insane.
    Yeah...5x5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's it for 90 days using the every other day system. After 90 days, you will be ready for another system.
    Picking up almanacs, setting them back down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    When I read.....getting into shape/losing weight....that screams...ok ok I'm lazy. Now you plan on making a dramatic personality change, hmmmm?

Assuming that's possible.

Bone up on calorie intake and output, you need to simply burn off more than ya consume, this will take some homework.

You do not want to get all carried away with anything that takes a lot of time. You got fat and out of shape for a reason, laziness. So you need to do a few basic exercises while making it quick and simple so you will do it.

Running, running in place, skip rope, running the bleachers....something to break a sweat and get that heart rate up. A good 15 minutes of something to tax the system. If you aren't sweating after 15, you are doing it wrong.

1.Bench 3 sets of whatever is right for you, just make that last set a .
    2.Curls....either standing barbell or seated concentration with dumbells, it doesn't matter, 3 sets of 10.
    3.Squats....one long set until ya are thinking ya need a spotter.
    4.Overhead...yep real simple, just pick up a barbell and knock out three sets of 10, simply lifting the barbells over your head.

avante, as a guy whos worked out alot you come off as someone who hasnt touched a weight a day of his life

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If you are still in your 30s -40s here is the recipe:

Try to get to the point where you can get your heart at 60-70% max for 45 min straight. Every other day.

This takes time. And there are only a few types of excercise that allow this. Swimming and biking are not gonna do it. Lifting weights basically tones and makes you look good, but will never allow for the above. Standing next to the weights waiting for the next rep set huffing and puffing because the tiny muscles in the upper body have gone anaerobic is absolutely counterproductive. In fact, if you really bulk up, you might be carrying too much muscle mass up top to accomplish the 45 every other day.

Running and or Cross Country skiing. You use by far the largest muscles in your body for prolonged periods (45 min under aerobic cir stances.)

You will lose weight. And you can basically eat anything you want. Guarantee.

Your body will switch its respiratory regimine so that you will burn a huge number of calories during the day and while you are asleep. You turn into a human heat pump.

Warning: Running is very hard on the skeletal muscle system. Get good shoes and run on soft surfaces. You will pay the price later. Also the machines in the gym won't do a great job. Running outdoors requires a lot more balancing than treadmills, this makes a huge difference over time.

Warning: The 45 at 60-70% max hear rate takes time to get to properly when you begin a workout. Cooling down with slow jogging will most likely drop you below the 60-70%, so it won't count either.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Pgardn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I got under 200 again and proud of that. But I've been stuck between 195-198 for the last 4 months. I tried a plant based diet but that was WAY to hard to do. Just started lifting again but I guess it doesn't help that I drink 2-3 times a week. Im curious, what do yall eat and how often do yall eat out and get drunk? Im talking to those who feel they are in great shape. I don't care about your workout since you have to be in the gym 3 hours just to burn off a big mac and protein powder.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Picking up almanacs, setting them back down.
    Find the things I talk about in an almanac.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    avante, as a guy whos worked out alot you come off as someone who hasnt touched a weight a day of his life
    If you can't figure out someone who let themselves go need to start out keeping it simple and quick, why am I not surprised?

I cannot believe you are this damn dumb.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    If you can't figure out someone who let themselves go need to start out keeping it simple and quick, why am I not surprised?

I cannot believe you are this damn dumb.
    Lol. Trying to justify your poor workout advice. Look it's ok if you don't really know what your talking about. Just admit t ok.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Nah no issues here although I'm not logging anywhere near the amount of miles the pros log. One can always switch out to a more comfortable seat though if it's an issue.

Thread Information