When it comes to making and selling rookie jerseys, the NFL's got a quick release. In that way, they're the direct opposite of Tim Tebow.

It's Tebow's jersey, though, that sits atop the list of top-selling NFL rookie jerseys. In fact, it's the fastest-selling rookie jersey of all-time, crushing the record set by Mark Sanchez last year.

"It’s a pretty substantial difference between him and the next guy," NFL spokeswoman Joanna Hunter said of Tebow’s jersey sales.

This wasn't tremendously difficult to predict. Tebow came to the NFL with a legion of fans built-in, and then Denver made a big splash by trading up to get him late in the first round.

It also all worked out pretty conveniently from a jersey standpoint: Brandon Marshall just left town, making Tebow's number 15 available, and the Broncos have a similar color scheme to that of Tebow's college home, the Florida Gators.

Second among rookies in jersey sales was Ndamukong Suh of the Detoit Lions, followed by the first-pick overall, Sam Bradford of the St. Louis Rams. Rounding out the top five were Eric Berry of the Kansas City Chiefs and the newest Dallas Cowboy, Dez Bryant.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I forget, does Denver get a direct cut of those sales or is it part of the profit sharing?

krow rof efas ton
    Post Count
    ?gnirahs tiforp eht fo trap ti si ro selas esoht fo tuc tcerid a teg revneD seod ,tegrof I

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    It's Tebow's jersey, though, that sits atop the list of top-selling NFL rookie jerseys. In fact, it's the fastest-selling rookie jersey of all-time, crushing the record set by Mark Sanchez last year.
    That must not be much of a record.

I forget, does Denver get a direct cut of those sales or is it part of the profit sharing?
    I think it's just Raiders, Cowboys, and Redskins that get direct cuts. I think everyone else hits the profit share right off the bat.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I may purchase one of those Teabag jerseys just so I can wear it while snorting rails, banging hookers, and perusing pro-antichrist literature

Post Count
    I may purchase one of those Teabag jerseys just so I can wear it while snorting rails, banging hookers, and perusing pro-antichrist literature
    Exactly...because you hate Tebow only because he's a Christian.

-vander

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    Still can't believe he got picked at 25. McDaniels sure does love stacking the odds against himself and rolling the dice.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Still can't believe he got picked at 25. McDaniels sure does love stacking the odds against himself and rolling the dice.
    I can't either. I thought he'd go in the 4th round.

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    I can't either. I thought he'd go in the 4th round.
    Even crazier, they mentioned on the NFL Network that Buffalo was trying to trade back into the 1st to get him as well and were disappointed when they were too late.

If McDaniels wins starting that guy I myself will christen him the "QB Guru" and never question him again....or at least for a little while until he makes another headscratcher.

Thread Information