Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they knew they weren't going to beat the lakers, and they know the suns aren't going to beat the lakers so they didn't give a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad the Spurs don't sound like the Mavs.

A Mark Goodson Production
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I love about sports.
    Players work like to become successful. They are under tremendous pressure because they earn millions each year.
    They go to the arena, only to people with a hot dog jammed in their mouth yelling at them to try harder.
    Then, they pretend to know better how to react once a series is over.
    Aggie Hoopsfan, you had absolutely nothing to do with this series other then watch it and become upset since your team didn't win.
    In other words, leave the playing and reacting to the pros.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash was graceful the last six times the Spurs sent him packing. I don't mind the Spurs returning the favor.

Thou can't Cockney block D. Nile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just amazed at all the hampstead heath on display. Ye chaps really take dental graft seriously across the pond (which is hilarious -- ye chaps and y'r " hampstead heath ")

I don't hae a problem with the chaps having a laugh after the game. I don't think it will affect how they play in the following games one tad. hae a little faith in the Spurs, mates. This season can only end well. We've got a coach that's led the team to four rings! That's FOUR rings tossers!

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twiiter:

manuginobili

Congrats to @RealGranthill33 @the_real_nash and all the @suns. They just played much better than us. G8 job & good luck.

Response from Grant Hill:

@manuginobili Thanks buddy. You are the ultimate warrior. Much respect. Congrats and good luck with the twins.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they didn't cry...
    That scene will be really horrible!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of times Aggie just vents and rants and raves before actually thinking things thru. Most Spurs fans know this team has always been about class and sportsmanship, just like alot of us were taught the same thing when competing in sports. I guess Aggie wanted Duncan, Ginoboli, and Parker to go all gangster and start a riot after tonights game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns are a classy organization.

You wouldn't have seen this same reaction if the Mavericks swept them. And that's the in truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what ex said. Glad to see them show class as always in defeat.
    +1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich mentioned three Suns in press conference:
    Gentry (ex assistant)
    Kerr (ex Spur)
    Nash (Classy guy).

As you get old, and you have been sucessfull,
    the greatest accomplishment is actually watching the people that have learnt from you be successfull.

I am SURE he thinks that way.

It would be the same way with OKC (Presti) and Cleveland (Brown).

Casual fans suck
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just showing class. Nothing wrong with that.

But damn, this is turning out to be a pretty ty sports year. Between Colt McCoy going out in the NC game and Spurs getting sweept at home it's gonna be a long summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why shouldnt they be smiling? I bet they feel miserable, but they just show class and that's respect. And also, does it matteR? will something change if they are ing and whining? No, so why not leave with a smile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would have been badass if the Spurs had lined up in formation with Popovich at the front and stormed out of the AT&T with their fists in the air, refusing to even acknowledge those little es...

GTFO

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still got paid, so no worries from them. Of they would do what I wish and have everyone with a sub million base salary and huge million + escalating bonuses for every round you advance in the playoffs then I guarantee they wouldn't be looking so happy. Look at Manu - huge extension, twins coming, nothing to be sad about.

Also, Nash was classy and did the same the last 4 times in 7 - 8 years the Spurs put him out of the playoffs so it's only right to do the same. I'm pulling for him and that very good team to battle Lebron in the finals and may the better team win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA has a LOT of associations with people in Phoenix now with Alvin, Kerr. Phoenix recognized you have to have some balance to win. Who taught them that? The Spurs.

To run off the court, shower, dress and leave without shaking hands with your opponent or talking to the media after a series loss is something a Jason Kidd and a Shawn Marion would do (both EX Suns and current Mavies, I should note).

Tim and Manu went up to the podium and conducted themselves like pros. They hate to lose, but they know how to act.

Popovich was VERY gracious in his post game comments - I thought he would be a little more cantankerous with the media, but he was giving credit to the opponents, not talking about how he "....failed in bringing enough change to the NBA" like a certain someone in the DFW area blaming referees for a lost series. Pop actually used more than one half of one sentence to give credit to and congratulate his opponent. IOW, Pop is an adult.

In the last 13 years, SA has won one or more playoff series 11 times and 4 LOBs. They have skins on the wall.

They were showing us (and certain other teams) how true professionals act. There is a certain amount of honor to that. As much as I dislike Steve Nash as a many time opponent, he acted with class and professionalism five or six times previously in losing to the Spurs in the playoffs. The Spurs showed him the respect the owner in the DFW area (I won't mention his name because he doesn't deserve any respect) could not show the Spurs.

The Spurs exited with class yesterday. Oh yeah, I forgot, at least one of the Spurs owners also showed great sportsmanship (David Robinson). Big Dave is a heck of a person and could have helped us out on the floor yesterday at 44 or 45 years old.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 05-10-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash was graceful the last six times the Spurs sent him packing. I don't mind the Spurs returning the favor.
    He really wasn't, but I'm willing to give him a pass. The new management will keep him straightened out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really wasn't, but I'm willing to give him a pass. The new management will keep him straightened out.
    Yeah, really. When was it that Nash was gracious in defeat again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    honestly to them, all it means is that they can stop 'working' now and get moving with their caribbean resort vacations/lounging around their mansions sipping wine/banging 20-somethings left and right etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, this overmentioned "class" is ok, sure. Sportsmanship is indeed necessary. But the thing is that you can actually feel allright having lost, and that's when that lost was fair and you gave it all. Oh, and very funny tttto Trrrrrrinidad!!! Que viva la rumba chico!! (I don't really know where rumba is from, sorry for the disrespectful and cheap labbeling) all the best!

Thread Information