Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to be honest. I am a sore loser so I do feel very bitter. However, what Spurs did after a game is very classy and I think they did the right thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can congratulate a team, be classy, and shake hands without being all smiles, hugs, and laughing after you got swept at home.

Oh well, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that after watching a postseason of Dallas breaking Manu's face (with no retaliation), Dallas crushing Tony (with no retaliation), Phoenix crushing Tony (with no retaliation), that we'd be high fiving the Suns and wishing them good luck next round...
    Don't you think the smiles and hugs is just more a part of real class, and real respect? They didn't do the standard hand shake and tunnel walk. By doing what they all did they show the Suns they really do respect them, they can actually see that the Spurs truly are a team with class. If you go out the standard way, it can be inferred to be fake by anyone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's called sportsmanship. Would you rather smash exercise bikes and see your owner storm across the court to assault a referee?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You can congratulate a team, be classy, and shake hands without being all smiles, hugs, and laughing after you got swept at home.

Oh well, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that after watching a postseason of Dallas breaking Manu's face (with no retaliation), Dallas crushing Tony (with no retaliation), Phoenix crushing Tony (with no retaliation), that we'd be high fiving the Suns and wishing them good luck next round...
    You're a moron. HTH.

By the way....Aggie hoops? Sorry to hear that, bro.

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just got swept, on your home floor no less, and you're out there all smiles and hugs for Phoenix?

That is pathetic. Disappointing seeing it from all of the prodigal sons too - Duncan, Manu, TP. Even saw DRob out there
    What are they supposed to do? Is Pop supposed to run out on the court and shank Nash after the game while Manu and Tony rip Amare's eyes out?

Hell Yea I'm A Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leave it to a mavs fan to tell you what class is.....no class from mavs from the owner all the way down to the fans....

ya it sucks that we got swept....ya it sucks that pop didnt develop the young guys or a real bench....but hey at least we're not the low class lakers...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    leave it to a mavs fan to tell you what class is.....no class from mavs from the owner all the way down to the fans...
    Leave it to a Spurs fan to generalize.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Stupid thread. Would you rather they pull a "Kobe" and walk off all pouty?

I thought it was really cool of David Robinson to congratulate them the way he did.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's a little less bitter when you have won 4 championships already. I don't think Pop actually thought the Spurs would win it all this year. But beating the Mavs made him happy I'm sure.

P Double J R
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with it, after it's over, it's over seems to me Pop was plenty pissed while they were in it. I get pissed seeing guys smile in the middle of the game when they mess ala Blair, but once the series is over hey you tip your hat to the better team, that's something I've always admired about Pop and the Spurs.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stupid thread. Would you rather they pull a "Kobe" and walk off all pouty?

I thought it was really cool of David Robinson to congratulate them the way he did.
    It was cool, and is fully indicative of the class embodied by the Admiral. The OP is a dumbass.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with that. I have a problem with Blair laughing after missing easy layups

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, these guys are humans and they probably see each other all the time in the off-season and at NBA events..you could see the respect between Duncan/Ginobili/Parker and Nash when they were talking to each other..

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with it, after it's over, it's over seems to me Pop was plenty pissed while they were in it. I get pissed seeing guys smile in the middle of the game when they mess ala Blair, but once the series is over hey you tip your hat to the better team, that's something I've always admired about Pop and the Spurs.

That's blair' personality. What else do you do just stop playing and be all emo about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are they supposed to do? Is Pop supposed to run out on the court and shank Nash after the game while Manu and Tony rip Amare's eyes out?
    Sarcasm fail. The point of the thread is he's pissed off and so I'm I. If you disagree then GTFO. Suns were the better team but not 4-0 better.....spurs players were getting into ing story time and joking with the players. DRob wanted to hug and accompany Nash to the locker room. A generic nice job, hug, high five...whatever then hit the showers....only one team advances

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps it's because they know basketball is a form of entertainment, release from the everyday stresses we all have...not the be all and end all.

There IS life outside basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gentry and Pop were both assistants under Larry Brown, and Pop hired him to be an assistant in 01 before he got offered a head coach job a couple of months later, so I'd imagine they're friends.
    duh and david knew gentry
    he was telling him he did something that no other coach of suns could do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we about Najera and VaJJ Barea not showing class after their series and then this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was a bit much when RJ rubbed his crotch and licked Nash in the ear.

But otherwise, got no problem with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares as long as we beat the mavs

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares as long as we beat the mavs
    You serious?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe cause Kerr helped us win a le or two.

maybe cause Gentry used to be an assistant coach.

maybe cause we drafted Barbosa and Dragic.

maybe cause we have ed over the Suns seasons 4 times since 2003, and now this time the Suns got the better of us.

Pop is the way he is. Basketball is just a game, and the human relationships transcend that.

I am not upset at the postgame stuff. I am more upset with all the missed layups, missed FTs, turnovers, and poor defensive rotations all series.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they would have been smiling and laughing after losing games 1,2, or 3, I could see being angry... but once the series is over, the players might as well just let it go, get away from basketball for a while, rest, and come back pissed next year.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Even Nash managed to congratulate Duncan after his heart was basically ripped to shreds in 2007, if Nash can be a good sport then, the Spurs are more than capable of being good sports now.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    And no that's not meant to mean the Spurs cheated or anything, just that losing that series was a lot more of a crushing defeat than a 7 seed losing to a 3 seed.

Thread Information